User Tag List

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2006, 05:56 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Can't serve both God and Mammon

OH I HEAR YOU! And how true, but sad. I think those who hide behind the "Christian" label, when their actions don't match their professions of faith, will have to answer to the Big Dispatcher in the Sky. But these people think 'once saved always saved' -- one of those fallacies of modern misinformed Christianity. Sorry I posted this stupid topic!
Old 09-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Board Regular

It's not a stupid topic. I certainly respect your desire to witness and get your training and employment through Christian outlets.

However, like any industry, probably more so, trucking has its good and bad- bad in this case is that there are very few "Christian" schools and companies.

What I would recommend, however, is Covenant Transportation - they have "It's not a choice, it's a child" on the back of every trailer. Go forth, spread the world. Unfortunately, as the big Book says, you will have to go where the sinners are. How can you witness if you are preaching to the choir? :wink:

You'll be surprised how many trucks have crosses on them or Christian decals. Once you get over the trash on the CB, you'll be pleasantly surprised how many drivers give you a "God Bless".

-p.
Old 09-12-2006, 03:49 AM
Default Re: Can't serve both God and Mammon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shebear
OH I HEAR YOU! And how true, but sad. I think those who hide behind the "Christian" label, when their actions don't match their professions of faith, will have to answer to the Big Dispatcher in the Sky. But these people think 'once saved always saved' -- one of those fallacies of modern misinformed Christianity. Sorry I posted this stupid topic!
I'm not going to get into a debate on the issue as that isn't the topic of the thread. I am just going to tell you that you are mistaken. Jesus saves those who trust in Him. He never casts them away. They have eternal life. Jesus doesn't lie. Now, you're informed. God bless you.

I could care less what the United States OFFICIAL stance on global warming is.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierdaddy

I'm not going to get into a debate on the issue as that isn't the topic of the thread.
Yes you are. That is why you are posting this dribble.

Quote:
I am just going to tell you that you are mistaken. Jesus saves those who trust in Him. He never casts them away. They have eternal life. Jesus doesn't lie. Now, you're informed. God bless you.
Yet another "expert" who doesn't understand what is written in the bible. :roll:
Old 09-12-2006, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

I'm not going to get into a debate on the issue as that isn't the topic of the thread.
Yes you are. That is why you are posting this dribble.

No I'm not. Do you see me debating? I don't. What I see is me stating fact, and leaving it at that. No debate. More of a "Thus saith the Lord".

Quote:
I am just going to tell you that you are mistaken. Jesus saves those who trust in Him. He never casts them away. They have eternal life. Jesus doesn't lie. Now, you're informed. God bless you.
Yet another "expert" who doesn't understand what is written in the bible. :roll:

That's a very respectful way to talk about a Christian brother. If you are even a Christian. I understand what is written in the Bible and more than that, I know the One who wrote it. I suggest you get to know Him, and find out what's written in the Bible. ETERNAL LIFE...it means what it says.

Old 09-12-2006, 04:18 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
"An expert who understands what is written in the Bible."

~Rev.Vassago, speaking about hoosierdaddy
Show me where I said that. Nice out of context. Kind of like your take on the bible, I'm sure - take a bunch of words, and change them around until it suits your need. :roll:

Quote:
What I see is me stating fact, and leaving it at that. No debate. More of a "Thus saith the Lord".
What fact? I saw no facts. "Thus saith the lord?" Cite the passage, if "the lord saith thus". :roll:

Quote:
That's a very respectful way to talk about a Christian brother. If you are even a Christian.
What I am is irrelevant. And you are not my brother.

Quote:
I understand what is written in the Bible and more than that, I know the One who wrote it.
And who was that? I'd love for you to tell me. :wink:
Old 09-12-2006, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
"An expert who understands what is written in the Bible."

~Rev.Vassago, speaking about hoosierdaddy
Show me where I said that. Nice out of context. Kind of like your take on the bible, I'm sure - take a bunch of words, and change them around until it suits your need. :roll:

I did that for a reason. I will give you the benefit of the doubt; that you are smart enough to figure it out. What's a "nice out of context"? If you read the Bible the way you talk (poorly) then I can understand why you don't grasp biblical teaching.

Quote:
What I see is me stating fact, and leaving it at that. No debate. More of a "Thus saith the Lord".
What fact? I saw no facts. "Thus saith the lord?" Cite the passage, if "the lord saith thus". :roll:

What fact? Everything I said Einstein. Everything I said was biblical, ergo it was a "thus saith the Lord". I could find the Scriptures for you, but I'll leave it to you to do for yourself; the Bible tells us not to cast pearls before swine. I think you won't do that though, as I have a strong suspicion that you are not even a Christian. You are a troublemaker taking a thread off topic. I was giving you a chance but the more you post, the more you expose yourself as a fraud. It is crystal clear; you have much to say about me but yet, you can't provide any teaching from the Bible yourself.

Quote:
That's a very respectful way to talk about a Christian brother. If you are even a Christian.
What I am is irrelevant. And you are not my brother.

True. And true. Because you are not a Christian.

Quote:
I understand what is written in the Bible and more than that, I know the One who wrote it.

The Lord.

Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
I did that for a reason. I will give you the benefit of the doubt; that you are smart enough to figure it out.
I already know why you did it; because you have no justification for anything you are posting.

Quote:
What's a "nice out of context"? If you read the Bible the way you talk (poorly) then I can understand why you don't grasp biblical teaching.
It's sad that your argument has come down to personal insults so quickly. That is a true sign of desperation.

Quote:
What fact? Everything I said Einstein. Everything I said was biblical, ergo it was a "thus saith the Lord". I could find the Scriptures for you, but I'll leave it to you to do for yourself; the Bible tells us not to cast pearls before swine.
So now you claim to be the lord? That is a bold statement. I did a search, and your previous post was not in the bible, so that would mean you are committing blasphemy. Or perhaps you never read Revelation 22:18. :roll:

Quote:
I think you won't do that though, as I have a strong suspicion that you are not even a Christian.
Again, what I am is irrelevant. I'm just trying to find out what YOU are.

Quote:
You are a troublemaker taking a thread off topic. I was giving you a chance but the more you post, the more you expose yourself as a fraud. It is crystal clear; you have much to say about me but yet, you can't provide any teaching from the Bible yourself.
You first. :wink:

Quote:
Again, what I am is irrelevant. You have become a one note band.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Lord.
So, please explain why "The Lord" would write in this book that the sun revolves around the earth, as referenced in Joshua 10:12-13

Quote:
12 On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel:
"O sun, stand still over Gibeon,
O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.
Or that a rabbit chews its cud, like a cow, as referenced in Lev. 11:6

Quote:
6 The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you.
It certainly appears as if this "lord" you speak of skipped his science classes. :wink:
Old 09-12-2006, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Quote:
I did that for a reason. I will give you the benefit of the doubt; that you are smart enough to figure it out.
I already know why you did it; because you have no justification for anything you are posting.

No you don't; you're wrong. But you've shown yourself to have a habit of doing that. 8)

Quote:
What's a "nice out of context"? If you read the Bible the way you talk (poorly) then I can understand why you don't grasp biblical teaching.
It's sad that your argument has come down to personal insults so quickly. That is a true sign of desperation.

And when you did it first and continued to do it you showed that you were desperate from the beginning. You should pay attention to what you post yourself.

Quote:
What fact? Everything I said Einstein. Everything I said was biblical, ergo it was a "thus saith the Lord". I could find the Scriptures for you, but I'll leave it to you to do for yourself; the Bible tells us not to cast pearls before swine.
So now you claim to be the lord? That is a bold statement. I did a search, and your previous post was not in the bible, so that would mean you are committing blasphemy. Or perhaps you never read Revelation 22:18. :roll:

I never claimed to be the Lord. I was quoting Him and everything I said IS in the Bible. That is a "thus saith the Lord". He said it; I am quoting Him. Come on man, at least give me a challenge. By the way, using your logic I can accuse you of thinking you are God because you said you "know" why I did something. You don't "know". Have you read all of the many verses about attacking fellow Christians? Yes, I've read that verse. It seems you haven't.

Quote:
I think you won't do that though, as I have a strong suspicion that you are not even a Christian.
Again, what I am is irrelevant. I'm just trying to find out what YOU are.

Quote:
You are a troublemaker taking a thread off topic. I was giving you a chance but the more you post, the more you expose yourself as a fraud. It is crystal clear; you have much to say about me but yet, you can't provide any teaching from the Bible yourself.
You first. :wink:

Don't wink at me.

Quote:
Again, what I am is irrelevant. You have become a one note band.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The Lord.
So, please explain why "The Lord" would write in this book that the sun revolves around the earth, as referenced in Joshua 10:12-13

Quote:
12 On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel:
"O sun, stand still over Gibeon,
O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."

13 So the sun stood still,
and the moon stopped,
till the nation avenged itself on its enemies,
as it is written in the Book of Jashar.
The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.
Or that a rabbit chews its cud, like a cow, as referenced in Lev. 11:6

Quote:
6 The rabbit, though it chews the cud, does not have a split hoof; it is unclean for you.
It certainly appears as if this "lord" you speak of skipped his science classes. :wink:

No. It appears that the "scientists" skipped theology class. And the "science" of biblical interpretation (or at least only you did). I'm sorry but you just quoted from Joshua, and nowhere in your quote does it say the sun revolves around the Earth. As for the book of "Jashar" there is no book of that name in Scripture. Try again. Would you like the Scriptures that specifically back up what I claimed from the beginning? That being that salvation is eternal. That eternal life means "eternal life".

You should take the "Rev." off of your name. You're a disgrace. And I am quickly starting to see that you are a heretic (or just a lost unbeliever who doesn't know any better).

Old 09-12-2006, 09:46 PM

Now that you've been thoroughly schooled and most definitely have met your match, I suggest that you quit taking the thread off topic and attend a local Sunday school.

Either way, this discussion is over. If you just can't help yourself, start another thread and I may give you the time of day. However, work calls. Buh bye.

Closed Thread