User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Go talk to the school you want to attend. There are people there to help students figure out how to pay for the training. Use the resources available.

Soladad
Old 12-07-2006, 04:01 AM
Board Regular

yes its company sponsored training, but they are a not one of the huge companies you hear neg. crap about everyday.....they will pay for everything with the one yr commitment, just research and i'd bet you wont find much negativity if any. they have about 400+ trucks. give em a check..based out of ft. worth
Old 12-07-2006, 04:02 AM
Board Regular

LISA motor lines is the company who im speaking of.....
Old 12-08-2006, 01:37 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawila
In those three months I worked I almost made too much money to qualify for WIA voucher! You have to be destitute to qualify.
That's not exactly true. My household income including my wife is over 50K. I went through WIA with a college degree, law enforcement certificate, and a job at the time. It's there you just have to be persistant no destitute.
Old 12-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Board Regular
Default I think I figured it out....

When I was talking to the lady on the phone about WIA getting know where. She was telling me since I had a job, (although at poverty line with 4 in the family and 1 salary) it was a waste of gas coming to office to fill out paper work I would not get it. Now I remember, during our phone conversation my maid interrupted to ask how much starch I would like in my collar. The WIA lady may have over heard. Or maybe it was when my broker called on the other line and I said 250 K from Zurich acct. to buy Goggle stock, but call waiting did not work so accidentally told that to WIA lady. You all have convinced me, no more phone calls. I am going down in person to check this out. I appreciate everyones help and input.
Old 12-10-2006, 01:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Old 12-11-2006, 11:46 PM

Have you checked with CFI? As I understand it they use Central tech in Drumright and will pay 600 dollars toward you tuition without any obligation. I think there thought is if you start with then you will like it enough to stay. This is not from an offical with CFI just what I have picked up from message boards. There is a website/message board called CFIDRIVERS.com if you are interested in learning more.
Old 12-21-2006, 04:57 AM
Board Regular
Default Maybe a glimmer of hope now...

Well I gave up on the phone dead ends I was getting. Went down on a "cold call" to the local employment office today. My head busting with info obtained from over a year of researching this and other forums. Spoke one on one with a WIA lady, she seemed to think I had a great shot at getting WIA grant funding. She was impressed with all I knew about trucking, schooling, company sponsored messes, etc. Seemed like she was willing to help me out given my current situation. I appreciate all the input from each of you. I think it helps to go into a situation having a clue of what you have to do, can speak with confidence on the subject at hand that you are wanting help with. The information on this forum and others that you all give is priceless. I had done all the background I could so we would not have to start from nothing and could start working on the problem. Hopefully we can get this rolling.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:18 AM
Rookie
Default Re: I think I figured it out....

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie
When I was talking to the lady on the phone about WIA getting know where. She was telling me since I had a job, (although at poverty line with 4 in the family and 1 salary) it was a waste of gas coming to office to fill out paper work I would not get it. Now I remember, during our phone conversation my maid interrupted to ask how much starch I would like in my collar. The WIA lady may have over heard. Or maybe it was when my broker called on the other line and I said 250 K from Zurich acct. to buy Goggle stock, but call waiting did not work so accidentally told that to WIA lady. You all have convinced me, no more phone calls. I am going down in person to check this out. I appreciate everyones help and input.
LOL
this sounds like the original 1977 movie fun with dick & jane!!!
Old 12-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Default Re: Maybe a glimmer of hope now... WIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie
Well I gave up on the phone dead ends I was getting. Went down on a "cold call" to the local employment office today. My head busting with info obtained from over a year of researching this and other forums. Spoke one on one with a WIA lady, she seemed to think I had a great shot at getting WIA grant funding. She was impressed with all I knew about trucking, schooling, company sponsored messes, etc. Seemed like she was willing to help me out given my current situation. I appreciate all the input from each of you. I think it helps to go into a situation having a clue of what you have to do, can speak with confidence on the subject at hand that you are wanting help with. The information on this forum and others that you all give is priceless. I had done all the background I could so we would not have to start from nothing and could start working on the problem. Hopefully we can get this rolling.

WIA is the way I went, they want you to be fully aware of the career choice your making. They get more funds when people succeed at their program. They want you to do a career research thing with personal interviews of those that are already in the field. For the funding of CDL school the hoops you have to jump through are worth it. CDL schools survive of WIA government programs. They even give them discounts on the cost. Plus the lady who helped me wanted me to have hazmat and tanker endorsements because my employability would increase. What ever hoop you need to jump through do it. For your families sake, stop putting it off, or it will never come.

BOL.