User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default The skinny on C.R. England

There are a ton of posts all around the internet and people avoiding most questions and shooting right at the Leasing. Great - wonderful, a company underhanded a bunch of people to make money - nothing new, its been happening all over the world for months... haha... Ontop of that it looks like there might be a settlement going out to the people that got screwed.

After looking at this - http://www.crengland.com/jobopp/inde...or_leasing#faq - besides the mileage - the only variable seems to be the miles. Their site and contract should match and set.

- GRANTED - leasing is like renting, the only real winner is the owner. You seem to be covered in every which way - but no one can guarantee mileage.

My REAL question is...

If I were to go to CRE, pay up front, have my own medical/life insurance (sugar momma), and put 110% into learning - will I come out of their school knowledgeable and not be a complete danger on the road?

When it comes to contracts and agreements - that’s what lawyers are for. I have been a gov't contractor for the military to long to know better then to sign anything with out sending a FedEx first.

Thanks,
In the process of making life altering decisions…

Stowe
Old 08-10-2007, 06:52 PM
Senior Board Member

ummm, you will get 99.99% negative feedback on leasing on this forum and almost anyother place you go to.

most people dont know how to run a business and there for lose LOTS AND LOTS of money. i think it takes extreme dedication to make a lease op work.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:06 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas
ummm, you will get 99.99% negative feedback on leasing on this forum and almost anyother place you go to.

most people dont know how to run a business and there for lose LOTS AND LOTS of money. i think it takes extreme dedication to make a lease op work.
Great.

Will I come out of their school knowledgeable and not be a complete danger on the road?
Old 08-10-2007, 08:38 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbtubas

Great.

Will I come out of their school knowledgeable and not be a complete danger on the road?
What does it matter if you have been set up to fail? Either way your career will end before it has a real chance of survival / success.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:05 PM
Rookie

How so? Back it up the facts please. Anyone can say red trucks suck, pink ones get better gas milage and black trucks are for four finger Polish women.

(mind you, I have no experince with being/becoming a trucker - and have not spoken with any recruiters... just me and the net.)

Thanks!!
Old 08-11-2007, 12:56 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
How so? Back it up the facts please. Anyone can say red trucks suck, pink ones get better gas milage and black trucks are for four finger Polish women.

(mind you, I have no experince with being/becoming a trucker - and have not spoken with any recruiters... just me and the net.)

Thanks!!
If you have a "sugar momma" why not pay for school out right, find a company that does tutition reimbursement or something and go work for them if you want to drive OTR? Or get placed out of the school in a local company if you want to drive local. Why would you want CR England to train you? They'll make you sign a contract of employment, if you leave you'll have to pay them back.

I'm sure they have some drivers that probably know what they're doing and could train you, but I'm willing to bet most of them don't make good trainers. Why? Because good drivers don't stay at England as far as I can tell.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:46 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deus
If you have a "sugar momma" why not pay for school out right, find a company that does tutition reimbursement or something and go work for them if you want to drive OTR? Or get placed out of the school in a local company if you want to drive local. Why would you want CR England to train you? They'll make you sign a contract of employment, if you leave you'll have to pay them back.
Either way you will pay for school. Either you pay yourself and get tuition reimbursement or you go to a company school and work off the debt.

Old 08-11-2007, 03:42 AM
Rookie

What is the industry standard of training?

When I went to college they gave me a $40k piece of paper saying that I am a Master in Computer Science... so UN did thier job. If I go to CRE and get a CDL without killing myself or anyone else, and then go through all of thier on the road training without killing anyone or myself, they did thier job right, right?

I do not want to go to some tech school for 9 weeks... or some trucking school for a few months and off you go looking for a job as a newbie. The only thing that is said more then CRE's leasing sucks is that you cant get a job with less then 2 years of driving.

As for 'suger momma', she has great benefits...
Old 08-11-2007, 01:07 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
What is the industry standard of training?

When I went to college they gave me a $40k piece of paper saying that I am a Master in Computer Science... so UN did thier job. If I go to CRE and get a CDL without killing myself or anyone else, and then go through all of thier on the road training without killing anyone or myself, they did thier job right, right?

I do not want to go to some tech school for 9 weeks... or some trucking school for a few months and off you go looking for a job as a newbie. The only thing that is said more then CRE's leasing sucks is that you cant get a job with less then 2 years of driving.

As for 'suger momma', she has great benefits...
Unlike other industries this industry has no unemployment. You won't go "off looking for a job" as a newbie out of school. If you go to a real tech school or truck driving school you WILL get a job if you have a good record (driving and criminal).

As for get a job with less than 2 years of driving, you can get an OTR job right out of school with no experience. Pay of course increases with experience.

You could also get a local job with no experience. A lot of people say you need OTR experience to get a local job, this is a myth. If you can't get a good paying local job out of school in a major metro area you aren't trying hard enough.