Ummm..... last time I checked... all women were female... :lol2:
Old 06-02-2010, 07:23 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cortez-The-Killer View Post
Well i have not been hiding I have just been tied down in a very bad marriage to a man who liked to control my moves at all times. Thanks to some very strong friends and his dumb moves
I was able to get a divorce after more then 20 years of living in a nighmare. Now that I am free and able to see the outside world I am going to live a little.

Jewels
I've never understood why any man felt compelled to try and control his significant other, whether that's gf or wife. What real value is it to someone to force another person to be with them or act in the "acceptable" way? If someone wants to be with you and give you respect and consideration always, of their own volition, then you have something REAL that has true value. Anything less cheats both parties. Why not simply find someone that is more to your own tastes than try and force someone to fit the mold you've made for them and make both of you unhappy?

Good for you, Jewels, for finally freeing yourself from the unnecessary shackles.:thumbsup:
Old 06-02-2010, 11:50 PM
BANNED
Rookie

well in all honesty it is my ex who is in the shackles now.. He got caught transporting illegal substances across the state line and is now serving 20 years in Canyon City. I took this opportunity to ran as fast as I could.
I met my ex in 9th grade and we got married shortly after high school. beleive it or not it was pretty much arranged by him and my father and i just did what I thought was expected of me being the oldest of 3 girls and not having a mother around to help guide me. We were raised on the southern Ute Reservation in Southwest Colorado and my father believed in tradtion as long as it fit into his needs, haveing another male to work to farm with him fit his needs and the rest is history. My ex was a hard working drunk and lived day by day. In 06 when my father passed away he allowed me to drive our farm tractor to help during harvest time. I loved the time behind the wheel as it gave me abreak from his verbally abusive manner. After his arrest last year and with the help of many local friends I got the nerve to get a divorce got my CDL and took ownership of his 07 freightliner, and now I am hauling whatever I can get my hands on, right now I pull a 45' refridgerator taking mostly produce to area distributors, but am open to anything that pays well. One neighbor is talking about buying bulls and doing the rodeo circuit? and If I can convince this local contractor that I can handler the job being that I am only a 5'1": 105 lb woman he may let me pull his excavation equiptment to new job sites.
Time will tell.
Thanks for the kind words Asphaltvoyager.

Jewels
Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsphaltVoyager View Post
Ummm..... last time I checked... all women were female... :lol2:

what about Janet Reno?:lol::lol:
Old 06-03-2010, 03:08 AM
Rookie

well koodos for you getting out of that bad relationship
Old 06-03-2010, 03:50 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
well in all honesty it is my ex who is in the shackles now.. He got caught transporting illegal substances across the state line and is now serving 20 years in Canyon City. I took this opportunity to ran as fast as I could.
I met my ex in 9th grade and we got married shortly after high school. beleive it or not it was pretty much arranged by him and my father and i just did what I thought was expected of me being the oldest of 3 girls and not having a mother around to help guide me. We were raised on the southern Ute Reservation in Southwest Colorado and my father believed in tradtion as long as it fit into his needs, haveing another male to work to farm with him fit his needs and the rest is history. My ex was a hard working drunk and lived day by day. In 06 when my father passed away he allowed me to drive our farm tractor to help during harvest time. I loved the time behind the wheel as it gave me abreak from his verbally abusive manner. After his arrest last year and with the help of many local friends I got the nerve to get a divorce got my CDL and took ownership of his 07 freightliner, and now I am hauling whatever I can get my hands on, right now I pull a 45' refridgerator taking mostly produce to area distributors, but am open to anything that pays well. One neighbor is talking about buying bulls and doing the rodeo circuit? and If I can convince this local contractor that I can handler the job being that I am only a 5'1": 105 lb woman he may let me pull his excavation equiptment to new job sites.
Time will tell.
Thanks for the kind words Asphaltvoyager.

Jewels
Glad to hear you got out of that. The fact that he was transporting across state lines, suggests that he should have been the one on the receiving end of that abusive language.

Your size doesn't make that big a difference. Back when I was pulling a flatbed, my wife (5' 00", and 112) found out that she could pull on the straps and chains and get them just as tight as I could. The biggest problem she had was opening the hood for her pretrip, until she found that her "happy little hooker" for pulling the fifth-wheel gave her the leverage to pull the hood as well. The only real problem she had was not being able to see over the dash to drive a T-2000. But, she drove long-nose Petes, KWs, and several models of Freightliners, including a cabover and a Classic.

"You" are about the only thing that can really hold you back. And, it doesn't sound like you are going to allow "you" to do that. Good for you, and good luck.

Get up into MI, give Roadhog a shout. His bark is worse than his bite.

Old 06-03-2010, 09:29 PM
BANNED
Rookie

Windwalker, I use the 5th wheel hook to open my hood too, as you said it is all in the leverage. however when it comes to pulling a lowboy and using straps i keep having this memory of Lisa in ice road truckers last year and the strap snapping back as the mount broke that would really make for a bad day and lots of un-needed pain, so I really have to think hard on that one. The first week of July will mark my first year of being on my own and it is getting better each and everyday.

Jewels
Old 06-04-2010, 12:32 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Windwalker, I use the 5th wheel hook to open my hood too, as you said it is all in the leverage. however when it comes to pulling a lowboy and using straps i keep having this memory of Lisa in ice road truckers last year and the strap snapping back as the mount broke that would really make for a bad day and lots of un-needed pain, so I really have to think hard on that one. The first week of July will mark my first year of being on my own and it is getting better each and everyday.

Jewels
I didn't see that episode. I know my wife broke a couple of rubber straps (bungees) and landed on her butt. I pretty much got out of flatbed after the "new securement" rules. In doing what they wanted, I had the hook from a 4" strap come loose while I was winching it down. Up over the load, and down on top of my head. After I picked myself off the ground, I gave him a healthy verbal assault and followed him into the scale house, then realized I still had my cheater bar in my hand. He didn't say one word, but did hand me a roll of paper towels and point me to the bathroom. I looked like Jack the Ripper with all the blood running down.

But, if you're hauling equipment, you'll most like be using chains more than straps. Never had a problem with that. The point was, you can do that, if you want. You are the only thing that can really stop you.

Old 06-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Board Icon

Cortez-The-Killer,
One blessing in life is we change over the course of the years, and we can still live a new life.

Here is a cover you might like.

[YOUTUBE] <object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/paeNnR33i5Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/paeNnR33i5Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object> [/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by Roadhog; 06-04-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 07:51 PM
BANNED
Rookie

Roadhog,
her voice is amazing, Thank you for that.... It made me do some searching of my own and I came across a version done by govt mule that was pretty awesome to. which lead me to a song they do called Beautifuly Broken that is now my new theme song for the time being.
I think Natalie Merchant could do a great cover of Cortez as well but my heart still loves Neil's version the best as it takes me back to coming of age on the reservation..

Thank you for your kind words.

Jewels