User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 11:20 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Another quick update then off 'til Tuesday...

Did I ever mention that I love this place?! Yoopr, it's okay, she (Baby Bullseye) checks out with the official "Slacker Club"! I'll deal with her personally for the "dude" comment later :twisted: :P :roll:...

Anyway, just putting another quickie on here before retiring to a weekend of fun. Just trying to wrap all of my busy work up today/tonight so the rest of my time off is fun time! Y'all be safe and have fun wherever you may be. Now to what my lazy butt has been up to lately...

Week 27-5
-Jax, FL (hook clean tank), then to Garden City, GA.
-Garden CIty, GA to Green Bay, WI (driver unload with truck pump).
-Green Bay to Markham, IL (drop dirty tank, wash truck pump and fittings, hook clean tank).
Gross: $683.22
Est. Miles: 1,539
Avg.: .443/mile

Week 28-6
-Markham, IL to Sturtevant, WI (live load).
-Sturtevant, WI to Markham, WI (drop loaded tank).
-----Markham, IL to Kankakee, IL (hook preloaded tank).
-----Kankakee, IL to East Point, GA (customer unload).
-----East Point, GA to Garden City, GA (drop dirty tank, hook clean tank).
-Garden City, GA to Riceboro, GA (drop tank).
-----Riceboro, GA to Jacksonville, FL (hook clean tank).
-----Jacksonville, FL to Riceboro, GA (drop clean tank, hook preloaded tank).
-----Riceboro, GA to Louisville, KY (driver unload with truck air, drop dirty tank, wash fittings).
Gross: $1,039.30
Miles: 2,063
Avg.: .504/mile

Superior Carriers Totals, from July 31st (ALL PAY)....from solo start Aug. 8th (not including training and orientation pay, or referral bonuses):
Gross: $31,022.33 (.586/mile).....$27,005.87 (.509/mile)
Miles: 52,956
Hazmat Loads: 12
Days Working: 159
Days Off: 48
*Days working and off totals calculated up to leaving out Tuesday*

Superior Carriers 2007 Totals (WORK PAY ONLY):
Gross: $6,287.53 (.531/mile)
Miles: 9,767
Hazmat Loads: 3
Days Working: 38
Days Off: 12
*Days working, days off, and hazmat load totals calculated up to leaving out Tuesday*

Week 29-7 estimates
-Louisville, KY (hook preloaded tank), then to Largo, FL (customer unload).
-Largo, Fl to Jacksonville, FL (drop dirty tank, wash fittings, hook clean tank).
-----Jax, FL to Riceboro, GA (drop clean tank, hook preloaded tank).
-----Riceboro, GA to Greer, SC (drop loaded tank, truck maintenance, hook empty tank).
-Greer, SC to Charlotte, NC (drop clean tank, hook preloaded tank).
-Charlotte, NC to Brunswick, GA (customer unload).
-Brunswick, GA to Jax, FL (drop dirty tank, time off).
Est. Gross: $971
Est. Miles: 2,035

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 02-16-2007, 11:59 AM
Location: Indiana sometimes, Or any which way the wind blows or the dispatcher sends

Come one now, I'm not that bad a person. :roll: :wink: I promise I will behave. :roll: Please don't send me to my room.

Maybe I got off on the wrong foot I do sincerely apologies if I upset anyone I was just picking on the few people I know on this forum. I don't normally post on things like this, but I was asked to because I work for the food grade part of the same company Cyanide does and he thought I might be able to shed a little light on Carry for those who might have an interest in the company but don't want to do chemical. So once again allow me to offer my sincerest apology if I upset anyone.

And on that note :asta:

The past is the past. The future is the future. Treat the Present as what it is a Gift.

Keep a Happy thought in your mind and your heart can soar!
Old 02-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Senior Board Member

Ummm, I can't see as how you could have upset anyone.... It certainly wasn't me. 8) Is it possible "you-know-who" might be jealous, because you're alot better looking than he is??? Whooops, did I actually say that. :?

Post as you wish....we'll deal with him later... 8) :shock: 8)

Has anybody ever heard from "soundman".....seems he's dropped off the face of the earth, and not answering his phone.... :x :shock: :sad:

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Location: Indiana sometimes, Or any which way the wind blows or the dispatcher sends

I was more in reference to this post actually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoopr
, but does anyone else here seem to think that that Cyanide dude is a little long winded.

No "DUDE"
Anyways I was told I should actually show the fact that I do have a serious side. :cry:
So you think "you know who" is upset because he is jealous huh hmmmmmm there is a different twist to it I didn't think about. But then again I guess that depends on how you look at it. Maybe he is jealous because I have a laptop and he doesn't. :lol: Either way.

Cyanide said he hasn't heard anything from "soundman" either he is actually kinda worried about him.. I hope he is ok.

Any who I am just sitting up in WI waiting for my 10 hours to be up so I can head to the yard and go home for the weekend. I must admit this is nice being able to be home for the weekend unless I tell them run me! This job seams kind of cushy out and backs and then home for the weekend and still make the money I need. I could get use to this really fast.

The past is the past. The future is the future. Treat the Present as what it is a Gift.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:05 PM

Does anyone know anything about Dupre or Groendyke? Are they good companies? Any info would be appreciated. Both are hiring for regional runs out of Little rock, they say you will be home about every weekend. From what I read I think Dupre is chemical and Groendyke is food grade. What do you guys know about them?
Old 02-17-2007, 05:24 PM

Sorry I don't know much about those companies. Wish I could help you out though.

Old 02-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Rookie

Well I'm going to give being a tanker-yanker a try. Applied to Foodliner got a local position in Cleveland start next Monday. Had check ride and new physical, start to finish only took 2 weeks. Will let you know how it goes, go out with a trainer for a week or two to learn loading and delivery procedures. Seems to be better than bumping docks.
Old 02-18-2007, 05:08 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by driver67373
Does anyone know anything about Dupre or Groendyke? Are they good companies? Any info would be appreciated. Both are hiring for regional runs out of Little rock, they say you will be home about every weekend. From what I read I think Dupre is chemical and Groendyke is food grade. What do you guys know about them?
Groendyke also has a office in Ft. Worth. They do chemicals and fuel delivery, however this is the first time I hear about the food grade. That doesn't mean they don't, I just didn't know they did.

I run into the drivers all of the time at the terminals, and they seem like a happy bunch.

Hope this helps.

Deja moo. It's when you feel you have heard this BS before.
'

Old 02-19-2007, 12:59 AM
Board Regular

Baby Bullseye where do you do most of your delivering in WI? I'm straight west of Madison along the IA border and see Carry trucks only occasionally. I don't see alot of the bigger carriers around here but a lot of local smaller ones hauling the milk from the transfer stations to the bigger plants. They want experience which I don't have.

Does Carry get you home every weekend? Do you pass through this area (SW WI) much at all? Does Carry have the types of runs Cyanide used to do at Aartman like WI to FL to CA back to WI? OR how hard is it to get on a midwest regional run or dedicated with Carry?

Thanks
Old 02-19-2007, 05:18 PM

Funny you should mention Aartman I started out there doing the exact same runs as cyanide .
The only reason I stay out on some weekends is because I choose to. I tell them if I am willing to work a weekend. I was use to running for a few weeks and the going home over at Aartman so it is a big change to try to be home every weekend I am not use to it so I don't I normally go home every other weekend for 3 days but I am also by the house a couple times in-between weekends as well.

I go to Random Lake WI a lot as well as we have a couple runs that go up to a couple different places in Ripon. I believe there are multiples of these loads in a week. I know they have other runs that go up there I have just never done them. I have only worked here a few months so I am still learning alot of the freight lanes.

When I asked about runs from like FL to CA or even me getting down to FL I was told that with what we haul it is just easier for the different companies to ship it via railroad to a different yard of ours and have them pick it up there it is not feasible as far as money is concerned to ship it via truck that far. You would basically have to just jump from terminal to terminal taking the loads they can give you in order to get close to going that far I believe, but I may be wrong.

I think this company is set up for more of the regional type of runs, not cross country. As far as dedicated you would have to call the terminal and ask them about that I haven't heard anything about a dedicated run. But we do go to a lot of the same places over and over so it almost feels that way. You get to know the customer and the receivers.

I believe our closest terminal to you would be Bridgeview IL. That is the yard I run out of and I know they are looking for drivers. The # for that yard is 1-800-777-2288 and you would speak to Brian. There is also a yard in Keokuk IA. I don't know where that is exactly or what runs they do but the # for there is 1-800-232-2779. I do not know who you would talk to over at that yard though.

See with being out of bridgeview. I have done 2 loads to La Porte IN. 2 loads up into MI one in Holland MI and the other place wasn't to far from there but I don't remember where exactly. Since away from my trainer I have only done one Chicago Load (he was a local driver so that was all he did and I was along for the ride). 2 Loads down to Danville IL. and all the other loads I have done have been split between Random Lake WI, Ripon WI, Owensboro KY, and now 1 Louisville KY. I do not recall it I have done any other loads though I might have forgotten one or two. If by some mistake I missed one of your questions or you think of another one feel free to ask away I am here to help.