User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2010, 05:27 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default schneider's walmart account olney,il

Does anyone have info on the walmart account in Olney,IL for Schneider.
Old 01-23-2010, 10:54 AM
Senior Board Member

You might try pumpkindriver.com, a sight for schneider drivers.
Old 01-23-2010, 01:09 PM

Worked there for a year and a half back from 05-07. When I left we weren't getting hardly any miles. The terminal manager (or whatever they called him) hired a bunch of new drivers we weren't needing. Wal Mart was supposed to be adding a bunch of new product so the freight levels would have increased at some point, but who wants to get 1300 miles a week waiting on that. Also, Schneider is in the process of putting paperless logs in all their trucks. Get used to driving 60 MPH, too.

Your time at home will be fairly predictable. I was on a 5 on 2 off schedule with Tuesday and Wednesday off. They have 5 and 2 with Sat and Sun off, but you won't get on that in the next 10 years. On your first day off (for me Tuesday) they can keep you at work until noon. Most of the time I was off Monday night/Tuesday morning real early, but don't count on it. Then you have to slot for time to come back 48 hours after you leave the DC. Most of the time they will push you out 5-15 hours for a load no matter when you tell them you're available.

You will run Chicago, Indianapolis, Louisville, St. Louis a lot. Plus all the stops in between. At one time Olney was the highest volume DC Wal Mart had, but I don't know if that's still true. That was because of all the Sam's clubs in Chicago and Indy. They went through a lot of product. You get where you know most of the stores, and the other drivers are good about helping with directions.

I lived in Flora (and am moving back in a week) so whenever I had to take a 10 hour break at the DC (which was as often as I could manage) I would drive home (25 miles). Where do you live? There are some other local jobs around there that might get you home more, if you can get them. Overall SNI was a decent place to start, and there are worse truck driving jobs out there.