User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 02:51 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Any Roehl drivers out there?

What do you think of the company? How is the pay and miles driven per week? They told me 28.5 cmp van and 31.5 cpm flatbed plus tarping. I am in SC if that makes any difference.
Paid overlays, loading/unloading, etc?
I am considering going through their training program and want to know all I can up front before making the decision. I have spoken with them on the phone and they seem very nice (as opposed to someone I talked to at Watkins-Shepard) Not trying to stir up anything but they really rubbed me the wrong way.
Anyway, I just wanted to get a viewpoint from someone that has driven for them for a while and not just a 3 month disgruntled employee that cannot get along with anyone..save those for someone else.
I have not made up my mind totally whether I am going through their program, or take class here and then apply as a recent grad.
Thanks for the help.
Old 05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
Rookie

Nevermind the Roehl information, I have 3 misdemeanors dating over 15 years ago and they said that is not doable since they drive into Canada. Guess my search continues.

SR
Old 06-09-2009, 03:09 AM
Rookie

Consider yourself lucky. I use to think Roehl was a decent company. I found out the hard way they are deceitful.
Old 06-09-2009, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulRacer View Post
(as opposed to someone I talked to at Watkins-Shepard) Not trying to stir up anything but they really rubbed me the wrong way.
That's too bad, I drove for them in the past and have always thought of them as a very good company for new drivers (and experienced)
Old 06-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RottsATruckin View Post
That's too bad, I drove for them in the past and have always thought of them as a very good company for new drivers (and experienced)
They have really changed in the past 2 years. Too long to explain but just suffice it to say they are not the driver friendly company everyone thought they were.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Rookie

Thank the Lord that you were turned down. I worked there for a year.... it was by FAR the worst company Ive ever worked for. Honestly, I cant see how they are still in business. They told me all the same BS over the phone too.... LIES, LIES, LIES!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post
Thank the Lord that you were turned down. I worked there for a year.... it was by FAR the worst company Ive ever worked for. Honestly, I cant see how they are still in business. They told me all the same BS over the phone too.... LIES, LIES, LIES!!!
If a driver likes to bend over on a consistent basis, never express their displeasure over no miles, screwy load planners or do not have the nerve to defend themselves when they are being hung out to dry (at Roehl the driver is always wrong and always at fault) then Roehl is the company for you and they will love you. On the other hand if you are the type to speak up when you feel something is wrong you will be told you are behaving in misconduct and on the verge of insubordination.

Like I said any time an issue arises, it will always be the driver's fault even if you have pictures to defend your position. If a meteor should fall to earth and hit a Roehl truck while sitting still in traffic, Roehl will spin the event to their favor and make it a preventable accident. Another entry in the driver's file.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:33 AM
Rookie
Default So I guess that's that

Wow,all the stuff you learn from you guys, does anybody have advice about what companies don't suck?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapatorr View Post
Wow,all the stuff you learn from you guys, does anybody have advice about what companies don't suck?
EVERY COMPANY is going to have folks that have had a problem with them. It's finding a company that SUCKS THE LEAST it seems...

Rick
Old 07-13-2009, 12:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapatorr View Post
Your going to learn in this business son that you can have over 70 drivers in a room with the same company and i'll guarantee you that 35 will be happy and joyful and the other 35 will be bitchy and angry..

Take me and Jonp for example, even though we work out of two different warehouse, we both pull for Schneider on the Wal Mart Account, Me from Virginia, Him From North Carolina...

I personally hate this account, the only thing i like about it is parking at Wal Marts and looking at broads when i go into the store. I can give a you a list of things i hate but i don't want to waste your time..

On the other hand Jonp loves it (well at least it seems that way), so every driver is going to have his way of how he wants things run at an truck company for him to work for...

Like Someone said on her i believe, Finding a Decent Trucking Job is like finding someone to marry... you just looking for someone to put up with your mess that can put up with your mess also..