User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2009, 03:59 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
You've been listening to classic vinyl on satellite radio haven't you.
:rofl::clap::lol2:
Old 05-21-2009, 04:13 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidman82 View Post
Sounds like the same dedicated route that Cardinal Logistics runs. It's HD home deliverys with flatbed and mofit. They will keep you busy in summer and hang you out to dry in the winter.
(If it is the same run) They will get you home every night. They say you will make 55k but it is more like 20k after expenses, if you do lease purchase. That is in the summer. You will end up losing money in the winter, or you will pay them to keep your truck. They will say, "save your money in the summer for the bad winters", "Be a good business man". They will take advantage of drivers who fall into the trap.
Do not do lease puchase with them.
If you own a $3000 tractor you can maybe survive.

Hope this helps.

Actually sidman the run your talking about with cardinal was the store delivery program. I ran that at my home depot. We actually used 3P logistics. I heard Cardinal was in LA and part of San Diego doing the deliveries. The only way to work for them you have to lease the tractor, mophet and trailer, pay for fuel and not have wokmans comp. Total scam.
Old 07-11-2009, 01:48 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
YIKES! I start orientation monday
yikes,pikes me too oh well it is what it is ,i guess i have to make the best of it ,but hey look at the alternative and the economy a bird in hand is worth more than two in the bush,as long as i get the miles and loads that i need to feed my family machs niks .i "ll worry about the small things at a later date
Old 07-12-2009, 06:11 AM
Rookie

My husband started working for JB at the end of May. We have had our share of problems with them, mostly the dispatchers. When he first was thinking about going with them, it was for a local job but it never opened and he just decided to go OTR until it opened and it still hasnt. He ran OTR for two weeks and got onto a dedicated lane, running Illinois to Texas and back. His miles with this has been anywhere from 2200 miles to 2700 on average. but he has had weeks with more miles too. I wouldnt suggest this company to anyone and if it wasnt for the lane he is on now, he probably wouldnt still be with them. Even with this lane he still has to be out 14 days and right now we are looking about 3 1/2 weeks of him being out. Our daughters birthday is today and he was suppose to be home yesterday and wont be until Thursday. If your are willing to deal with the bs and always being lied to, this is the company for ya!! Just wouldnt suggest going OTR, from what we have heard from other drivers they are only get about 1500 miles a week. Good luck and if you go with JB, I hope it works out for you.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbogle View Post
My husband started working for JB at the end of May. We have had our share of problems with them, mostly the dispatchers. When he first was thinking about going with them, it was for a local job but it never opened and he just decided to go OTR until it opened and it still hasnt. He ran OTR for two weeks and got onto a dedicated lane, running Illinois to Texas and back. His miles with this has been anywhere from 2200 miles to 2700 on average. but he has had weeks with more miles too. I wouldnt suggest this company to anyone and if it wasnt for the lane he is on now, he probably wouldnt still be with them. Even with this lane he still has to be out 14 days and right now we are looking about 3 1/2 weeks of him being out. Our daughters birthday is today and he was suppose to be home yesterday and wont be until Thursday. If your are willing to deal with the bs and always being lied to, this is the company for ya!! Just wouldnt suggest going OTR, from what we have heard from other drivers they are only get about 1500 miles a week. Good luck and if you go with JB, I hope it works out for you.
I notice JB's latest round of Sirius advertisements is promoting dedicated accounts - and By Golly if one isn't available when you hire on, you will be next on the list for when one opens up. In any other walk of life it would be called bait and switch.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Smile

A friend of mine is ready to give it a try and give up our safe??? position at R&L to try his luck with an JB Hunt (supposedly) dedicated account. Lets see how that goes and then we go from there.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:02 AM
Default Run

After spending almost 8 months with JB Hunt all I can say if one has plenty of savings to live on then they may be for you. I left and told them the reason was I could make more fliiping burgers at McDonalds. The miles were horrid and the hassles daily were not worth it unless one made a crap load of money and even then maybe not. The corporate office are clueless and seem bent on hating their drivers. The intermodal people were very unhappy and the dedicated was the same. No one was making 2000 plus miles a week there the whole time.