Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Trucking Schools (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools-31/)
-   -   Is there a Christian trucking school, Anywhere USA? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/trucking-schools/18474-there-christian-trucking-school-anywhere-usa.html)

Shebear 07-03-2006 06:32 PM

Is there a Christian trucking school, Anywhere USA?

Or a school owned by a Christian outfit? Heh, even a trucking company owned by a Christian family? After I train, I want to witness for Christ OTR.

My handle "Shebear" refers to the defender of Elisha in the Bible. In 2nd Kings 2:23-24, we learn that God has a way of dealing with those who despise His chosen servants, in this case Elisha. Elisha was the one who saw the prophet Elijah carried to heaven in chariots of fire, and he was given the prophet's mantle. Shebears mean business!

So I guess it's pretty obvious I'd like to find Christians who have a school, or would want to sponsor a lady which her heart set on truck stop evangelism.

Maybe people can pass this message along. I'd appreciate the help.

dle 07-05-2006 02:13 AM

Owned by a christian family? Most of the truck driving schools that I am aware of are owned / operated by corporations eg roadmasters, sage, or communit colleges. Why is this important to you vs one that is going to teach you correctly? BTW, i'm not saying that a 'christian' owned school would not teach you correctly. One of the first rules of a business, whether owned by a christian or not, is to stay in business.

Shebear 07-05-2006 04:07 PM

Agreed - The main thing is to get thorough training. What I was referring to was the general atmosphere. I'm sure you can tell the difference if you ever have spent any time at a truck stop run by Christians, right?

ben45750 07-06-2006 05:10 AM

http://www.covenanttransport.com/driving.html

Not sure if they train... dead link from there website on the school.

dle 07-07-2006 04:25 PM

Most of the truck stops that i've been into are owned by corporations TA, Pilot, Petro, Flying J, etc. The family owned shops that i've gone into are few and far between. Personally, i've seen no difference between them.

In terms of Covenenat, they contract with various schools around the country to do their training. That's the information that I got from their recruiters back in March. You might want to call and talk with one of their recruiters to get the most up to date info.

Snake_Ize 07-07-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shebear
Agreed - The main thing is to get thorough training. What I was referring to was the general atmosphere. I'm sure you can tell the difference if you ever have spent any time at a truck stop run by Christians, right?

Yep, everything is more expensive.

Rev.Vassago 07-08-2006 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shebear
I'm sure you can tell the difference if you ever have spent any time at a truck stop run by Christians, right?

I'm kind of curious as to what you think the difference is.

Da Kine 07-08-2006 07:46 AM

Oh'yah well my god is more powerful than your god!

Quote:

Quote:

Shebear:

I'm sure you can tell the difference if you ever have spent any time at a truck stop run by Christians, right?

Rev.Vassago wrote:

I'm kind of curious as to what you think the difference is.
Me three. =P =(

jackcory 09-10-2006 10:48 PM

I went to Elite Truck School in Portland, Or. and the teacher is a christian. However the atmosphere you are talking about was sometimes bad. The swearing etc. But he tried to keep that to a minimum.

Fozzy 09-10-2006 11:29 PM

Christian Truck Stop? Is this like a Jumbo Shrimp? There are a few companies that CLAIM to be Christian run... They usually have some of the worst reputations because like most CEOs who babble on about how religious they are, they actually worship the money and are out looking for some suckers to buy into their little act. :lol: