User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2009, 05:56 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood View Post
I really hated reading your story Green... I just find it really hard to believe that Roehl is still in business after treating drivers like this. I dont know how they have any customers either, as the company is so disorginized they would get the loads/times wrong so often. Once I was sent to Ohio only to find out when I got there that I was supposed to deliver at a place in Michigan, and was told wrong. It seems things like this are all too common with them. I just really hope others read this message board and avoid making the wrong decision and go to work for this horrible company. I hope you are working for a great company now. I love my current company... unfortunately we are not hiring right now.
I think Roehls customer base is shrinking. I've been out for 3 weeks and counted a handful of Roehl's trucks. 2 flatbeds, 3 vans and 2 refeers. I think it's funny that if you go to their website the only award they have posted is the P&G award from 2008. Was just at one location and there were about 30 Schneider trailers to 1 lonely Roehl trailer. And what about those "new" frieght lanes for the refeers. I guess old Jeffy boy in refeers is doing a bang up job. Also the fleet manager L.S. Got to watch her, she will stab you in the back in a heart beat.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
I heard Roehl was a good company.
They are really tight with a buck. Benefits are over priced and don't cover much. It's a real goofy culture.

They love to nit pick you on service failures to avoid paying bonuses. I got a failure for any early delivery at a WMT DC. It was a routine loaded trailer drop from Sterlite with a 24-hour window. But good ol Roehl put an 03:45 delivery in the QC. I got to WMT a couple minutes after midnight. Security said drop it at space XYZ1000 and have a good night. Next morning the dooshbag dispatcher is harassing me about my service failure.

I got even by "managing" to run out of hours with a high value load of cross bows for Bass Pro Shops. I literally parked 5-miles from the place and took a ten hour break. I had perfect cover with the live load, Roehl's routing, and Roehl's prescribed fuel stops.

I knew it wasn't the right thing to do. I also new I was getting out of Roehl. I also the dispatcher was a sniveling little creep.

Dispatchers are a lot like security guards. The have a misplaced sense of power that always gets them in trouble.
Old 09-22-2009, 05:58 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by geargrinder View Post
They are really tight with a buck. Benefits are over priced and don't cover much. It's a real goofy culture.

They love to nit pick you on service failures to avoid paying bonuses. I got a failure for any early delivery at a WMT DC. It was a routine loaded trailer drop from Sterlite with a 24-hour window. But good ol Roehl put an 03:45 delivery in the QC. I got to WMT a couple minutes after midnight. Security said drop it at space XYZ1000 and have a good night. Next morning the dooshbag dispatcher is harassing me about my service failure.

I got even by "managing" to run out of hours with a high value load of cross bows for Bass Pro Shops. I literally parked 5-miles from the place and took a ten hour break. I had perfect cover with the live load, Roehl's routing, and Roehl's prescribed fuel stops.

I knew it wasn't the right thing to do. I also new I was getting out of Roehl. I also the dispatcher was a sniveling little creep.

Dispatchers are a lot like security guards. The have a misplaced sense of power that always gets them in trouble.
Good luck to you. While the newbies are still on their honeymoon and think Roehl is great, they will soon learn the ugly truth. I just finished talking to one of their teams that we got friendly with and let him know what happened to us, especially me. I also told him that our dispatcher which is still his, is a back-stabbing b*****. I know that will get back to her.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeneyed Trucking Girl View Post
Good luck to you. While the newbies are still on their honeymoon and think Roehl is great, they will soon learn the ugly truth. I just finished talking to one of their teams that we got friendly with and let him know what happened to us, especially me. I also told him that our dispatcher which is still his, is a back-stabbing b*****. I know that will get back to her.
lol, I had several "service failures" for delivering too early with Roehl. Imagine that, delivering too early. I can see it if you show up at a customer for a live unload too early and they can't take it but I got mine like yours, for dropping at a DC too early. Load of crap. Roehl sucks.
Your solution is pretty good.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:47 AM
Rookie
Default Roehl transport sux

Just don't work for Roehl, they absolute do not do what they say they well. I was very disappointed with them. They still owe me money which I was told yesterday by the Operations mgr. in Ellenwood, Ga. that I WOULD NOT GET MY DETENTION PAY.