LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2006, 05:14 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin
Eh?

Error 404: your point not found
I'd thought it obvious- all those worrying about the US pulling out of Iraq need not.

The less obvious might be that there is no real difference between the two parties. What they say and what they do are, more often than not, quite different.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:25 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Eh?

Error 404: your point not found
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjax
I'd thought it obvious- all those worrying about the US pulling out of Iraq need not.

The less obvious might be that there is no real difference between the two parties. What they say and what they do are, more often than not, quite different.
Lets see; a one word sentence that could mean theater of war or theater as in acting, a statment of 'we' with no reference other than my own mention of troops and two incomplete sentences.

It was completely obvious... :P
Old 12-11-2006, 08:54 PM

Quote:
It was completely obvious... :P
Sorry. Sometimes the obvious really isn't obvious at all, is it?
Old 12-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjax
Quote:
A lot of people are afraid of the Democrats because some of their members' extreme views being portrayed as the views of all Democrats. I won't deny that some Dems (and some Americans) want the troops pulled out of Iraq immediately. I am smart enough to realize this is not a good idea, incidentally. This was played up pre-election (this one and also the last Presidential election) to rounds of applause at various campaign stops by either Big Dick Cheney or GWB.
Theater. We aren't going anywhere.

Permanent bases all over the country. Largest embassy ever. That right there (alone) ought to tell the people a whole lot.
I "got it" Kjax!!! Bush is ALL about "theater." Everything he said about "reaching across the aisle" and working with the new Dem congress is AN ACT!!! (and a BAD vaudevillian one at that!)

Look at his response to the ISG report! He has NO intention of "straying the course." I can't believe the Dems are buying this Bullhockey!!!

I can see the reason that the Dems don't want to Impeach. But, I fear it is the best method to gain concessions from this megalomaniacal despot!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I "got it" Kjax!!! Bush is ALL about "theater." Everything he said about "reaching across the aisle" and working with the new Dem congress is AN ACT!!! (and a BAD vaudevillian one at that!)
Well ya "half got it." :P

They (dems, repubs) are two sides of the same coin. Two players sitting at the same backroom poker game. Twins, but not identical. Good cop, bad cop. ALL of it is an act. 8)

Theater.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:18 AM

....forget impeachment, bushco should all be interogated, under oath, about forehand knowledge of 9/11/01...then, when the 'clik' is busted open, they all should be given the same sentence as that 'patsy' massoui was given for his forehand knowledge...the dems were a 'lesser' of two evils for alot of voters, even if only because they were not in the majority...at least the change will make a 'bump' in the road on bushco's path of destroying America (for the people they work for)...prolly not enuf of a bump to change the path tho...it is ok to question the emperors new clothes on the hill now, which is a step in the rite direction...