User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 02:03 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired in Nevada View Post
I continue to read this board and other truck driver message boards. I have until the second week of December to decide if I want to attend the CDL training program at my local community college -- fully paid for by the state -- and then plunge into OTR trucking.

I'm really torn as I read these boards. So many of you seem to hate OTR trucking. A minority of you seems to like it.

Knight's Las Vegas terminal incessantly runs ads in the Vegas fishwrap and on Vegas Craigslist, which makes me wonder if there is something very wrong with driving for Knight out of its Vegas terminal.

As I mentioned before, it appears that Knight and Swift are my only choices. I have read plenty of negative stuff about Swift on these boards as well.

Frankly, I would rather do something else, like entering the health care field. But I have neither the time nor the money to do that.

I am certain that I will make my decision regarding OTR trucking at the very last moment in December.
Grab some first aid kits and go door to door and you're in the healthcare field.

Last I read, only about 2% of OTR drivers know about CAD. A smaller portion of that post.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
This life certainly isn't for everyone. I started it after getting my B.S. Biology because it's what I want to do. If you value it as little as you do women ( would you call your mother "snatch"?...don't answer that) then find something else.

Your second paragraph substantiates my post. Nothing is stopping you from going back to school. Why don't your do the motoring public a favor and get your angry butt off the road before you hurt someone.

haahh, i'll go get myself a job at mcdonald's and make more money than you, or any other OTR asshat that doesn't know any better.

oh, and when it comes to women, i make my intentions known from the very get-go. if they're looking for a relationship, they had better look elsewhere. it's not what i'm looking for. hey, at least i'm honest. there is nothing wrong with that at all.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:30 AM
Senior Board Member

Then go get a job a McDonald's and stop whining on the msg board. Or won't they hire your ******ed, angry ass? Valium was created for people like you.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:55 PM
Senior Board Member

you see me posting much anywhere on this site? this and a couple of others are the only ones i check. i'll continue to laugh at stupid truckers like yourself who think working for peanuts is a-okay. you had better look into the prime real estate underneath a freeway overpass in the area you live. better yet, learn español and embrace the fact that companies think of stupid drivers like yourself as a migrant farm worker.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:50 PM
Senior Board Member

You continue to prove my point (and your IQ).
Old 11-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonp View Post
You continue to prove my point (and your IQ).