User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Info on JB Hunt's Intermodal division

Does anyone have info on JB. Hunt's intermodal division out of the Milwaukee,wi area
Old 07-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Board Regular

I believe they run a weekly regional schedule, but they told me that living in Madison. You may get thru the house during the week, but what was described to me was not home every night. Milwaukee would probably have you in a day cab tho, going to Chicago and/or green bay, but now I'm just guessing.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Senior Board Member

I would bet more Chicago then Green Bay running. I never could get into intermodal hauling. Didnt want to have to say "I spend most of my day with things going in and out of MY CAN"
Old 07-19-2009, 05:26 PM
Rookie

I have not called anyone from JB Hunt yet I am planning on moving back to WI from CA. I did read on JB Hunts website that you can take the truck home. And all you deliver is in WI and take the container back to Chicago,IL Does anyone know if this is really how it works for the most part.
Old 07-21-2009, 02:06 AM
Default Hello

Josh they are full of it and you will not get intermodal and forced into OTR and even then make no money with this company. Even if you by miracle make it into intermodal they are a joke and the ones I knew there made no money and whined anytime I saw them. This is a joke for a company and anyone wants any info send me a message. I just spent 8 months with them and left as they were every bit as bad as they are known for.
Old 07-21-2009, 04:02 AM

I went to a JB Hunt orientation a long time ago I was told I was going to get a dedicated position. Well that didn't happen I was forced into OTR, the position was magically filled when I got there. The truck does not go home they are a slip seating company, trucks must stay at terminals or approved parking areas on hometime. If you take 1-2 days off you will lose your truck. This was told to me from the regional director at the time. I didn't like what I saw and heard so I came home and got another job, this was several years ago things might have changed? I know the process was pretty strict, really thorough background checks with local, state, and federal law enforcement as well as INTERPOL, hair follicle drug test, physical from their doc, work well assessment test (lifting weights, climbing ladders, stairs, brisk walking, heart rate monitors, blood pressure, etc.), road test in a van, then a road test in a tractor trailer. All for plain jane slow trucks and a whopping .35/mi at the time. But it's true they say if you can get hired there you can get hired anywhere.