User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide
On another note, I had the pleasure of meeting Skywalker the other day. Hey Rob, maybe next time you won't be so rushed and you can come over for dinner :P!

Y'all be safe :wink:...
Carlo, next time we can get together in Jax....I will find a way to spend more time with you....and take you up on that dinner invitation. Sorry I had to run, but you know how it goes..... :?

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 05-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Default Devil Dog!!

Cyanide, whats going at Aartman now days?? Thought Id touch base with you, since our last convo. Well, they couldnt hire me, because I live in Texas. Had everhting approved, ready to roll out for orientation, and I believe it was Ron from Cali, who called me and said it would be too difficult for them to get me here for hometime. Thats a new one for me, but I also understand the running lanes, and the difficulty with hauling food grade(time sensitive). I guess I live too far from some of their accounts, which is typical for the part of Texas I live in, unles you are a flatbedder. But hey, if I ever move out of here, will be running for Aartman. As for now, still yankina tank in Texas!!! Take care leatherneck, and we'll shout at cha latter.

Never sacrifice your honor or your character for anyone or anything - be you!!
Old 06-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Senior Board Member

Hey everyone, how are y'all doing?!

I hope this finds you all doing great. I'm taking a chance to get this caught up since my son's been keeping me very busy since getting home, especially since school's finally out! I've been having lots of fun...as always...and it's been a good (almost) two years here.

Hey Arik, sorry to hear that Jon couldn't work things out for ya to be able to drive here. I'm suprised that he didn't try getting ya on out of the old Milk Mover's yard in Hagerman, NM. Wonder if they could've worked ya in???

Guess I should get stuff caught up now huh?! :roll:

Week 18:
N/A due to time off.

Week 19:
-Spartanburg, SC to Mulberry, FL (swap tanks), then to Auburndale, FL for load going to Modesto, CA (548 empty + 21 empty + 2,835 loaded = 3,437 total.....live load 05-08/1050-1855, Drop and Hook 05-12).
End of week total: 3,437 miles.

Week 20:
-Modesto, CA to Ripon, CA (swap tanks), then to Hilmar, CA for load going to Greenwood, WI (9 empty + 29 empty + 2,146 loaded = 2,184 total.....Drop and Hook 05-13, live unload and washout 05-17/1100-1245).
End of week total: 2,184 miles.

Week 21:
-Greenwood, WI to Neosho, MO for load going to Norco, CA (700 empty + 1,511 loaded = 2,211 total.....washout and live load 05-19/1300-1530, Drop and Hook 05-21).
-Norco, CA to Chino, CA (tank wash), then to Tipton, CA for load going to Waupun, WI (5 empty + 210 empty + 2,188 loaded = 2,403 total.....washout and live load 05-22/1940-2300, live unload and washout 05-26/0745-0910).
End of week total: 4,614 miles.

Now here's where the fun begins... From Waupun I headed down to Fair Oaks, IN for some minor truck work and to wait for my next load to bring me home. Unfortunately, the only load D.F.A. had available was going to Neosho, MO, which would've been great if I was staying out for another turn. But as it stands, they didn't, and I was deadheaded home, with all of the empty miles to be applied on my next trip out (as always). Whew, that's going to be a doozy !!!

Y'all be safe and have fun :wink:...

2006 Totals (with leaving out on 06-05):
Paid Dispatched Miles: 58,435.....48,527 loaded
Actual Driven Miles: 59,368 (+933 miles = .016%)
Loads: 26 (42)
Live loads/unloads: 48 (92%)
Drop and Hooks: 4 (8%)
Length of Haul: 2,248 miles.....1,866 loaded
Days working: 94
Days off: 40 (30-Home, 10-Road)

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 07-02-2006, 08:24 AM
Rookie
Default this is no B.S.

i had the pleasure of meeting mr cyanide last week at a truckstop on the road in iowa,i read his post and was wondering if i would ever run into him since i do work for the same company mr cyanide works for (JIM Aartman INC.) IVE WORKED FOR O/O's, C.R.E.,flatbed,refer,towing.pumped do do,and many other various driving jobs anyway mr cyanide it was a pleasure! now ladies and gents this is my opinion,i wouldnt want any other trailer sittin on my 5th wheel plate unless it was a tanker. (i was lookin for a job when i found this one)<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<how many times have we said this or heard this?
well i just would like to add,im not lookin for a job anymore i found one i like,JIM AARTMAN INC.also i may add that my team driver is workin for the same co.were both happy and we talk daily about just how happy we are with our co.............ahh yes we do laugh about all the good times flatbeddin it, tarpin in 100+HEAT AND RAIN not to mention our PAYCHECKS<<<NOW THERES A LAUGH ANYWAY I HOPE WE ALL FIND THAT TRUCKIN JOB WERE ALL LOOKIN FOR! i,ll be glad to answer any questions you may have. anyway the moral to the story is MR CYANIDE IS 100% ON TRACK HERE WITH HIS POST! LETS ALL MOTOR SAFE HOWEVER MANY WHEELS YOUR RIDING ON! KINGPIN1
Old 07-04-2006, 12:06 AM
Senior Board Member

Just in case any of you all are wondering... I spoke to "Cyanide" the other day...he's at home right now for some well deserved R & R...and he's doing something special as well....so it may be a few days before he gets back on line.

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 07-04-2006, 12:47 AM
Board Regular

Seeing that this original post is over a year old it still has contains very good bits of information. Yes tankers do pay for nearly everything you do, tank washes, waiting ect...Tankers is all I know. If I took a 53 footer into a tight little Pilot T/S I would probably tear off someones hood. Everybody worries about the surge but you get used to it. I like being able to see what is behind me. Not nearly as many blind spots with a tanker. And yes receivers are glad to see you arrive because they are usually waiting with 1 foot of product in their storage tank. Tank yanking is a different world.

********************* "I have never been lost, but do admit to being confused for several weeks".
Old 07-14-2006, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Hope everyone is doing great!

This will be quick gang. About to head back out to California tomorrow after almost two weeks off on vacation. It was great and just what the doctor ordered. Sorry, I didn't update my numbers, I'll do that next time I'm home. Now, for the suprise of the day...

As a couple of you already know, for at least the next year this will be my last series of runs with Jim Aartman, and I'll be starting with Superior Carriers in August. Yep, I'm returning to chemical tankers and have a very strong feeling that things will be definitely better there than when I was at C.T.L. I'm very confident in my decision, and those who truly know me know that I've done a lot of ground work to come to this choice, even if it's only short-term.

I'll catch up with everyone in about three weeks. Y'all be safe and have fun :wink:...

Old 07-21-2006, 11:38 AM
Rookie
Default indinan river

hey cyanide great info i am thinking about getting into tankers , nerver pulled them before been talking back and forth with indian river was hoping you could give me some info since you worked for them seems they told me they have a regional in ga where i live thank for any info keep up the awesome info
Old 07-27-2006, 05:05 AM
Senior Board Member

Wesland, to be honest I'd suggest you stay away from them. If you have hazmat, you can make a lot better money running regional or local with a chemical or fuel tanker outfit.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:08 AM
Senior Board Member
Default My final post with Jim Aartman (for at least a year)...

Week 22:
-N/A due to time off.

Week 23:
-Waupun, WI to Mulberry, FL (drop tank), then to Auburndale, FL (hook tank) for load going to Warren, MI (1,342 empty + 21 empty + 1,200 loaded = 2,563 total.....drop & hook 06-06, live unload 06-08/0800-1100).
End of week total: 2,563 miles.

Week 24:
-Warren, MI to Ionia, MI (tank wash), then to Belding, MI for load going to Rancho Cucamonga, CA (128 empty + 14 empty + 2,235 loaded = 2,377 total.....live load 06-08/2230-2345, live unload 06-13/0830-0945).
End of week total: 2,377 miles.

Week 25:
-Rancho Cucamonga, CA to Tulare, CA (tank wash), then to Tipton, CA for load going to Waupun, WI (206 empty + 11 empty + 2,188 loaded = 2,405 total.....washout and live load 06-14/1400-1600, live unload and washout 06-18/0700-0855).
-Waupun, WI to Rembrandt, IA for load going to Norco, CA (416 empty + 1,720 loaded = 2,136 total.....washout and live load 06-19/0815-1015, drop and hook 06-21). This load was the last one that could be completed before my two-year anniversary.
End of week total: 4,541 miles.

Totals from 06-25-2004 to 06-24-2006:
Miles: 287,200
Loads: 139 (278)
Live loads/unloads: 242 (87%)
Drop and Hooks: 36 (13%)
Length of Haul: 2,066 miles
Days working: 549
Days off: 181

Week 26:
-Norco, CA to Chino, CA (tank wash), then to Artesia, CA for load going to Neenah, CA (5 empty + 32 empty + 2,172 loaded = 2,209 total.....washout and live load 06-23/0530-0800, live unload and washout 06-27/0045-0330).
-Neenah, WI to Rembrandt, IA for load going to Abbeville, AL (433 empty + 1,229 loaded = 1,662 total.....washout and live load 06-28/0945-1200, live unload and washout 06-29/1830-2115).
End of week total: 3,871 miles

Weeks 27, 28:
N/A due to time off and vacation.

Week 29:
-Abbeville, AL to Jacksonville, FL (tank wash), then to Blackshear, GA for load going to Ripon, CA (272 empty + 80 empty + 2,643 loaded = 2,995 total.....washout and live load 07-14/0915-1345, live unload 07-18/0800-1000). Had tank washed next day at the yard before going to load.
End of week total: 2,995 miles.

Week 30:
-Ripon, CA to Hilmar, CA for load going to Greenwood, WI (29 empty + 2,145 loaded = 2,174 total.....washout and live load 07-19/1915-2130, live unload and washout 07-23/0645-0800).
-Greenwood, WI to Fair Oaks, IN for load going to Braselton, GA (384 empty + 685 loaded = 1,069 total.....live load 07-23/1745-1815, live unload and washout 07-25/1010-1130).
-Braselton, GA to Montezuma, GA for load going to Winter Haven, FL (175 empty + 351 loaded = 526 total.....drop and hook 07-26, live unload and washout 07-27/2040/2230).
-Winter Haven, FL to Mulberry, FL to turn truck in. (18 empty)
End of week total: 3,787 miles.

2006 Totals:
Miles: 78,565
Loads: 36 (72)
Live loads/unloads: 65 (90%)
Drop and Hooks: 74 (10%)
Length of Haul: 2,182 miles
Days working: 153
Days off: 55

Final Totals:
Miles: 297,853
Loads: 145 (290)
Live loads/unloads: 253 (87%)
Drop and Hooks: 37 (13%)
Length of Haul: 2,054 miles
Days working: 568
Days off: 195

I'd like to say that my time at Jim Aartman was very productive and enjoyable. I'd like to credit a lot of that to the wonderful dispatcher and supervisor I had in Ripon (Pam and Jon). I never had a problem that they couldn't fix, and that the miles and hometime were always there for me. I'd also like to give a shoutout to Kari, for filling in when Pam and Jon weren't there. Y'all will truly be missed, and hopefully my travels with Superior will bring me through there to stop in and visit. :wink:

I'd also like to say thanks to Ron in Fair Oaks. Without him who knows where I would've went, 'cause I wasn't staying with Indian River. I feel fortunate enough to never have gotten that finger of steel in the chest! :lol: :P :lol:

Last but not least a thanks and farewell to the mechanics, fellow drivers, and other personnel that I was able to share the last two years with. Especially those who were formerly employed at the Mulberry, FL yard but somehow ended up leaving, sometimes under strange or unknown circumstances (Faye, Scott, Paula, and Chris) :roll:

To my friends still running food-grade, and those who may like to give it a shot, I wish you all safe and productive journeys. I still say that there is nothing easier than running this stuff with a company like Jim Aartman, Caledonia, Bynum, or Indian River/North American Tank Lines. That is, where the driver simply picks the load up and gets it to it's destination safely with no involvement with the loading /unloading. I'm going to miss it, but unfortunately (at least for now), "easy" does have a way of being very limited to the amount of income I can make without sacrificing hometime and having to run more miles, and also having a benefit package that is lacking in areas. We shall see how this goes...

So for the time being, this is it for my food-grade adventure. My next update will be once again as a chemical tanker-yanker. Honestly, I was trying for one of those cushy union gigs, but as always here in North Florida, they're only hiring for part-time and/or casual positions with a very L-O-N-G wait to get full-time status, which I simply cannot afford :roll: :roll: :roll: Anyway, as soon as I get a truck I'll put it's number under my avatar. Y'all have a great weekend and have fun. I can smell that barbeque on the grill already :wink:!!!