User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I think times are tight ,but I also think companies have used the economy ,and the high prices of diesel to hype up the need for idle policies and rally the more simple minded drivers behind their cause ,So they can cut the overhead of idle fuel from their sitting trucks ,and attempt to run the trucks as if they were day cabs where the driver turns the key off at the end of shift ,and heads home . I've got a hard time with the idle policies based on saving money ,because most of these big carriers don't seem to be trimmng from the top ,and are expecting drivers to not only sit most of the week earning no money ,but doit cold/hot now so the head executives can keep their 6 figure incomes ,and private jets ...My opinion is that fuel has been high for years ,so apu equipment should have been being ordered on trucks years ago ,But it's far cheaper to not buy the proper equipment ,and just tell the driver not to idle or it will cost you .
Old 02-08-2009, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman7 View Post
The best reply I have heard would be to ask him if the office staff has to pay to heat the building!

I can answer that one. During the past week or so I have been in the Knoxville, Nashville and Olive Branch terminal offices. They were all, without exception, nice and toasty warm.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Reading this thread gave me a headache.

If any of these "messages" made it past the delete button at the dispatch desk...I bet some "others" got headaches from trying to read them.

That aside.....Your absolutely right as to the direction and nature of your complaint.

Seriously though...If you want any "Manager" to take you serious on something, you need to structure the message in a coherent format.

That goes for any company driver, whom chooses to send a message to the "Higher" beings in a corporate office. If "Safety" is your focus, use facts and figures to back up your reasoning. Use the FMCSA drivers handbook, quote the regulation verbatim in the message, including each page identifier.

Ramblings like this, get you exactly what you have....the need for a new job..and nothing else.

I'm not trying to be mean or derogatory here. I am simply trying to show you the need for proper sentence structure and proper grammer, when it comes to getting someone whom is totally disconnected from a situation, to see what you are unhappy about, and the reasoning behind your stance.