User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 09:50 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Roehl Transport

How are they these days? I know they use to have a good reputation.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:00 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillac View Post
How are they these days? I know they use to have a good reputation.
I left them in June of this year. Miles were down and I am hearing they are low now. Miles have suffered in all companies so I don't know if Roehl is worse than others in that regard. Now as for the company as a whole, I never had a problem with payroll. Things have changed for the worse in management. Drivers are always wrong. My DSR use to be great but she changed. I guess some of that can be contributed to pressure from the higher ups to be more hard nosed. There is no open door policy. Don't dare disagree with what is being said to you or try to give your side of a story. There is only one side and it's theirs.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyed Trucking Girl View Post
I left them in June of this year. Miles were down and I am hearing they are low now. Miles have suffered in all companies so I don't know if Roehl is worse than others in that regard. Now as for the company as a whole, I never had a problem with payroll. Things have changed for the worse in management. Drivers are always wrong. My DSR use to be great but she changed. I guess some of that can be contributed to pressure from the higher ups to be more hard nosed. There is no open door policy. Don't dare disagree with what is being said to you or try to give your side of a story. There is only one side and it's theirs.

This saddens me... I worked for them back in 2005 and they kept me running, kept their promises in regards to getting home, and if I ever had a question my driver manager took care of it no problem. It's a shame to hear they've gone this way.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Senior Board Member

Both I and GEG had quite a number of things to say about Roehl on another thread. I drove for them for 2 years and fought with them for the whole time. From what I understood from talking with long time drivers at the company hq in Marshfield, WI they moved from a very good regional carrier that treated the drivers right to a typical large company with little regard for the drivers. In the right locality you might have a different experiance and do well with them.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:51 PM
PA
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

worked for reohl too.
since i live in pa, they could not get me home.
i wont be going back there.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:28 AM
Rookie

Search past posts on Roehl and you will see how they have changed. I worked for them for a year, and it was the most miserable company I've ever worked for. Stay FAR away from this company, they have no respect for drivers, and promise the world and deliver nothing. Had to quit because it was just unbearable. Also, by far the the CHEAPEST company I've ever worked for. Im not going to go through the details... search my previous posts. All I can do is try to steer other honest people away from this company.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:33 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselgrl View Post
This saddens me... I worked for them back in 2005 and they kept me running, kept their promises in regards to getting home, and if I ever had a question my driver manager took care of it no problem. It's a shame to hear they've gone this way.
Hey diselgrl how is Arrow treating you? I know of a driver (and I use that word loosely in his regard) that worked for him and he complained about them all the time.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyed Trucking Girl View Post
Hey diselgrl how is Arrow treating you? I know of a driver (and I use that word loosely in his regard) that worked for him and he complained about them all the time.
I left Arrow this past year shortly after the birth of my little girl (I had been working in house since late '07). Arrow's full of good people, but the economy had hit them hard right as I left - we had just undergone in house layoffs. I've not heard from friends that still work there how things are going, but I see their looking for flatbed experienced in their ads nowadays which is a promising sign. When I was a lease driver for them, I made good money, got home when I wanted, and had a great relationship with all the offices there. Lately there have been some major shakeups in the higher ups which could be great, bad, or totally indifferent in the end. I'd consider going back to them once the economy pulled up some...right now freight is too limited for me to consider a flat-only company. Diversity through bad times = chances for more miles.
Old 12-11-2009, 10:22 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselgrl View Post
It is a shame. I'm not sure that they are the cheapest company to work for, I did ok on the mileage pay, but they tried to nickel and dime you to death on everything else and refused to pay for things if there was the least reason to get out of it.

Example: I had a delivery on Long Island that was scheduled for 0900. I arrived at the customer at 0900 by my watch and walked up to the check-in, was told what door to back into, went back to my truck and sent my "here I am message" then put it into a door. I was at the customer for 6 hrs. Since they pay detention for anything over 2 hrs this would mean 4hrs paid right? Nope. Since my qualcomm message was sent at 0907 I was 7 minutes late for my appointment so wouldn't be getting any detention pay. I'm not kidding on this. If the dispatcher and her boss had ever driven a truck then they would have realized getting to a customer within 15 mins of the appointment time of 0900 on Long Island was pretty good and well withing the 1 hr leeway the customer allowed. To top it off I was at the customer so long they pulled my next load and I sat in a truckstop the next day waiting for a load. Did I mention that this delivery was the day before Thanksgiving and I sat T-Day in Bordentown?

Dickey crap like that is what I mean about the company going from a good place to work to one that didnt care about the drivers anymore. My only consolation is that Rick lost his shirt when he bought out my old company, the papermill next to it shut down and he had to close the terminal. Payback as far as I'm concerned.

Last edited by jonp; 12-11-2009 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
It is a shame. I'm not sure that they are the cheapest company to work for, I did ok on the mileage pay, but they tried to nickel and dime you to death on everything else and refused to pay for things if there was the least reason to get out of it.

Example: I had a delivery on Long Island that was scheduled for 0900. I arrived at the customer at 0900 by my watch and walked up to the check-in, was told what door to back into, went back to my truck and sent my "here I am message" then put it into a door. I was at the customer for 6 hrs. Since they pay detention for anything over 2 hrs this would mean 4hrs paid right? Nope. Since my qualcomm message was sent at 0907 I was 7 minutes late for my appointment so wouldn't be getting any detention pay. I'm not kidding on this. If the dispatcher and her boss had ever driven a truck then they would have realized getting to a customer within 15 mins of the appointment time of 0900 on Long Island was pretty good and well withing the 1 hr leeway the customer allowed. To top it off I was at the customer so long they pulled my next load and I sat in a truckstop the next day waiting for a load. Did I mention that this delivery was the day before Thanksgiving and I sat T-Day in Bordentown?

Dickey crap like that is what I mean about the company going from a good place to work to one that didnt care about the drivers anymore. My only consolation is that Rick lost his shirt when he bought out my old company, the papermill next to it shut down and he had to close the terminal. Payback as far as I'm concerned.
I totally know what you mean about the nickel and dime crap. What company did he buy out other than Blume Farms? I know he just brought out ORT out of New London Wi. another refeer company. Funny thing is I hardly see any Roehl trucks out there especially refeers. I would love to see Roehl go down the drain. Only thing is I wouldn't want to see drivers lose their jobs. As far as the office people go, I could care less.