View Poll Results: What do you think of We Can't Make it Here Anymore?
Hate it! 7 70.00%
Thinking about it 3 30.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 01:58 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Consider
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
Consider THIS....

what are you even doing here but deliberately trying to push someone's buttons. Are you even interested in any ones opinion...or what?

Must everyone simply agree with you??
I must have missed something, I didn't see anyone agree with me. At least in the poll.

Nor did anyone write in agreement.

Do you think that there should only be agreement with your opinion?

I had asked you what you are getting out of the war. I wonder... what are you getting out of the war that makes you so keen on it?

As I said, I know what Cheney is getting: major increase in value in his Hallaburton stock. (oops, I've forgotten how to spell Halliburton.)

Oh, sorry.... I missed your post in caps and red ink.

Let me ask you this, don't you think that if the country's young men are being sent to fight possibly to their death, that you and I should be getting something out of the war?

I do. A war purely for the profit of a few people is morally unacceptable to me. Isn't it to you?

Okay, let me offer you a simple observation, and only my opinion. I think you are a negative, miserable person, who can't vent like this at FRESH AIR. You aren't even willing to read a post, just quickly vent your lonely frustrations like it is some form of entertainment.

If you would in the future at least, take the time to CONSIDER who you are speaking to...that would be consider-ate and respectful.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Okay, let me offer you a simple observation, and only my opinion. I think you are a negative, miserable person, who can't vent like this at FRESH AIR. You aren't even willing to read a post, just quickly vent your lonely frustrations like it is some form of entertainment.

If you would in the future at least, take the time to CONSIDER who you are speaking to...that would be consider-ate and respectfl.
What is FRESH AIR. The way that you've put it in all Caps makes me think you don't mean the air outside my window.

LOL re your view of me for not agreeing with you. LOL.

chuckle, chuckle... LOL, giggle. LOL

I read each of your posts. Some I read several times because I could not believe what I was reading, for example,

Quote:
No the enemy is not the whole city but the enemy is in every city and you cannot and will not win this war until you are willing to use force. Such as going into each and every city and going into every building and dragging everybody out into the street and shooting anybody who you even suspect to be the enemy and just leave them lying in the street that is what those people understand and you will not have anymore problems or like what I said with the bombers if there is a section of the city that is not acting right turn it into dust and people will learn to stay away from those kind of people.

I was pretty horrified to read that you think suspects should be shot. I mean, that is exactly NOT what our government is supposed to be about. Your view was so barbaric that I went into the kitchen and made coffee while I thought about how I used to think of truck drivers as sort of the knights in shining armour of today. Your truck looks like that, like beautiful shining armor. It looks strong and noble.

But your views don't speak of nobility.

When someone thinks that people are dispensible, that they should be killed when they have done nothing wrong, that person is contributing to a disintegration of civilization.

Crystal Meth is a huge problem, should we bomb the meth makers and their neighbors?

Say a truck was carrying drugs from Mexico, should we bomb that truck and all the vehicles around it for a square mile in order to do a good job of wiping out harmful drugs?
Karen Kline
Old 08-23-2006, 03:08 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Quote:

If you would in the future at least, take the time to CONSIDER who you are speaking to...that would be consider-ate and respectfl.
What is FRESH AIR. The way that you've put it in all Caps makes me think you don't mean the air outside my window.

LOL re your view of me for not agreeing with you. LOL.

chuckle, chuckle... LOL, giggle. LOL

I read each of your posts. Some I read several times because I could not believe what I was reading, for example,

Quote:
No the enemy is not the whole city but the enemy is in every city and you cannot and will not win this war until you are willing to use force. Such as going into each and every city and going into every building and dragging everybody out into the street and shooting anybody who you even suspect to be the enemy and just leave them lying in the street that is what those people understand and you will not have anymore problems or like what I said with the bombers if there is a section of the city that is not acting right turn it into dust and people will learn to stay away from those kind of people.

I was pretty horrified to read that you think suspects should be shot. I mean, that is exactly NOT what our government is supposed to be about. Your view was so barbaric that I went into the kitchen and made coffee while I thought about how I used to think of truck drivers as sort of the knights in shining armour of today. Your truck looks like that, like beautiful shining armor. It looks strong and noble.

When someone thinks that people are dispensible, that they should be killed when they have done nothing wrong, that person is contributing to a disintegration of civilization.

Crystal Meth is a huge problem, should we bomb the meth makers and their neighbors?

Say a truck was carrying drugs from Mexico, should we bomb that truck and all the vehicles around it for a square mile in order to do a good job of wiping out harmful drugs?
__________________________________________________ __________

Fresh Air is widely known as PBS. But you must know that. Over 5000 posts over there as screen name...."for"....are you simply bored now, or just unable to bust balls over there? Again, I want to ask you Consider....what are you doing here? You appear to be simply looking for a fight. I don't believe you CONSIDER veterans with any regard.

I really am not insulted that you may think I am Mack. I love my friends, and Mack is one gentleman I regard highly.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy
http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/10/13/iraq.graves/

Human rights groups list the dead from Saddam's regime at something more like 300,000. And these people in the mass graves were not caught up in a war where they have FOREIGN insurgents hiding and fighting amongst them in their communities and use them as shields. They were removed and gassed and or just machine gunned and pushed into pits by bulldozers. I wonder why there are so many people who rationalize the latest versions of the warsaw ghettos as none of the worlds business. How brave of you. I guess we were in the wrong when we attacked France, Belgium, Holland and then finally Germany in 1944-45. Was it worth the thousands of civilian casualties that these countries suffered to rid the world of a force that had killed millions.
Hi Fozzy,
It seems as if Roadhog may be saying I didn't sufficiently read your post.

I wasn't sure whether he actually meant the post, or your signature.

I did read them, and your link. In the link I noticed this line, "The women -- four or five of whom were pregnant -- and children appear to have been killed with a single small-caliber gunshot to the head."

I can't help but wonder, why do you think that is bad, if you think that it is all right for the American Army to bomb homes where pregnant women and children are, who have done nothing wrong.

How is it bad for Saddam to kill women and children, and good for the United States to kill women and children?

I don't see how the same thing can be both good and bad.

Also, your signature caused me to stop and think, to wonder if your son felt loved, or if he put his life on the line to win your approval.

Do you really think the army is a home for wayward boys? Do you think your son is wayward? and if he is wayward, do you think his life should be put at risk, possibly cut short? How will you feel if he is killed in Iraq or Afghanistan? Would it bother you if he died and Cheney was spending his millions completely oblivious of your son's sacrifice.

I don't know.

I think you are confusing the wars. I think you are confusing Saddam with Hitler. To me, what the two men did is pretty different.
Karen Kline
Old 08-23-2006, 03:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by consider

__________________________________________________ __________

Fresh Air is widely known as PBS. But you must know that. Over 5000 posts over there as screen name...."for"....are you simply bored now, or just unable to bust balls over there? Again, I want to ask you Consider....what are you doing here? You appear to be simply looking for a fight. I don't believe you CONSIDER veterans with any regard.

I really am not insulted that you may think I am Mack. I love my friends, and Mack is one gentleman I regard highly.
No, I never heard pbs called FRESH AIR before. I joined the forum a couple years ago before I got tetanus. I have some brain damage and I hoped that writing to different topics would help rebuild some of the brain connections. Exercise does actually help rebuild damage.

Yes, I am "for"

I'm not bored. I don't care to "bust balls" - I posted this video over here because I thought it was thought provoking. I wondered if there would be a few or many people here who appreciated it. I don't think the point of the video is to get total agreement with each of its images, but rather to stimulate some thought.

I don't understand what you mean about Mack... I didn't mention Mack... I was simply commenting on the truck in your posts, which I thought was your truck. It's a nice truck.

My dad drove a truck. His dad bought it for him His dad was president of the American Farm Bureau Federation.

I posted here a long time ago, but then my computer broke and without my computer I can't remember a lot of things. I have my computer set to remind me of the things I would otherwise forget. So all my early posts here, I don't have the numbers for them showing because after I changed email addresses I couldn't get my old password. It was just too confusing.

I wonder, do you see that you are attacking me, personally, and that in a way it's similar to how you feel it is okay to attack innocent people in Iraq...
Karen Kline
Old 08-23-2006, 04:44 PM
Board Icon

I am roadhog...I am not Mack, the little green cyclops alien guy. I am the coyote guy with the furry butt.

I know you are formally Consider This.

I am not attacking you. I am merely telling you my observations, and calling it like I see it.

You may have brain damage, but I have not seen anyone use selective mental coherency as an excuse for poor behavior before. If you are experiancing brain connection problems, maybe you should not be provoking people on a message board. I'm saying this only because you seem to feel it's okay to impose your feelings, like ours doesn't count.

Try studying a language....like...I don't know...Farsi...or French maybe. You can repair your brain that way, and not go bullying people on a message board.

Yes I know you posted a controversial song, and sought people's opinion. I was the first person to grace you with a reply.

EVEN though, I read your comment in the beginning, you realized before hand this would likely not go over too well HERE.
You long since cared really about the song. You really seemed to have an agenda, and that is as I see it. I am absoulutely entitled to my opinions as you or any one else. I might view your brain handicap more as a guilt trip and what does that make me look like...oh a bad, bad man, pushing around some old lady who innocently is looking for stimulating thought provoking, brain repairing civil discussion. How dare I???

PLEASE...let me go hurt myself now.
Old 08-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Board Regular

Roadhog... Take a few slow deep breaths... Don't let the ignorance of others get to you.. It's bad for the blood pressure :wink:
Old 08-23-2006, 05:03 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I am roadhog...I am not Mack, the little green cyclops alien guy. I am the coyote guy with the furry butt.

I know you are formally Consider This.

I am not attacking you. I am merely telling you my observations, and calling it like I see it.

You may have brain damage, but I have not seen anyone use selective mental coherency as an excuse for poor behavior before. If you are experiancing brain connection problems, maybe you should not be provoking people on a message board. I'm saying this only because you seem to feel it's okay to impose your feelings, like ours doesn't count.

Try studying a language....like...I don't know...Farsi...or French maybe. You can repair your brain that way, and not go bullying people on a message board.

Yes I know you posted a controversial song, and sought people's opinion. I was the first person to grace you with a reply.

EVEN though, I read your comment in the beginning, you realized before hand this would likely not go over too well HERE.
You long since cared really about the song. You really seemed to have an agenda, and that is as I see it. I am absoulutely entitled to my opinions as you or any one else. I might view your brain handicap more as a guilt trip and what does that make me look like...oh a bad, bad man, pushing around some old lady who innocently is looking for stimulating thought provoking, brain repairing civil discussion. How dare I???

PLEASE...let me go hurt myself now.
Oh NO!!!! You are right.
I kept thinking how much I liked your cartoon avatar. I kept meaning to mention it.

I am totally mixing up you and MACK. I am so sorry. This is a typical confusion for someone with the type of brain damage I have.

I also agree that once I mentioned the brain damage it was like I was asking you to please tip toe. That isn't what I meant.

One thing I am very much interested in, is vitamin B12 because if I had not been low on it, I would not have gotten the original brain damage and nerve damage.

I've been going through my time lines because I am trying to post them on my site, and I see how much numbness I had before I had B12 replacement.

So when I moved into my condo where there was hydrogen sulfide and I started to have the numbness come back, I thought it was low B12 again, only really it was the hydrogen sulfide.

Because stress lowers B12, I like to tell people to check their fingernails and if they have ridges or no moons on them, then they should look into Methylcobalamin.

It is very hard to have lost half my processing speed and half my working memory. It's a drag.

But, I also see that I can pretend there's nothing wrong if I just don't ever try to do anything new. When I do exactly the same things I do them very well, and I like to do the same things over and over because it feels reassuring, normal.

I do think it was a dig when you suggested Farsi... right?

What I'm doing that stretches my mind, rebuilds, is the legal things to try to get my condo back, that was foreclosed and sold with no notice to me of the foreclosure judgment.

See, one thing I know, I mean I am really REALLY sure about, is that if people had written letters to Wally Sargent who built my condo over part of the old privy pit, that he would have made good.

But no one on FRESH AIR would ever write a letter to help someone, it's all bluster.

but see, I also no longer know if it was you who wrote "FRESH AIR."

You sound as if you might be interested in how they test for brain damage... it's pretty amazingly simple. They have these sheets of paper with the words red, green, and blue written in different colored ink than the word... and you have to read them, or else say the color. Someone with brain damage is much slower because it's harder for them to keep it straight, to process whether it's the color or the word that they are supposed to say, and it is so FRUSTRATING to have such a simple thing be hard.

Thank you a lot for honoring me with a response to my post. And thank you for pointing out my confusion.

I hope you accept my apology for not keeping straight that you have the coyote/roadrunner avatar, and roadhog has the little alien guy.

OH MY GOSH, I DID IT AGAIN, UP ABOVE.
YOU ARE ROADHOD, AND YOU DO NOT HAVE THE LITTLE ALIEN GUY.

THIS JUST DRIVES ME CRAZY. I USED TO HAVE SUCH A RELIABLE MIND.

My apologies to both of you.
Karen Kline
Old 08-23-2006, 05:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
....well...I guess I will be the first one to vote. Sorry, I have to lean toward I hated it. I watched the whole sad thing to be fair. Songs like this I know are important forms of expression.

Some of the message was okay, for a negative political song. One could also write a positive political song, with equal emotion, and create patriotism and uplifting spirit, instead of rebellion and dispair.

I love the freedom of expression we have, and a song like this does help a society recognize the need for reforms. I would never move to like say Canada, New Zealand, or anywhere else...because I feel like "We Can't Make It Here Anymore." I generally take a positive stance against anything negative. This song really does very little good in my opinion, and even leaves you feeling sad and hopeless. I hate when music is used like that.

Anyway, I realize you like this sort of expression, so I don't mean to belabor my feelings against it. Like I said earlier, I felt a few good points were raised, but diminished in the dispair. We are American's...we are not powerless, and we are not beaten.

If America falls, this whole world is going to fall with her. Our economy is linked to world economics. If we have to pull our troops home and not offer help to the weaker nations, they will CRY LOUDLY for our help again. Like a lost love, you don't know what you had until it's gone.
If America is brought to her knees, this whole world will suffer. China is becoming a real player, but they will not dance merrily in the streets laughing at us. They will be as nervous as a pig at a BBQ.
Your post is so good, I am so abashed that I got it confused with any other post.

Again, please accept my apology.
Karen Kline
Old 08-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I'm not bored. I don't care to "bust balls" - I posted this video over here because I thought it was thought provoking. I wondered if there would be a few or many people here who appreciated it. I don't think the point of the video is to get total agreement with each of its images, but rather to stimulate some thought.
Okay. Here's what it "stimulated" for thought in me.

I looked at the video a couple of times. That is the kind of thinking that will bring this country to ruin. Not just in the case of war, but in general. It suggests a weakness that will simply stand there and allow foreign forces to over-run all that we love. Al Queda IS a foreign force on our shores. The video shows the mentallity of those that continually go off "HALF-COCKED" and make a lot of noise that degrades the moral of those risking their lives to allow that mentallity.

I was in Viet Nam. I was there when all the "ANTI-WAR PROTESTS" were going on. They did far more damage to the country than the enemy. BY FAR! They also cost AMERICAN LIVES. How many? I don't know. I only know of seven, but without any doubt, there were many more. Don't believe me? Want to know what it was like? How about a sample.

MAIL CALL!!! The postal clerk was standing in the back of a jeep with a bag of mail. He'd pull letters out and call names. BLEVINS (Name changed) A man stepped forward, took the letter, looked at the envelope, then stepped back into the crowd. Three times, his name was called, and the third letter was the one he wanted. He walked through the crowd and sat down under a tree by himself. A few mintues later, there was gunfire. Blevins had his weapon leveled, firing, and was running for the jungle. As he disappeared into the jungle, five more men ran after him to bring him back before he got hurt. Very shortly after they went into the jungle, there was more gunfire. Much more. The rest of us grabbed our weapons and went into the jungle too. When it was over, Blevins was dead. So were six other guys, and another three wounded. Three VIET CONG. Just three. They had had no intention of attacking us, just watching. Maybe counting how many of us there were. One of them died, but the other two got away with the information they had. None of us expected any enemy to be there, so it was like "target prectice in a shooting gallery" for the three enemy. I got to read the crumpled letter under the tree where Blevins sat down to read it. Care to get the just of it?

Quote:
I know you're going to be home soon, but I can't wait. Also, with all the anti-war demonstrations over here, it's not in vogue for a girl to be dating a guy in service. I've started dating Jimmy down the street. He's 4-F and won't be called to go. We're getting married next month, and if you're home, you're invited.
There was more about how the war was wrong and we didn't belong there, but that's about the size of it. I don't remember it all. And, Blevins was going home in THREE DAYS. His real name is on the WALL in Washington. But it, and others like him, should have their own special area. KILLED BY A LOVED ONE - AT THE HANDS OF THE ENEMY It was THE BEST WEAPON the enemy had on our side. One letter, prompted in part by anti-war sentiment back home, cost seven lives for the price of a postage stamp. Now, go back and find out just how many guys dies just before they were coming home.

So, now, you can take that video, and a number of other things you've had to say, roll them all up into a nice little ball, and shove them where the sun doesn't shine.

Did that provoke enough thought to suit you?