User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 02:34 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad to be of help Bro.

...never let it be said we here at CAD
...don't know how to beat a dead horse. :?
Old 05-16-2007, 02:44 AM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog
:lol: :lol: :lol: Glad to be of help Bro.

...never let it be said we here at CAD
...don't know how to beat a dead horse. :?

LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 05-16-2007, 03:29 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhog

I believe a good relationship...ie. family structure, is like a small Democratic government. You have a President and a Vice-President who lead the Administration. Both are strong leaders, but one serves at the pleasure of the other, yet fully capable to assume the leadership role, if required.
:lol: This was funny, since the only way the "Vice President", gets any power is when the President is either impeached, assasinated, or drops dead... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

I suppose that's why woman out live men.... :lol: :wink: 8)
Old 05-16-2007, 04:09 AM
Board Regular

RedRaven,

I think you've been traumatized by something in the past, or you've just been alone for so long that it makes you this way.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam9315
RedRaven,

I think you've been traumatized by something in the past, or you've just been alone for so long that it makes you this way.

I know I'll probably regret this, but.... :roll:

What do you mean by "this way"?.... :?

What's the matter with having a sarcastic sense of humor? :? :roll: :lol:
Old 05-16-2007, 04:23 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
RedRaven,

really! 44 and never been married with no children, would seem to send up a red flag. Means you aren't a nester.

Picky, setting the bar high, or not wanting to settle, are other words for the person you are looking for is more fantasy then reality. What guy is willing to go through all of that? there are too many women out there. You say you are patient, but before you know it, you'll be 64 and still waiting.. :? :shock:
Old 05-16-2007, 05:35 AM
Board Regular

I have a couple of female friends in their late 40s that are still single. One of them is SUPER hot. :lol: WHY she is still single is a mystery. Being too picky is one thing but having good standards is another. RR seems to be just setting good standards for the man she is looking. I didn't read anywhere in her posts where she said she is looking for a Barf Pitt or Tom Cruise lookalike. :lol: She is simply looking for a man with a stable history and has never used drugs or had a problem with booze. I can't say that I blame her. In today's times with internet access and multidating sites it shouldn't be difficult to find the right guy. They are out there if you look in the right place. The question is have you been looking?
Old 05-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:
RedRaven,

really! 44 and never been married with no children, would seem to send up a red flag. Means you aren't a nester.

Picky, setting the bar high, or not wanting to settle, are other words for the person you are looking for is more fantasy then reality. What guy is willing to go through all of that? there are too many women out there. You say you are patient, but before you know it, you'll be 64 and still waiting.. :? :shock:
Iv'e already explained my position, you should try reading it again... :wink:

Never married without kids, means I wasn't interested in marrying a loser, or being an irresponsible woman. :roll:

Also, I would add that there isn't a ligitimate reason to have children anymore, anyway. People used to have children to help work the family farm. Well, the family farm has been, and still is, quickly disappearing.

Our world is over populated as it is, and with Global Warming, the more people who inhabit this planet the worse it will be for all of us, now, and in the future.

Would you want to have children knowing that there will be famine in the future, wars over resources, loss of natural habitat, extinction of animal species vital to our very existence?...

It was just on the national news that Honey Bees are disappearing, possibly due to increased temperatures (Global Warming). What does that mean? That fewer Honey Bees means that crops won't be pollinated, leading to loss of food crops.

Nevermind the fact that all plant life that depend on pollination will be affected, and start to disappear, flowers, trees, etc...

You will then see more famine, higher food prices. Our country thinks turning to bio diesel fuel is a good idea. But, then you will see the negative side of that with increased food prices, higher feed costs for livestock farmers. Leading to people simply not being able to afford to buy groceries.

Unless we actually consider reducing the human population around the world, life will only get harder, and become more intollerable for those who will have to live in it's future. :sad:

Are you waiting for the day that the US has to put in place the same law they have in China? Where they restrict people's ability to have children, by telling them they can have only one child...

I'm sure many of you had mom's who said to you when you were a kid, and you made a mess of your bedroom, to pick up your toys, make your bed, and clean up your room.

Yet now, as adults we (the human species), have made a mess of our planet, and selfishly continue to reproduce. There isn't a ligitimate reason to have kids, and I've always been a practical person.

In the old days your kids would take care of you in your old age. That tradition is gone. Now, your lucky if your kids don't put you in the first nursing home they can find... :roll: :lol:

The high cost of living, and the economy, they simply can't afford to keep elder family members that may have expensive health needs with them in their own homes. Then placing the burden on the government to house their elderly family members.

This country just isn't run to deal with the social needs of it's own people. You work all your life, buy a home, only to retire to poverty for the most part. Because your property taxes, and the cost of living continue to rise, yet you end up on a fixed income, that can't keep up with inflation.

Unless you were fortunate enough to become a millionaire... :lol:

So, you end up having to sell your home in the end, and hope you can find an affordable place to live out the rest of your twilight years. Unless you invested right, and don't come down with a catastrophic illness, that wipes out your savings.

Life isn't easy, and this country makes it more, and more difficult each day. Why bring more children into the world, into this country, when they won't even be able to afford the college education they will need to just survive in this "Global Economy".

One more thing to consider. Even if our country could produce all electric cars, and trucks tomorrow. Then you would see your electric bills sky rocket. Your cost to heat, air condition, and light your home will become outrageous. More coal would have to be mined, increasing pollution. Or more Nuke plants would have to be built, and that would be a disaster considering 3 mile island. Or, unsightly "Wind" farms, that ruin natural scenery, possibly interfere with, or kill migrating birds. Maybe more research into the use of Solar, maybe a possibility. But, until there are better solutions for a brighter future, I see no reason to bring more children into this world.

I'm a realist, and a practical person. I don't deal with fantasy, I'll leave that up to those who like to put their head in the sand, and live in denial... :lol: :roll:
Old 05-16-2007, 06:28 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnk2001
Quote:
RedRaven,

Iv'e already explained my position, you should try reading it again... :wink:

Never married without kids, means I wasn't interested in marrying a loser, or being an irresponsible woman. :roll:

Also, I would add that there isn't a ligitimate reason to have children anymore, anyway. People used to have children to help work the family farm. Well, the family farm has been, and still is, quickly disappearing.

Our world is over populated as it is, and with Global Warming, the more people who inhabit this planet the worse it will be for all of us, now, and in the future.

Would you want to have children knowing that there will be famine in the future, wars over resources, loss of natural habitat, extinction of animal species vital to our very existence?...

It was just on the national news that Honey Bees are disappearing, possibly due to increased temperatures (Global Warming). What does that mean? That fewer Honey Bees means that crops won't be pollinated, leading to loss of food crops.

Nevermind the fact that all plant life that depend on pollination will be affected, and start to disappear, flowers, trees, etc...

You will then see more famine, higher food prices. Our country thinks turning to bio diesel fuel is a good idea. But, then you will see the negative side of that with increased food prices, higher feed costs for livestock farmers. Leading to people simply not being able to afford to buy groceries.

Unless we actually consider reducing the human population around the world, life will only get harder, and become more intollerable for those who will have to live in it's future. :sad:

Are you waiting for the day that the US has to put in place the same law they have in China? Where they restrict people's ability to have children, by telling them they can have only one child...

I'm sure many of you had mom's who said to you when you were a kid, and you made a mess of your bedroom, to pick up your toys, make your bed, and clean up your room.

Yet now, as adults we (the human species), have made a mess of our planet, and selfishly continue to reproduce. There isn't a ligitimate reason to have kids, and I've always been a practical person.

In the old days your kids would take care of you in your old age. That tradition is gone. Now, your lucky if your kids don't put you in the first nursing home they can find... :roll: :lol:

The high cost of living, and the economy, they simply can't afford to keep elder family members that may have expensive health needs with them in their own homes. Then placing the burden on the government to house their elderly family members.

This country just isn't run to deal with the social needs of it's own people. You work all your life, buy a home, only to retire to poverty for the most part. Because your property taxes, and the cost of living continue to rise, yet you end up on a fixed income, that can't keep up with inflation.

Unless you were fortunate enough to become a millionaire... :lol:

So, you end up having to sell your home in the end, and hope you can find an affordable place to live out the rest of your twilight years. Unless you invested right, and don't come down with a catastrophic illness, that wipes out your savings.

Life isn't easy, and this country makes it more, and more difficult each day. Why bring more children into the world, into this country, when they won't even be able to afford the college education they will need to just survive in this "Global Economy".

One more thing to consider. Even if our country could produce all electric cars, and trucks tomorrow. Then you would see your electric bills sky rocket. Your cost to heat, air condition, and light your home will become outrageous. More coal would have to be mined, increasing pollution. Or more Nuke plants would have to be built, and that would be a disaster considering 3 mile island. Or, unsightly "Wind" farms, that ruin natural scenery, possibly interfere with, or kill migrating birds. Maybe more research into the use of Solar, maybe a possibility. But, until there are better solutions for a brighter future, I see no reason to bring more children into this world.

I'm a realist, and a practical person. I don't deal with fantasy, I'll leave that up to those who like to put their head in the sand, and live in denial... :lol: :roll:
Wow! now I understand....Life is just way too short for all of this negativety.

Maybe you should realize all the things you take for granted, like good food and good health were born from things you don't agree with. you can what if all you want, but unless you are willing to go back to the horse & buggy, paddle & canoe, small pox epidemics, and everything associated with the good ol days, then you'll continue to keep looking for what isn't real but fantasy... :lol: :roll:
Old 05-16-2007, 07:11 AM
Senior Board Member

I really wasn't trying to be negative, although I suppose you could interpret it that way. I was being honest, and informative. I see what is happening around the world, I see what is splashed across the news everyday.

People are so smart, that they will develop themselves right out of existence.

Ask yourself this question... Do you really need an "I-POD"? Do you really need a cell phone? For that matter do you really need a computer?.... :lol:

Considering all the down sides to these technologies, have they really made our lives better? I know many people who would love to throw their computers right out the window... :lol:

We're all living in an Orwellian world now. Everyone able to spy on one another with the latest gadget. So much for your privacy, and personal freedom.

It bothers me when I've taken my dogs for a walk on a public ocean beach, and see a lot of men around using camera's. It makes me uncomfortable knowing they maybe photographing me, without my permission. I'm not interested in being pasted across someone's internet website.

While I'm grateful for the basic needs of life, that have improved. I'm not "WHAT IF-ING"... What I stated are facts look them up yourself. I've seen the news reports, they're not lying to us.

I've seen the results of high food cost in the grocery store myself, the price of food has sky rocketted. The price of meats especially.

Although I think that possibly one solution for that would be to have more locally grown food livestock produced. But, there is the problem. In my area all the agriculture has been forced out by the high cost of living, and for development, leaving us forced to import from out of state, or out of the country, a lot of our food, thus raising the cost of basic foods.

Remember that Bio diesel idea. The cost of corn has already gone up, just watch the farm reports. You will pay more for that gallon of milk, cheese, ice cream, chocolate, and any other food product that requires dairy in it, along with meats, your spare ribs, steak tips, etc...

Chicken used to be the lowest priced meat you could buy, with feed costs rising, that will disappear as well.

You won't want to go vegetarian either, because your veggies will cost more as well, at least your corn will... :lol:

In a way it is sadly ironic that the creation of bio diesel to supposedly economically reduce the costs of fuel, especially for OTR trucks, will only lead to the adverse affect of actually raising the cost of the products, foods, etc., that are shipped in those trucks. So, where is the savings?

Maybe that's why having a man around might be a good idea. Considering all the things going wrong with the world, it would be nice to have someone around to simply take your mind off it all... :wink: