Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   Schneider - overall is it okay? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/37338-schneider-overall-okay.html)

Zen Road Warrior 03-09-2009 11:57 PM

Schneider - overall is it okay?

Hey folks, Am seriously considering Schneider out here in Los Angeles. Have 1.5 years experience in van.

Overall is it okay there? Like that it is "safe and legal" and allows pets.

Should I have a heads up about anything?

Could anyone give any tips with going with them?

Unless, of course, someone could recommend another company here in L.A. that allows pets with 1.5 years experience......

Thanks

reed0427 03-10-2009 01:00 AM

I'm no expert, but they have been in business a very long time and in today's economy that says a lot. You can hardly go wrong with someone who knows the business like they do. You won't get rich, but you'll probably still have a job next year.

tombestonebilly 03-10-2009 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen Road Warrior (Post 441847)
Hey folks, Am seriously considering Schneider out here in Los Angeles. Have 1.5 years experience in van.

Overall is it okay there? Like that it is "safe and legal" and allows pets.

Should I have a heads up about anything?

Could anyone give any tips with going with them?

Unless, of course, someone could recommend another company here in L.A. that allows pets with 1.5 years experience......

Thanks

Gotta take what you can get in this market son. We'll all be in the soup line soon enough the way this is going.

I personally wouldn't pull for those guys after what they did to me at Schneider Transport. You don't know bu we were the union division of SNI until ole Al and Don Schneider got together back in the mid 80's and tried to break us up and send all the work over to you guys at National. But we fought em tooth and nail and today there's still a few Transport guys there just waiting around until they retire but at one time we were 2500 strong. I still get pension check from Schneider Transport just as regular as clockwork which I photocopy and send each and every one to Don Schneider up at Green Bay with a copy of my middle finger. :lol2::lol2:

P A Frederick 03-10-2009 01:28 AM

Schneider doesn't allow any pets in their trucks.

Might check a reefer company running out of LA. I know Earl Henderson allows pets and runs a lot out to LA. They are out of Salem, IL.

I worked for SNI for 1 1/2 years but I was on a Wal Mart dedicated account in Illinois, so I can't help you too much. I didn't make anything, but I went with them when I had zero experience and they trained me. I was averaging 1300 miles a week at 31 1/2 cents a mile, but most of that I blame on the terminal manager.

Good luck with whatever you do...

Jumbo 03-10-2009 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombestonebilly (Post 441868)
Gotta take what you can get in this market son. We'll all be in the soup line soon enough the way this is going.

I personally wouldn't pull for those guys after what they did to me at Schneider Transport. You don't know bu we were the union division of SNI until ole Al and Don Schneider got together back in the mid 80's and tried to break us up and send all the work over to you guys at National. But we fought em tooth and nail and today there's still a few Transport guys there just waiting around until they retire but at one time we were 2500 strong. I still get pension check from Schneider Transport just as regular as clockwork which I photocopy and send each and every one to Don Schneider up at Green Bay with a copy of my middle finger. :lol2::lol2:

Do you have copies of you middle finger already made up or do you make a new one each month? That made me laugh.

Mpneypit 03-10-2009 04:35 AM

^^^^^^^^^^ NIce one LOL

GTR SILVER 03-10-2009 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by P A Frederick (Post 441871)
Schneider doesn't allow any pets in their trucks.

Might check a reefer company running out of LA. I know Earl Henderson allows pets and runs a lot out to LA. They are out of Salem, IL.

I worked for SNI for 1 1/2 years but I was on a Wal Mart dedicated account in Illinois, so I can't help you too much. I didn't make anything, but I went with them when I had zero experience and they trained me. I was averaging 1300 miles a week at 31 1/2 cents a mile, but most of that I blame on the terminal manager.

Good luck with whatever you do...

1300 miles a week ....!!!! @ 31.5cpm....!!!!!!==== 409.50 a :hellno:week...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...........why....... .........???????:whistle::whistle:

Hawkjr 03-10-2009 07:19 AM

Go Pull Cans out in LA Zen.. Schneider is cutting cost every which way.. But hey it's your choice, plus i run dedicated anyways.. Go to Pumpkindriver.com and those guys will help you more, i don't go over there much cause you don't get as many wise ass remarks over there and u do over here.. and yeah i typed it right lol

marcel27208 03-10-2009 02:21 PM

SNI= all i hear is company drivers complaining about miles........

Snowman7 03-10-2009 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkjr (Post 441913)
Go Pull Cans out in LA Zen.. Schneider is cutting cost every which way.. But hey it's your choice, plus i run dedicated anyways.. Go to Pumpkindriver.com and those guys will help you more, i don't go over there much cause you don't get as many wise ass remarks over there and u do over here.. and yeah i typed it right lol

:lol::lol::lol:
So then you like wiseass remarks! Must be a glutton for punishment. We'll keep that in mind! :thumbsup: