User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 03:36 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Bulkmatic??

Howdy all. I'm looking for a little recent info on Bulkmatic out of Griffin, IN.

I just filled out an application last night for them. I talked to the recruiter last Monday. She said I lived in a good area and my work and safety history were good. I just had a few questions:

What transmission do they run in their trucks?

Do they have pretty good power or are they pretty weak? I was hoping since it was bulk, they would have higher HP trucks than most of the larger van fleets.

What kind of home time can you expect? I live in Knoxville, so I'm not too far from the CSX transfer station here.

Do you have to park at a terminal/transfer station, or can you park at a truckstop when you go home? Like I said, I live relatively close to the Knoxville transfer station, so if I can park there and park my pickup while I'm out, that'll be o.k. with me.

What lanes would I most likely be running in from Knoxville? Just wondering which way I'd be heading most often. Probably really no way to tell. I'd say not too much west as there is a transfer station in Nashville.

Thanks for your help. I'm going to call the recruiter again Monday now that my app is in. Wish me luck!
Old 02-08-2009, 09:27 PM

I know the bulk tankers in our fleet that hauls limestone are the same engines as the flatbeds. No extra power. I would venture out and say there trucks are prolly the basic setup as any other company