User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2009, 06:12 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
You said in your other thread that it Controlled Regional. What type of trailer(s) will you be pulling?
Yea, Im use to saying regional, but I guess it's called controlled. The recruiter said it used to be called Southwest 6, but they usually run SouthGate, CA to Seattle, to Reno, Vegas, Phoenix and back to LA. Sometimes CO and NM but not often.

Im doing dry van. Kinda worried about that. only pulled a 48ft skateboard.... How am I going to do a LCTC if I cant get the doors open? Will be nice to not have to tarp in the wind :badmood:and cold. heat i'm ok with.
Old 05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post
Yea, Im use to saying regional, but I guess it's called controlled. The recruiter said it used to be called Southwest 6, but they usually run SouthGate, CA to Seattle, to Reno, Vegas, Phoenix and back to LA. Sometimes CO and NM but not often.

Im doing dry van. Kinda worried about that. only pulled a 48ft skateboard.... How am I going to do a LCTC if I cant get the doors open? Will be nice to not have to tarp in the wind :badmood:and cold. heat i'm ok with.

Not only that,,, but you are going to have to go through the hassle of changing your forum signature.

You may want to rethink this whole thing!!:lol:
Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Senior Board Member

I just quit a "controlled dedicated" run with jbhunt after a couple of months so all I can say is good luck to you. I can't recommend this company to anyone.

The bait and switch is alive and well. Several guys in orientation in Atlanta were there because of dedicated job offers and were told "sorry, its gone but we can put you otr". They were tee'd off but took it because they were there which is the company game plan.

Dedicated and Regional: I signed on for SE Regional under the promise of home weekends. Never happened. Worked 19 days straight at one point and ended up getting a load in Tulsa, OK. Can't seem to find OK on my regional map. Pointed this out and was told "tough, thats where the freight is". Asked about the weekend home and Boss laughed and said " you got home for a night last week, what are you complaining about?". That is a quote.

Dedicated: I don't care to be lied to so I was looking for another job and got a call from JB. They were starting a new dedicated position up. Haul pickles from Eastern NC up to Sysco in Front Royal, VA then backhaul down to Eastern NC and do it again. Home weekends and about $42k. Sounds good? Never worked. I got stuck out, backhauls werent there, sat for 2 weekends without a load in Charlotte, couple of days in Winchester, VA and was repeatedly scheduled for work on weekends which I got a load of grief over when I refused because they told me I would be home on weekends.

When I gave my notice and refused to argue with my boss over how great the job was he threatened to blackball me and send people out to look for me if I didnt have the truck back at the terminal in a couple of hours and backed down only after I told him to get his boss on the line and lets have a conference call.

JBHunt has many drivers that have been there for years but I dont know how they do it. Guess they had a more positive experience than I. If I was told I would have a regional or dedicated job and then went to orientation and was told too bad you have to go otr I would get up and walk out. Thats why I always take my pov and a credit card with enough credit to fly anywhere on the planet with me.

If a company lies to you before your even hired do you really want to work there????
Old 05-17-2009, 07:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehotte View Post
Hello everybody. I was just wondering about a dedicated Home Depot run in Allentown, PA for J.B Hunt.
Recruiter told me it pays about 55K and home daily. Now I have a natural mistrust to J.B Hunt.
Is the pay true or too good to be true??? thanks for any info.

Sounds like the same dedicated route that Cardinal Logistics runs. It's HD home deliverys with flatbed and mofit. They will keep you busy in summer and hang you out to dry in the winter.
(If it is the same run) They will get you home every night. They say you will make 55k but it is more like 20k after expenses, if you do lease purchase. That is in the summer. You will end up losing money in the winter, or you will pay them to keep your truck. They will say, "save your money in the summer for the bad winters", "Be a good business man". They will take advantage of drivers who fall into the trap.
Do not do lease puchase with them.
If you own a $3000 tractor you can maybe survive.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:34 PM

Hey SNOWMAN7....I am still at R&L. But they are changing so many things around and NOT for the better.
Due to the bad economy our worktime is soon more dockwork then driving with many more hours and more likely LESS pay then before. Since I have BILLS TO PAY like we all have to do I have to start looking for better options. The sad thing is I really DO LIKE IT here at R&L.
Old 05-19-2009, 03:15 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewercs2 View Post

Be careful opening those doors as big things can fall out and a wind can sail open(close) a door on you!!

Last edited by danske; 05-19-2009 at 03:20 AM.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by unclehotte View Post
Hey SNOWMAN7....I am still at R&L. But they are changing so many things around and NOT for the better.
Due to the bad economy our worktime is soon more dockwork then driving with many more hours and more likely LESS pay then before. Since I have BILLS TO PAY like we all have to do I have to start looking for better options. The sad thing is I really DO LIKE IT here at R&L.

As long as you get 40 hours my advice would be to suck it up and ride this thing out. BOL to you.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danske View Post
Be careful opening those doors as big things can fall out and a wind can sail open(close) a door on you!!
I had the wind slam a door on my the other day! I just laughed at it and told it, "Don't you know who I AM?!?!"

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt
Old 05-21-2009, 01:33 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by matcat View Post
I had the wind slam a door on my the other day! I just laughed at it and told it, "Don't you know who I AM?!?!"
Who are you? Who who who who. I really wanna know.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:38 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumbo View Post
Who are you? Who who who who. I really wanna know.
You've been listening to classic vinyl on satellite radio haven't you.

As I sit looking all around,
Confusion and uncertainty is all I found.
The answers are there,
But I do not know where.
Optimistic and hopeful dreams,
Are all I have so it seems.
The future I do not know,
So all I can do is take it slow.
But I do know it will work out,
So I wait and watch without a doubt