User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 11:50 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyed Trucking Girl View Post
I would love to see Roehl go down the drain. Only thing is I wouldn't want to see drivers lose their jobs. As far as the office people go, I could care less.
I guess as a driver/office person I need to pop my head back in here. It's sad to hear policy has gotten so bad up there, but I'm sure it's not the idea of everyone in the office to screw over drivers - it's generally a brain wave of upper management and everyone else gets caught in the middle just trying to hang onto their jobs. Being upset with the honchos, yeah, I'm for that 100% when a good company goes crappy....but blaming everyone down the food chain seems to be a touch extreme. Then again, maybe they are all to blame, I can't speak to Roehl's policies inside.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselgrl View Post
I guess as a driver/office person I need to pop my head back in here. It's sad to hear policy has gotten so bad up there, but I'm sure it's not the idea of everyone in the office to screw over drivers - it's generally a brain wave of upper management and everyone else gets caught in the middle just trying to hang onto their jobs. Being upset with the honchos, yeah, I'm for that 100% when a good company goes crappy....but blaming everyone down the food chain seems to be a touch extreme. Then again, maybe they are all to blame, I can't speak to Roehl's policies inside.
I agree that the DSR, fleet managers are generally puppets but when a DSR who is suppose to be a friend (we were socialize together along with our husbands, visit at her home when we were in town and on a layover or 34 hour reset, stands by and helps to hang you out to dry that stinks. At the very least she could have called at my home to see how we were and to explain what happened and at the very least say she was sorry for everything that happened, I wouldn't feel so betrayed. But it is the higher up management that has changed for the worse.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:41 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I totally know what you mean about the nickel and dime crap. What company did he buy out other than Blume Farms? I know he just brought out ORT out of New London Wi. another refeer company. Funny thing is I hardly see any Roehl trucks out there especially refeers. I would love to see Roehl go down the drain. Only thing is I wouldn't want to see drivers lose their jobs. As far as the office people go, I could care less.
He bought the New Hampshire terminal of Wausau Carriers Inc. and the trucks based out of there. The Wausau terminal and trucks were bought by Deboer.

I saw a Roehl reefer in the Wal-Mart DC, Henderson the other day. He also bought a flower refridge company in Marshfield. Guess he wants to expand into reefer freight to go with vans and flats. Vans are bad enough but the loading/unloading times in reefer freight can be so long that if he tries that bull nickel and dime crap like he did me I can't see many drivers putting up with it for long. I see Roehl trucks down here in NC once in awhile which is odd because they have a yard in Atlanta and one in Florence, SC.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
He bought the New Hampshire terminal of Wausau Carriers Inc. and the trucks based out of there. The Wausau terminal and trucks were bought by Deboer.

I saw a Roehl reefer in the Wal-Mart DC, Henderson the other day. He also bought a flower refridge company in Marshfield. Guess he wants to expand into reefer freight to go with vans and flats. Vans are bad enough but the loading/unloading times in reefer freight can be so long that if he tries that bull nickel and dime crap like he did me I can't see many drivers putting up with it for long. I see Roehl trucks down here in NC once in awhile which is odd because they have a yard in Atlanta and one in Florence, SC.
I hardly see any Roehl trucks at all. Maybe one every once in awhile. I use to be in their refeer division and I know what you mean about the loading/unloading time. We lost so much time waiting around. Only good thing was since we drove team it didn't hurt that much but when I was solo it sucks. I find it hard to believe that Roehl is doing well in refeer let alone the other divisions. I guess we will see. On one forum someone posted Wolding was buying out Roehl and on another a Roehl I/C said it was the other way around. Can't say I would be heartbroken if Roehl was brought out.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I hardly see any Roehl trucks at all. Maybe one every once in awhile. I use to be in their refeer division and I know what you mean about the loading/unloading time. We lost so much time waiting around. Only good thing was since we drove team it didn't hurt that much but when I was solo it sucks. I find it hard to believe that Roehl is doing well in refeer let alone the other divisions. I guess we will see. On one forum someone posted Wolding was buying out Roehl and on another a Roehl I/C said it was the other way around. Can't say I would be heartbroken if Roehl was brought out.
Wolding? I heard they were in desperate straights and laying off drivers just like WH. Funny how you hear all kinds of stuff on the road only half of it true and you never really know which half. I think Roehl is kinda big for Wolding to swallow but who knows.

From the way they treated me and the other drivers at my old company I kinda hope they do go under but thats being a little mean on my part.

The next time I see one of their trucks in the DC I'll ask the driver what the news is.
Old 12-17-2009, 04:09 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
Wolding? I heard they were in desperate straights and laying off drivers just like WH. Funny how you hear all kinds of stuff on the road only half of it true and you never really know which half. I think Roehl is kinda big for Wolding to swallow but who knows.

From the way they treated me and the other drivers at my old company I kinda hope they do go under but thats being a little mean on my part.

The next time I see one of their trucks in the DC I'll ask the driver what the news is.
Yeah I guess me hoping they get brought out is mean on my part. No reason for the drivers to suffer. I thought is was strange that Wolding would be in the position to buying out Roehl. The life of a driver. 10% truth 90% BS. LOL
Old 12-18-2009, 01:19 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Yeah I guess me hoping they get brought out is mean on my part. No reason for the drivers to suffer. I thought is was strange that Wolding would be in the position to buying out Roehl. The life of a driver. 10% truth 90% BS. LOL
You get told the truth 10% of the time? Your with a great company, never leave.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 AM
Rookie

I hope Roehl does get bought out. I also hope they allow the drivers to keep their jobs, as it would probably be a huge improvment for the drivers. I used to see Roehl trucks all the time, now they are few and far between. If they do go under, I hope the management gets what they deserve... you can only treat people badly for so long before karma catches up with you.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Rick had great plans to expand into New England and the Southeast. Maybe with the economy tanking and his disaster in New England with my old company he has decided to concentrate on Roehls traditional lanes in the Mid-West for the time being. Of course, this would be to imply some business savvy on his part and from his exploits I wonder about that.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:15 AM
Rookie
Default Roehl transport sux

I left Roehl Dec.12, after being out 11 days on a 7 day run. I sleep in 13-15 degree weather, about froze my butt off. They wouldn't fix the bunk heater and haven't yet, or anything else on the truck for that matter. My partner is still driving the truck, but going to quit as soon as he get's in. We were on the 7 days on then 7 days off. It sounds good, but the tks are a pile of junk and they won't fix anything. They still owe me for 8.25 hrs detention from Dec. 9 and yeasterday the Operations Mgr. at Ellenwood, Ga. said they were not going to pay me. I relayed the load to another driver and he didn't get the bills signed by the receiver like they should have been. That was not my problem, but they said they would not pay. Don't WORK for this ripoff company. Warning, Warning, Warning