User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Schneider Tank Division

What can you guys tell me about the Schneider tanker division?

I already have my TWIC card, HM & tanker endorsements.

I have been talking to the Houston area recruiter for Schneider. But I would rather hear the whole truth from this side of the fence. The recruiter says that I can get around 2400-2600 miles per week, at a rate of 39¢ per mile, getting me home 1 or 2 days a week.

I know that 2400-2600 miles per week really sucks, but where I'm at right now, I am getting about 1300 per week, and then you get to sit for 3 to 5 days before your next run.

Looking at the SNI website, it said to ask about their bulking hauling program.
What is the difference between hauling tanker & bulk hauling?
Old 07-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Board Regular

Tanker = bulk
schneider bulk is practically a separate company, but the same letterhead.
the rest of the info you have seems consistent with what I know from the few sni drivers i've met. out for about a week at a time, 39 cpm for experienced drivers, afaik sni doesn't train bulk drivers atm.
Are you doing tanker now?
Old 07-17-2009, 12:57 AM

hiring freeze on drivers with less then 6 month
Old 07-17-2009, 01:32 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powderkeg View Post
What can you guys tell me about the Schneider tanker division?

I already have my TWIC card, HM & tanker endorsements.

I have been talking to the Houston area recruiter for Schneider. But I would rather hear the whole truth from this side of the fence. The recruiter says that I can get around 2400-2600 miles per week, at a rate of 39¢ per mile, getting me home 1 or 2 days a week.

I know that 2400-2600 miles per week really sucks, but where I'm at right now, I am getting about 1300 per week, and then you get to sit for 3 to 5 days before your next run.

Looking at the SNI website, it said to ask about their bulking hauling program.
What is the difference between hauling tanker & bulk hauling?
If your in the Houston area, go down to one of the truck-stops on I-10 or on the 610 loop. Talk with some of the Schneider driver's that are hanging around there. Go down to the terminal and talk with the drivers.

The thought of hustling 2400 miles a week with a tank gives me the willies!! But....as a company driver you should be able to get it. Especially with SNI-Bulk pulling all the dedicated freight that they are pulling.
Old 07-20-2009, 07:57 AM

I ran teams for SNI and was treated very well, it was one of the few jobs that I enjoyed while driving. I never had any of the BS I have read about, but I just drove and kept my mouth shut. We would stay out 4-6 weeks and take 5 days off. Never once did anyone say a word about our hometime. We also took every load assigned to us and had no service faliures, communication is the name of the game with SNI, let them know what you are doing and they will leave you alone. I would go 2-3 weeks without hearing from my DBL sometimes. I was always reimbursed for every expense and never had to fight for anything I was owed. If i was ever going to drive again it would be with SNI, I would not even consider anyone else. It has been over a year since I have been there and things may have changed, but my time there was as good as it gets. Teams never wait for a load and rarely get crap loads, if we did they made it up to us with a nice cross country run, and a very liberal delivery window. We got high value and expidited loads and our truck was set at 67 MPH. As stated teams got the best trucks and the best miles, any problems, just a phone call always made it right.

Heres an example of how SNI treated me, I came off TAH and got the flu the first day back, our truck was in the shop for a PM. They put me and my co-driver up in a hotel for the night, and called me to see how I was feeling, I said lousy, I had a high fever. They sent my co-driver to the airport to get a rental and he came back with a Toyota Forerunner, he drove me home where i stayed for three days. I called to tell that I was ready to go back to work, they rented me a car to drive back to Fontana, put me up in a motel for the night and had us ready with a load the next day. I live in Fresno and never had todrive my POV to pick up my truck, they either got me a rental car or found a tractor for me to drive. If our truck was ever down we got a rental car and a motel room, always. If our truck was in Fontana for repair and it was going to be more than a day or so, we always got a rental car to drive home and back to Fontana. If you say a company that treats drivers like they did me is bad, I'm not sure what you are looking for. We had the best DBL and she knew how to treat her drivers, everytime I got to West Memphis, I would stop in and see her and she would sit and talk with you as long as you wanted, she was the best, and really loved her drivers.