User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Well, what's time?

I wasted a lot of time reading these forums, and got tired of the triteness and degeneration of chat by the men. What's up with that?

If you treat women like your wife, mother, girlfriend or daughter, you'd think twice about some of the garbage you post, and get back to some basic respect.

Why don't women want to come here to post......to drive....to interact with some of you? There's your answer (sign).

I drove solo OTR 1977-79 when I was in my early 20's, and it was tougher back then that it was now, I'm sure. It was dangerous then and it's dangerous now. I'm considering going back to it now that I'm single and the kids are grown. But I see nothing has improved for women very much.

I'm sad. I really loved it then, and now that I'm older and wiser, it would be fun to go back to it. Someone tell me something GOOD.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:26 PM
Board Regular

conventional trucks, air conditioning, air ride, air ride seats, and APU's. Better roads, but less time to explore, worse food, much better facilities for women.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:43 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiergirl55 View Post
I wasted a lot of time reading these forums, and got tired of the triteness and degeneration of chat by the men. What's up with that?

If you treat women like your wife, mother, girlfriend or daughter, you'd think twice about some of the garbage you post, and get back to some basic respect.
Well, some of the so called men would treat their mothers,wifes, etc., as you depicted. Unfortunately society has continued to keep it this way. But, there are a lot of the old timers who remember the days that Momma knocked them on their butts for being disrespectfull to women and their elders.

Actually, you have only heard from the few morons. I would say majority of the drivers are respectful. But you will still run in to those idiots on the Cb and internet. They are those "Men" who wont tell it to your face under fear of getting stomped by a women.

Anyway, good luck in whatever you decide to do, truck or not to truck.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:15 AM
Senior Board Member

You should know by now that there's rude dumb *****'s every where. But that dosn't fit everyone. I still hold doors for women and treat them with the same respect that I'd treat anyone. I think most guys are like that (atleast the ones I know) as far as whats being said on the cb, I hardly ever turn it on.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 AM
Senior Board Member

as far as the posts you talk about in here go they are only in fun untill some people cant see the joke,and act like germaine greer
Old 05-12-2013, 08:35 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menehune View Post
But, there are a lot of the old timers who remember the days that Momma knocked them on their butts for being disrespectfull to women and their elders.
And that she would in an instant. My late mother. A beautiful, well-educated and loving Mom had a Zero-Tolerance policy for that type of attitude/activity coming from us three boys. A swift kick in the ass was the minimum response that could be expected from dear Mom to us three boys if she detected that type of behavior. It must be said that Mom was mega-cool and us three brothers loved her dearly and miss Mom more than any of us ever realized was possible. Disrespecting/dehumanizing females/women was totally unacceptable growing up in her household.

Yet she was also so cool and could take down most young bucks in games of beer "quarter bounce" and was always there for all of our friends. No matter what the issue.

I love the form, beauty, orneriness, intelligence and mystery of a woman as much and probably more than the next guy.

However, I refuse to convert this admiration, attraction and unending curiousness about the fabulous 'fairer sex' to offensive, juvenile and rather crude remarks.

You ladies are just too damn fun and enjoyable when treated properly. And most of you don't really ask for much. But put up with one hell of a lot from "us guys."

I know that I sure as hell miss the female viewpoints that we used to have here. Sorry that you ladies have found the board to be so biased and or hostile to you.

Last edited by belpre122; 05-12-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Old 05-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Senior Board Member

If you want to drive then drive. The CB bs is easy to ignore by not turning it on unless you have to. Face to face I've never been disrespected by another driver, in fact most of them hold doors and offer to help with whatever I'm doing. I've always worked with men and for the most part they treat you the way you allow them to. If you act trashy they treat you that way, if you're self confident and respect yourself they respect you. It's a job and has good and bad like any other. I love it and wouldn't give it up because of a few jerks they're everywhere.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 05-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I agree. Most men will treat women with respect. There are exceptions, but I don't recall seeing any male drivers say anything out of line to a female driver. The exception is the occasioe treated as such.nal comments on the CB. But, that is why there is a volume you can turn down. Most of those who would say something on the CB would never have the courage to confront a woman face to face and say the same things. People are not as courteous as they were back in the 70's, but most still show respect. If you act like a lady, you are likely to be treated like one. Women have much more control over those types of situations than most realize.
Old 05-16-2013, 09:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Well put RebelDarlin ... ditto to what you said !

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 05-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

I miss the wit and wisdom of WildKat. BlooMoose's great insight. My sparring matches with Reb. Mommee and BigDiesel's love/hate relationship...............Vavega...............4r oses......and many many more. Certainly not forgetting dobry4u and my fav avatar!

THIS IS WHAT WE'RE LEFT WITH WHEN WE RUN THE LADIES OFF, GUYS!

From an old thread that I'm sure that many of "us" old timers (fondly?) remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post

............... Syncrosonix:toilet:, ...........................................Golfhobo:booze:................................... Belpre :nana:

Last edited by belpre122; 05-17-2013 at 08:59 PM.