Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Women in Trucking (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking-17/)
-   -   A Serious Question ( about men) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/women-trucking/37575-serious-question-about-men.html)

RebelDarlin 04-05-2009 04:44 PM

A Serious Question ( about men)

I am really bad at this kind of stuff (obviously why I'm still single at 50)! http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d...leys/Blush.gif What do men consider 'romantic'? I don't mean sexy, I can figure that part out, :lol: but what is romantic to a man. Or do they even want, or need, romance? :confused:

Jumbo 04-05-2009 05:00 PM

Do guys need or want romance? You ever figure that out write a book and you wont ever have to work again. Things I consider romantic:

1) A candle light dinner at home with soft music in the background.
2) A note in my lunchbox.
3) Call me at work just to say you are thinking about me.
4) Rub my back.
5) If you hate scary movies just curl up on the couch and watch one with me, I promise I will protect you.
6) Slow dance with me in the livingroom.

Is this any insight?

RebelDarlin 04-05-2009 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 445246)
Do guys need or want romance? You ever figure that out write a book and you wont ever have to work again. Things I consider romantic:

4) Rub my back.
5) If you hate scary movies just curl up on the couch and watch one with me, I promise I will protect you.

Is this any insight?

Those are great insights! Thank you!!!!

dobry4u 04-05-2009 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 445246)

4) Rub my back.

Is this any insight?

How about:

making your favorite diner just because?
letting you win at bowling?
asking you how your day was and really be interested?

:)

Jumbo 04-05-2009 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 445252)
How about:

Oh I'm sorry were you talking to me?

RebelDarlin 04-05-2009 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 445252)
How about:

I do things like that ( including making his favorite brownies) but I'm told that they are more practical, than romantic. Hence my issue: I think that men and women have very different ideas on what is romantic. To me it's the little things that show you care about someone. And I was told specifically that letting him win at bowling or miniature golf was condescending. Maybe I shouldn't tell him that I let him win. :p

Jumbo 04-05-2009 06:14 PM

Was it Tanya Tucker who had the song "Little Things" I think Kenny Rogers had one titled the same.

mommee 04-05-2009 08:51 PM

i agree that it is the little things most of the time. he may not realize it, but when you stop he will notice. then he will ask - why don't you bake me brownies anymore?

Flatbed 04-05-2009 09:39 PM

Throughout known history men have been expected to be the ones to create the romance in a relationship. If man fails to keep the romance wagon rolling, he loses the ultimate prize.

Men don't expect to be romanced, and may not even notice if they are romanced.

Favorite dinner? Nice, I was hungry and I like this stuff.
Watching a movie you don't like with me? Huh, she must really be bored, I'd better hide the remote for awhile.
Backrub? Wohooo, I'm gonna get some!

A note in the lunchbox or an unexptected call or text, yeah, those are good and will even be seen as romantic. Don't expect many guys to want or even notice much deeper romance then things like that though.

RebelDarlin 04-05-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flatbed (Post 445304)
Throughout known history men have been expected to be the ones to create the romance in a relationship. If man fails to keep the romance wagon rolling, he loses the ultimate prize.

Men don't expect to be romanced, and may not even notice if they are romanced.

Favorite dinner? Nice, I was hungry and I like this stuff.
Watching a movie you don't like with me? Huh, she must really be bored, I'd better hide the remote for awhile.
Backrub? Wohooo, I'm gonna get some!

A note in the lunchbox or an unexptected call or text, yeah, those are good and will even be seen as romantic. Don't expect many guys to want or even notice much deeper romance then things like that though.

Shouldn't it be a 2 way street? If men don't expect, or notice, being romanced, what is it that they want? And why do I keep hearing that I don't have a romantic bone in my body?