User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Passed my test (finally) waiting for a trainer

I haven't posted on this site for months now. But I FINALLY passed my Indiana CDL. It took me eight tries, but I did it.

However, here is what I'm dealing with now. The trucking company that hired me said if I wanted a female trainer, it wouldn't be a problem, but to let them know a few weeks before I started. I called a month before I started and let them know I wanted a female trainer.

I stayed in the hotel waiting for two weeks for a female trainer. I did finally get one, but she told me I should douche once a month, and the next day she recommended I wear baggy clothes. She also mentioned that when I got out of the truck, I was "mooning" everybody. I think my shorts were fairly modest (it was 90 degrees) and I couldn't see any butt cheeks or underwear peeping out.

She hooked up with another driver at the hotel, and wound up partying with her (I was under the impression any of the drivers/students at the hotel were not allowed to drink) and sleeping in her room. I was a bit offended at the way they were carrying on earlier in the day, lots of poking and stroking and tickling.

Anyway, the company had the hotel do roomchecks every morning, and when the front desk lady came by, she asked if my roommate was there. I said no, and when she asked if her stuff was there, I said, "no, and that's all I'm going to say."

I've also heard from other drivers/students horror stories about trainers, and maybe a couple students who had good experiences. I guess what I would like to know is how long should I wait for a female trainer? I figured I'd be safer with a woman, but I wasn't expecting a very out lesbian. What scared me was that she seemed very straitlaced and professional when we first met. It was obvious the next day she really wanted to be with this other driver, and was being rather brusque with me. So I came home. Apparently I have to go back and stay at the hotel or else the company won't get a trainer for me.

I guess what I want to know, is this normal? A couple people (one of whom is in the industry) said it didn't sound right; not only waiting for a couple weeks, but the trainer telling me to douche once a month. The person who is in the industry recommended another company, as he's seen drivers from my company, and they don't seem very happy.

Any suggestions?
Old 10-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Senior Board Member

You didn't say who you were working for ????? .... If you have to wait more than a couple of days ... get on the phone and find another company. .... call CFI ... they have a good training program and the male trainers are respectful ... :wink:

Watch your 'Thoughts,' they become words. Watch your 'Words,' they become
actions. Watch your 'Actions,' they become habits. Watch your 'Habits,' they
become character. Watch your 'Character,' for it becomes your Destiny.'
Old 10-11-2007, 10:54 AM
Rookie

contact me privately I can help you.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by philobedo
contact me privately I can help you.

Me too. I can get you in touch with CFI people who will treat you way better than that. We have an excellent tng program and I think you'll find it pays well for the tng period.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:28 PM

douching once a month? from what I have read its not healthy to ever do this...your bodies natural bacteria is there for a reason...and what biz is it of hers? I hope you get a decent trainer soon! :?
Old 10-16-2007, 03:21 AM

Hey Everyone!!!

Thanks for the suggestions. Actually, I HAVE contacted CFI, but they said since I've been out of school for so long (I graduated in January, and it's a long story as to why I graduated so long ago, and why I just got my CDL in July; all of it legal) and CFI said that I would have to take a refresher course. This is my last resort, as getting through trucking school twice, and hammering away at the CDL test until I passed has cost me so much money that I'm about at the end of my rope financially. Right now I am living off my credit cards and I am ashamed of this. But I was hell bent on getting a new career, and I did it. I'm about bankrupt, but I did it.

I am scheduled to go back and wait for a trainer Thursday. My first roommate had a horrible first trainer (she said the trainer came to complete stops on exit ramps because she didn't know how to downshift, plus they had four loads taken off them because they were lost) but her second trainer is really good. She says she's like a drill sergeant, but they seem to get along, and her trainer actually called me to tell me not to give up. They hadn't heard from me in a few days and were really worried about me. I think that was nice of her to do that, even though she doesn't know me.

I called work today about something unrelated to training, and apparently they have this particular trainer lined up for me, but on the downside, she won't be finished with my first roommate for quite some time. Or at least, that's what I understand so far. This whole mess has been full of surprises and disappointments.

As for your questions/suggestions:

I'm working for Werner

I don't know why I should douche; I've never done that before in my life, and if I don't plan to fool around on the road (I have a nice man in my life right now, and he is the ONLY man I plan to have, as long as we are together) I thought it was none of her business to tell me when to douche and to dress like a guy.

Philbedo, I tried to send you a private message, but the administrator wouldn't let me for some reason. I've sent PM's in the past with no problems, so I don't know what's going on.

So that's as it stands right now. I'm very tempted though, to go back and get through the refresher course somehow, so I can have more opportunities.

Thanks for all of your suggestions and support! I've put so much into this, I can't give up. I look forward to joining you all out on the road!
Old 10-16-2007, 03:49 AM
Senior Board Member

so let me understand this .... your trying to work for Werner ? :roll: ... if that's the case, I've heard some 'not so good' storys about their female trainers ... have you checked with Schneider ????? ... I understand they have a fairly good training program. .... if you seat around and wait on a company like your doing .... it will only be Your lose - not theirs. Isn't everyone suppose to put their best foot forward ... first :idea: ... if this is how their going to treat you ... why would you want to work for them .... this doesn't quite make sence to me :?

Old 10-22-2007, 12:10 AM

Hey Four4roses!!!

Yup, you are right. It's Sunday night and I'm back in Indy waiting for a trainer. I really wasn't thrilled about coming back down here. I guess I can give it a little more time, but if I don't get a trainer soon, I guess I will do that refresher course. I am not one to give up easily, and yes, I've heard some "not so good" things about Werner...but isn't that the way with a lot of companies??? I've had more than one person suggest Schneider. I'd be okay with this, except they don't have a pet policy and I want my dog to come with me. I've looked into CFI, and I talked to them, but they said I'd need a refresher course. So this is something to think about, as I'm not learning anything here in this hotel room!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:14 AM

sorry, of course I meant for4roses! Please accept my apology!
Old 10-22-2007, 12:39 AM
Senior Board Member

:lol: .... your kool lady driver .... you can just call me ... 4roses ~or~ roses 8) .... stay on top of the company and don't put up with their 'bull' .... in the mean time have you checked out somewhere to get that refresher course ? .... it doesn't cost anything to make a few phone calls :wink: