User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Week 3, err Week 4 ????

The instructor was so concerned about us falling behind after loosing a day for Memorial Day that we have worked are butts off to be a day ahead now. This was quite an interesting week. We took the CDL Drive Test Wed. No score was given by the examiner, however when I parked it he shook my hand and said congratulations sir, That was one sweet ride. So that means I am now an official "CDL Holder. :shock: :shock: :shock: " I got Hazmat, Db~Triples~Tanker endorsements on it as well. Sitting with a 96% in academics and 95% in skills. Then on Thr we took the same CDL Exam route for a school grade, I got a 98%. Friday was a lot of fun as we went on a major road trip, for us anyway. After several 15-20 mile rides in and around the school these past weeks, our 125 mile trip to Big Cabin, Okla. was a real treat. One week to go. Right now I am looking at Groendyke, Crete, and Aliance (local dump bed/bulk company operates NE Okla into SW Mo, NW ARK and SE Kansas. They deliver product to the sister concrete truck plants (28-in all) I believe. Saw them everywhere on our roadtrip yesterday.
Old 06-13-2007, 02:08 PM
Rookie

And if your self employed, just get a letter from your tax preparer stating you closed your business, that will suffice.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: How to get money for school ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by okie
I have seen this topic before and nobody offered anything worthwhile but thought I would try again. I do not want to go company paid, way to many horror stories. I tried the WIA route this week, I was shut down before even getting started. It appears that if you have an income you do not qualify. It was explained to me that I was at the appropriate " :shock: poverty level :shock: " income to qualify. However, the mere fact that I have an income DQ'ed my attempt. Perhaps I can give DHS a try. The WIA lady suggested I could choose a company paid training, but why be on the hook for $6000-$7000 when all I need to go to Central Tech is under $2000 in-state. I am pretty sure all the Student Grants and Loans are out of reach, due to a few years of bad/low pay back of college loans. Due to unemployment and underemployment several years back. Anybody have any suggestions?
I had a $30k a year income and got the WIA money. In the same class were nurses, and they got the free money as well
Old 08-11-2007, 03:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawila
Cool. I know most people, including myself, do not like credit cards.

Try this: Head over to your state employment service, and try to find out if you qualify for a WIA voucher. If so, it will pay the total cost of your schooling. It's worth a shot, at least. Thats how I'm going to attend. I too need PTDI certification for the companies I'd like to work for.
How long did it take you to get approved?
My unemployment runs out in a month. My husband is disabled and his check is only $525/mth. We have a daughter under 18. Will that help it along faster??
I have no other choice but to change careers. I use to drive with husband before he became disabled in 2001. Sooo I know how it is and I can team with sis for CFI. I just need WIA to help me. I need it like yesterday before unemp runs out. Nothing here jobwise but stores and restuarants.