User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2012, 06:00 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I do not know if this is legit, or if they can land you a job. So, do your own due diligence.

If you're willing to commit to working a year as a driver in the oil fields, and you're a vet, you may qualify for FREE CDL training, living expenses and more! If you qualify, here's what you can expect:

-Free/paid 4 week training program at Heavy Metal Truck Training school in Saint Paul Minnesota;
-Paid lodging during training program;
-Guaranteed job placement;
-Great wages;
-Benefits;
-and More!

Approval takes only days, not weeks or months. To learn more contact Gary at 1-800-835-2540. Or, complete an online application at HMTT.net

Heavy Metal Truck Training
11098 Clark Road
Inver Grove Heights MN 55077

HMTT.net
Old 07-21-2012, 12:16 AM
Rookie

Its Legal, but its not training with a oil field job lined up for you id Bet. Its just another Gimmick in the national funding services to get more income coming into there little driving school. But who knows maybe they have a recruiter from ND that is promising some deal for Vets. I went to trucking school right by there and know they had all kind of recruiters coming there with all the big promises A trucking company will make. And thats the first ive noticed of a 1 year deal commitment in the oil patch. unlike Schnider,Werner ,Cursed, I mean CRST and the rest that offer schooling for the 1 year commitment, And ive ran into a lot of Guys oweing 5 Grand for not making it that 1 year. On there website they also mention WIA and everyother Govt source to pay for there trucking school. I wish that i had seen a site like that ten years ago. I had a heck of a time finding out about WIA on my own, But did and it all worked out great. Or I would have ended up oweing Big Bucks to some Company. Ive always called it selling your soul to the Devil
Old 07-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Rookie

Headed up to Williston tomorrow for the day from here in So.Dak. Anybody know of any driving companies who's offices are open on Saturday? If not for just driving, even CDL Equip Operator's? I'm not scared of bustin my hump until I find what I would like to do. Just trying to put a face in front of somebody that does hiring, or at least the people who hand out applications
Old 07-21-2012, 05:19 AM
Board Regular

TC, head up 85, when you get to the end of the road at RT2 (Williston) make a right, go down about two miles to Business Route 2, it jogs off to the right and is well marked, quite a few outfits down there, including Halliburton, BH, Sanjel, etc... Don't know if anyone will be around though.

And, on 85, just before Williston where the road widens, is Waggoners Trucking, on the left, tan or brownish building, might want to stop in there.

Mike
Old 07-22-2012, 07:19 PM
Rookie

darn it, if i would of known this 5 years ago, i wouldn't be in the mess i am in now.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Rookie

The excitement builds for me. I sent off for hazmat approval letter from the TSA on Thursday, along with my fingerprints. Lady at the DMV said these days it only takes about two weeks. I've had my HME before, so I know I'm good for it. Then I'll have all my endorsements. I'll then feel more prepared for taking on the bakken. I went up to Williston via 85 from SoDak on Saturday and I most certainly feel up to the challenge! Any advice on applying for the big wig companies vs. the smaller companies pros & cons, who offers what and who doesn't? Justruckin said at the beginning of this thread that oilfield companies should offer housing, but it seems like on Craigslist many ads don't offer housing. Are those the fly-by night outfits? Or have some companies just figured it's easier to not provide housing?
Old 07-24-2012, 07:25 AM
Board Regular

It is getting hit and miss on the housing up here. The gouging continues unabated. You have to keep looking, as there are outfits here that provide housing. The company I am with have been thrown out of one RV park already. The outfit that threw us out bought their own trailers to rent out. We were paying $800 a mo per trailer... They now rent theirs for $2-3,000 a month. It is very cutthroat up here lately. Good luck!
Old 07-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Board Regular
Default Just found this...

Looking for a few drivers with their hazmats to haul crude oil in North Dakota. (company drivers, we are not a leaser) We will provide housing. Please email your qualifications and/or your resume.
Compensation: 25%
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

Here is the contact: [email protected]

Do not send any information like SSN or drivers license until you check them out!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:31 AM
Rookie

I don't want to repost the same thing I just posted on the thread of North Dakota Jobs Part 2.
Please see it and reply on either of these places.
I will be watching both of them.

Thank you
Old 07-28-2012, 05:45 AM
Rookie

Hey Justruckin, I was in Williston last November in the WalMart parking lot for a month with my wife and two dogs in the motorhome. The place was busy, and being from California on a mission to see what the truth was (not just Google/youtube..lol) next thing I knew was packing up everything and moving to my friends house in the north of South Dakoata (six hours from Williston). Of course, all I had at the time was ambition and a contractors license from CA to build things, not to mention a driver license to drive a car only. Well, fast forward to now, I have a Commercial license with haz mat, triples, tankers endorsements but no experience YET. My plan is to get up somewhere in North Dakota first of August or so, and not come home 'till I have work. I was going to fill out a bunch of online apps for driving positions, but what to put in the experience box? Any idea where to apply, how to apply if I just go there? I heard of runs up into Canada...I have passport, too. Thanks for any help.