User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2009, 02:49 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Alrighty then...You know Iron_Eagle, it is a sad fact of life that most of us out live our parents so at some point we have to deal with losing them. Be grateful for the time you have left with them. My Mom died in a car accident 3 days before Christmas, they cremated her on Christmas Day. No one had a chance to say good-bye to her, she was just gone.

That being said, this should have been posted in the family support forum, not as a hi-jack to this thread. Rev, can you please move IronEagles latest family crisis to the appropriate forum?

Back on topic...

Rev, no one else stated quite so emphatically that there were wrong answers to this. As you can see from reading some of the posts, what is considered romantic can be very different.

Glad to see Slim & Cluggy back and giving thoughtful responses.. And Slim I apologize for keeping Hobo so busy that you think he's ignoring you.

That some should be rich, shows that others may become rich, and, hence, is just encouragement to industry and enterprise.
Abraham Lincoln

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." -Abraham Lincoln
Old 04-19-2009, 03:12 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelDarlin View Post

That being said, this should have been posted in the family support forum, not as a hi-jack to this thread. Rev, can you please move IronEagles latest family crisis to the appropriate forum?
No. In your original post, you asked what men consider romantic. IronEagle told a story of something that recently happened to him, in which his wife did something he considered romantic. It is most certainly on topic.

Quote:
Back on topic...

Rev, no one else stated quite so emphatically that there were wrong answers to this. As you can see from reading some of the posts, what is considered romantic can be very different.

Glad to see Slim & Cluggy back and giving thoughtful responses.. And Slim I apologize for keeping Hobo so busy that you think he's ignoring you.
This, however, is most certainly not on topic. Should I remove it? :rofl:
Old 04-19-2009, 03:45 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Talking

Quote:

Back on topic...
Yes, well back on topic. Reb, I think that there is a coolie carrier driver out there for you somewheres. (sic) First, you must obtain a Class A CDL of your own, lose the pretentiousness and...........be nice. For starters......

I'll be sure to chime in with further guidance as I see fit. You're welcome sugar!
:moon:

Old 04-19-2009, 03:48 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Angry

Quote:
Rebel Darlin-----------sensitive female defined. No wonder you've run 'em all off! You don't need Rev and Hobo loverboys to explain this to you. Just walk up to the mirror!

Old 04-19-2009, 04:46 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan View Post
Did you get him from someone?
Steven S. from Bayshore.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Board Icon

Rev.Vassago said:

Quote:
I figured that a thread which required people to give their opinion on a hypothetical question wouldn't need "in my opinion" before every sentence.
It was NOT a "hypothetical" question. It was (as stated in the title) a "serious" question. And NO ONE was required (or felt the need) to preface their responses with IMHO.

Quote:
But I notice that you haven't chastised anyone else in this thread for giving their opinions without stating beforehand that it was an opinion - just me.:roll:
NO ONE ELSE.... but you.... ARGUED with another's opinion, or said there WERE "wrong" answers. I purposely waited several days and about 2 pages before entering the discussion. But, as soon as I DID, you chose to take the focus OFF the original question, and argue with ME about MY opinion on the matter.

Not that I would shrink from a "discussion" with you about what is romantic, but it was NOT "our" thread. Personally.... I found YOUR first post as pathetic and unimaginative... but, I didn't SAY so! But, there was NO mistaking the fact that you attacked MY first post as being an example of a "needy" or "insecure" individual.... and THAT based on a misinterpretation of what I was talking about.

What I referred to has been replicated in some form in at LEAST 3 other's opinions! But, I DOUBT you could SEE that. :roll: I'm not sure that THEY even realized the similarities of our thoughts. The hand on Slim's chest is akin to the smile I mentioned upon waking. This thread was about what a MAN thinks is romantic.

Reb can't SHOW you an example of "invalidating" MY (or others') opinions, because you don't HAVE that power! What she showed you was your incessant need to DISCOUNT (or argue with) another's opinion... as if YOURS was the only "correct" one. [or more precisely, that MINE had to be somewhat invalid or infirm.]

Even IronEagle's FIRST post about his wife taking some stress off of him was HIS idea of romance. No one (not even REB) argued that point. And in YOUR defense, you said BTW.... I hope your parents are okay (paraphrased.)

Does ANYONE really understand what "by the way" means? It means, OFF TOPIC... OFF the "way" .... and AS A BESIDE NOTE....and then whatever you want to say. It is meant NOT to "hijack" a thread! IronEagle took that as an opportunity to discuss the most PERSONAL and depressing aspects of his PERSONAL life and others joined in. That most certainly SHOULD have been moved to the "family support" forum! It had NOTHING to do with romance.... and was a BUZZKILLER on a thread ABOUT "romance." [We "invade" the WOMEN IN TRUCKING forum often enough!]

And NOW.... in an effort to defend REB, and to a lesser degree, myself... I have now continued the "hijacking" of this thread, and that gives me NO comfort!

I will be surprised if THIS post doesn't "disappear" the way my "no such thing as east of the 80th parallel" one did! I guess when something gets "off topic" you just DELETE it! :hellno:

Unless, of course, it is YOU who goes off topic! :thumbsdown:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:42 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Does ANYONE really understand what "by the way" means? It means, OFF TOPIC... OFF the "way" .... and AS A BESIDE NOTE....and then whatever you want to say. It is meant NOT to "hijack" a thread! IronEagle took that as an opportunity to discuss the most PERSONAL and depressing aspects of his PERSONAL life and others joined in. That most certainly SHOULD have been moved to the "family support" forum! It had NOTHING to do with romance.... and was a BUZZKILLER on a thread ABOUT "romance." [We "invade" the WOMEN IN TRUCKING forum often enough!]
It isn't your call. You are not a moderator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo
I will be surprised if THIS post doesn't "disappear" the way my "no such thing as east of the 80th parallel" one did! I guess when something gets "off topic" you just DELETE it! :hellno:
I have no idea what post of yours got deleted. I rarely delete posts, and don't even recall seeing the post you are referring to. The last I checked, there were at least five moderators on this board (not counting site owners) who have the power to delete posts.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:00 AM
Board Icon

Rev.Vassago said:

Quote:
It isn't your call. You are not a moderator.
HaHa! Y'all couldn't PAY me enough to be a moderator on this board! But, I have a mind like a steel trap. I KNOW you have moved such posts to other forums before... and you DIDN'T move THIS one! I really don't care!

No... it WASN'T my "call." It was my OPINION! (AFTER the opinon of the O.P. who ASKED/Suggested that it be moved...Did you tell HER that she was not a mod?)

I've heard SEVERAL posters say that a post/thread should be moved. I've seen your response... DONE! I KNOW the "unwarranted" powers you have! I guess I waa surprised by your "selectivity."

Quote:
I have no idea what post of yours got deleted. I rarely delete posts, and don't even recall seeing the post you are referring to. The last I checked, there were at least five moderators on this board (not counting site owners) who have the power to delete posts.

HeeHaw! ROFLMAO! Thanks, Rev! I needed a good laugh! You've deleted more "posts" than Bush has deleted critical emails! Nixon bows down to you!

But, again.... this is NOT ON TOPIC. If you'd like to have a discussion about moderating, or missing posts, I suggest we take it elsewhere. I'm starting to feel guilty about YOUR need to hijack Reb's thread!

FYI.... I was talking about Kevin's thread about "the correct way." Toward the end of the thread, it strayed into some comment about "people east of the 80th parallell being stupid or such." Several posts followed. I made a simple post that there was NO SUCH THING as EAST of the 80th parallel.

MY POST.... and about a day's worth before it.... got deleted. I thought it had to do with the "maintenance," but I couldn't rationalize that as it took place a day or more AFTER the PST maintenance time.

There are NOT 5 moderators "active" on this board. There is YOU and Gman. I don't think GMAN would have deleted my post. I'm absolutely sure that I saw it appear ON THE BOARD. Then, I couldn't even find it in my "posts by hobo" on my own page.

You know.... we "mortals" can't even delete our OWN posts without typing something like the word "deleted" into the space. .....and must do so within a short period of time. But, YOU can make them disappear without even so much as a **** you or an explanation.

Dammit! I'm sorry, REB! I DID say I wanted to MOVE this discussion! I'm sorry for hijacking your thread even FURTHER than it already was!

If you REALLY want to know how to "romance" a man, meet me halfway some time, and I'll show you what it takes!

I KNOW you aren't interested in Belpre. An Indiana redneck has no standing with a classy lady like you! But, I got my EYE on Jumbo! That driver kinda "gets it." :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:41 AM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
No... it WASN'T my "call." It was my OPINION! (AFTER the opinon of the O.P. who ASKED/Suggested that it be moved...Did you tell HER that she was not a mod?)

I've heard SEVERAL posters say that a post/thread should be moved. I've seen your response... DONE! I KNOW the "unwarranted" powers you have! I guess I waa surprised by your "selectivity."
If someone asks that their own thread/post be moved/deleted/locked, we will do it as a courtesy to the poster who created the content. If someone asks that someone else's thread/post be moved, then it is up to the mods to decide if it is warranted. In this case, I felt that it wasn't, as the original reason the subject got brought up was in relation to the original topic. The fact that the thread took a different direction than what the OP would have liked is secondary.

Quote:
FYI.... I was talking about Kevin's thread about "the correct way." Toward the end of the thread, it strayed into some comment about "people east of the 80th parallell being stupid or such." Several posts followed. I made a simple post that there was NO SUCH THING as EAST of the 80th parallel.

MY POST.... and about a day's worth before it.... got deleted. I thought it had to do with the "maintenance," but I couldn't rationalize that as it took place a day or more AFTER the PST maintenance time.
I can assure you that I didn't delete them. I'm not even aware of the posts that you are referring to.

Quote:
There are NOT 5 moderators "active" on this board. There is YOU and Gman.
You would be wrong.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Rev is right about the mods, there are a few that login invisible, and there is a way to tell when they last logged in too even if they did it invisible but I am not going to share that information.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Closed Thread