User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 03:21 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

you such a expert experienced driver instigator you should know when your trailer is clear and safe to pull in i would of thought
Old 05-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Senior Board Member

Tell ya the truth I don't bother to look to see who's driving. The only time I flash someone in is when they have traffic behind them, bad weather, or a set of doubles. Seems a lot of drivers just cut over to close even on a 3 lane with no traffic
Old 05-05-2012, 01:38 PM
Senior Board Member

the in-house trucking schools teach the new kids not to flash drivers over, to always use the middle lane, and to pull out from the emergency lane directly onto the highway instead of building up some speed first.
Old 05-05-2012, 05:27 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredog View Post
the in-house trucking schools teach the new kids not to flash drivers over, to always use the middle lane, and to pull out from the emergency lane directly onto the highway instead of building up some speed first.
yeah and dont give away your intentions by using a turn signal either lol.

Anyway, as far as flashing goes, I dont know I've always thought it was a little over rated. I dont flash everybody. I work nights in a governed truck and I get passed all night long. I know when its safe to come over so should the other guy. If its heavy rain or snow or if he's being tailgated I'll flash but I dont do it everytime. Besides I dont tailgate so I dont want you coming over three feet in front of me anyway. On a side note our "official" company policy prohibits flashing any lights to assist another driver, probably because of the liabilty.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:09 PM

mitchno1 I guess it says it all about you in your name mitch, your number one, and Im guessing here a "Super Trucker, Master of All" you sir are a true professional. I know exactly where my trailer is at all times, I dont need a head light flash for any reason, its usually done just as a courtesy and thats all. My original question was just out of curiosity its that simple. Your infatuation with me is an unusual one I must admit. Why you seem to be so negative at every turn is questionable at best and your motives certainly unclear at this time. Maybe you have nothing better to do?

In response to your ever ending dis-belief in me I will tell you this, 17 years experience in this industry makes me a professional wether you care to believe that or not, I owned a trucking company for 8 years and yes I can prove it. You are sounding like a disgruntled under achiever in this industry and you think you are a know it all on all trucking issues. Best of luck to you super trucker, keep the rubber down and the shiny side up my friend. 10 - 4 ?
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 05-07-2012, 01:13 PM

Sorry mate, I looked at your profile and it explains everything, your not even an American Trucker! Bwahahahahahahaha! You know nothing about our culture here in the states and yet you have the nerve to make comments about us here! Laughable at best my friend. Keep stick hauling !
Just an old school trucker, these kids today don't know how good they have it! Power steering, a/c, air ride cabs and trailers, air ride seats! I did not have any of these things when I started driving.
Drive an old Mack, White or GMC then tell me how good a driver you are!issedoff: :bow::lol2: Don't even get me started on backing in to a dock!ops:

Instigator!~
Old 06-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Board Regular

I am female and I have always flashed other drivers, and always flash back when someone lets me in. Guess I was just brought up the "old school" way since my dad was an "old school" trucker. I also do things like back off to let an other driver over if I see that he is going to need to get over, regardless if they put their signal on or not, it is just common courteousy that isn't so common anymore. I still look out for other drivers on the road, there are not a lot out here anymore that do. These steering wheel holders that are on the roads nowdays just dont seem to give a crap about anyone. Many of them drive like they have tunnel vision, they don't have a clue about what's going on around them.

I noticed your signiture line, I started out driving an old GMC astro cabover, no air ride, or power steering, and have been backing up trucks since I was a teenager so I do know a little bit about driving a truck, just in case you wanted to put me down or something,
Old 06-01-2012, 04:52 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instigator View Post
Sorry mate, I looked at your profile and it explains everything, your not even an American Trucker! Bwahahahahahahaha! You know nothing about our culture here in the states and yet you have the nerve to make comments about us here! Laughable at best my friend. Keep stick hauling !
since when did you have to be a american to drive a truck plonker you obviously all bulls--t
Old 06-03-2012, 11:26 PM

Shawnee I would never put you down! Only the nay sayers who have no clue will ever get a negative response from me. I am glad that you flash your lights, I agree its a courtesy thing that many newbies dont do. I actually posted some pics of some of the rigs I have driven on my profile for the nay sayers like the one above my post. Its laughable at best that they think I am making this stuff up, If I was I would be writing books for a living!

Hey Mitchno1, you are correct, I have never hauled any BULLS ! Hahahahahahahaha but I do know bulls**t when I smell it!

Instigator!~
Old 06-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Senior Board Member

Perhaps they don't flash b/c they don't want the males to get the wrong idea, coz men are,well, men....lol, j/k...:P

Really tho, schools are discouraging the practice
Closed Thread