User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2009, 07:56 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default First Fleet

I got me a interview with this company today. Just wondered if anyone has any info on this company like pay wise and benefits, their internet site doesn't specify anything like that. I've heard their a company that has a lot of dedicated routes? Is that all they do is dedicated or is it pretty much OTR running everywhere? They seem to have some pretty nice equipment (newer) anyway. Thankyou for any info!!
Old 10-02-2009, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimpy View Post
I got me a interview with this company today. Just wondered if anyone has any info on this company like pay wise and benefits, their internet site doesn't specify anything like that. I've heard their a company that has a lot of dedicated routes? Is that all they do is dedicated or is it pretty much OTR running everywhere? They seem to have some pretty nice equipment (newer) anyway. Thankyou for any info!!
You are probably going to run on their grocery side, which I think is delivering to Fry's stores. From what I remember when I worked there is that you will probably go to Vegas and Albuquerque a lot. I don't know if you get any general backhauls, but I suppose a lot of return loads are dunnage (milk crates, pallets, returns, etc). I can't say what the pay structure is on the grocery side as I used to drive for them on their International Paper fleet, but last I heard they weren't hiring on that one. I grossed between $750 and $900/week while I was there. I applied with them in late August for a re-hire as I wanted to move back to Arizona to be with my dad while he battles lung cancer, but I haven't heard anything back.

Good luck if you get the position. They are a pretty decent company to drive for.

Last edited by Voyager; 10-02-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:42 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I used to bump into some of their drivers from time to time. I don't recall any of them saying anything negative about the company.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Board Icon

A friend of mine works for First Fleet. He likes it there. They have a terminal here (Wichita Falls). He is a local driver. He runs to DFW, delivering to Kroger's grocery stores. He also has ran up to Denver, "shuttling" trailers back and forth.
First Fleet is a dedicated company. They have many accounts. Mostly grocery stores. They offer good benefits, and I'm sure decent home time. First Fleet pays by the mile, and also by the stop. I'm not familiar with how much they pay.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 10-02-2009, 08:38 PM
Board Regular

Hey thanks everyone for you input, Voyager, i did find out at the interview that they do have a major account with Kroger and he did say I'll be doing routes to Las Vegas and to Albuquerque if I was hired. From what he told me about the job and what they offer, it sounds pretty darn good for the way things are going in our economy. So today I took a physical and a drug test, hopefully that means they wanna hire me! I'm really looking forward to driving those shiny red Volvo's if they do end up hiring me considering that the Volvo is my favorite truck to drive even though they are tempermental with all the electronics and computers they have in them. He also said that I'll have at least 4 stops per route and even if I don't do 4 stops I'll still get paid for it and obviously if I do more than 4 I will get paid for that too. So I'm hoping for the best, wish me luck guys and I'll keep ya posted.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:41 AM
Senior Board Member

good luck wimpy. i hope everything works out for ya
Old 10-03-2009, 01:40 PM
Rookie

Good luck!! If they are as good as they sound, stick to them because it is hard to find any good company these days.
Old 10-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Hey thanks everyone for you input, Voyager, i did find out at the interview that they do have a major account with Kroger and he did say I'll be doing routes to Las Vegas and to Albuquerque if I was hired. From what he told me about the job and what they offer, it sounds pretty darn good for the way things are going in our economy. So today I took a physical and a drug test, hopefully that means they wanna hire me! I'm really looking forward to driving those shiny red Volvo's if they do end up hiring me considering that the Volvo is my favorite truck to drive even though they are tempermental with all the electronics and computers they have in them. He also said that I'll have at least 4 stops per route and even if I don't do 4 stops I'll still get paid for it and obviously if I do more than 4 I will get paid for that too. So I'm hoping for the best, wish me luck guys and I'll keep ya posted.

All the First Fleet trucks I saw in AZ andf CA 3 weeks ago, were WHITE Volvo's!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kroger is First Fleet's primary customer nationwide. Kroger, Nissan and Autozone.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:52 PM
Board Regular

Hey everyone, thanks for you posts and for wishing me good luck, looks like it worked! I start orientation today 10/9. So I'm gonna do my orientation and my drive test today and after that I will go train for a few days and then I'll get my own truck assigned to me. So again thanks everyone and I'm gonna stick it out for a while with this company considering everything sounds pretty good and I'll actually get pretty frequent home time.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Hey everyone, thanks for you posts and for wishing me good luck, looks like it worked! I start orientation today 10/9. So I'm gonna do my orientation and my drive test today and after that I will go train for a few days and then I'll get my own truck assigned to me. So again thanks everyone and I'm gonna stick it out for a while with this company considering everything sounds pretty good and I'll actually get pretty frequent home time.

Congrats Wimpy! I hope everything goes well for you. Keep us updated from time to time.