User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvnd1953 View Post
Darn, dewercs2. They keep you running. You have time to coach a team? Thinking of trying regional. Can always go back to linehaul. Do you know what happened to the office in Ontario? Thanks for taking the time to post your loads and pay.
Our loads dried up when that office opened.... strange how I found out that they were agents for Arrow and not employees. I had also heard that they were Landstar Agents. When I asked them in the Ontario office they denied it.

One of the regional drivers told me that he had blocked his ID when he called into the office and said he wanted another sack load coming out of Compton area. The person in the office said sure no problem we have a few ready for tommorrow, When you due in. When the driver ID himself as a Arrow driver the office person started stuttering and placed him on hold. When the line was picked up again he was told there were no loads available and was hung up on. :roll: We think our freight was being given to other drivers.

Im not coaching baseball anymore. I use to coach my son for about 6-7yrs. His freshman year 2yrs ago I and another parent were asked if we could coach the Frosh Team. We said sure since most of the Frosh were our kids that we had coached the year before to a District Cahmpionship for Pony Baseball.

During that season my wife began to work with the Booster Club and I would help out as much as possible. In the Soph yr my wife became the Booster Secratary for that year.

Frosh season came to an end and the other dad and I were told to keep our keys to the baseball field which we did and would come in on weekends to work with kids. At the end of the Soph yr our Varsity coached resigned and moved to Norte Vista-Riverside where he is in 1st place. The school is a higher division school and was a slam dunk for him to move to. At this sametime I was nominated and became the Booster Club Prez.

My term was to run till the end of this May or June (forget which). anyway.... The new Varsity Coach and I started off on the right foot but it went to heck pretty quickly. He was eliminating everything the Booster club had in place. Fund Raisers, Snackbar storage and setup location, our keys were taken and no access allowed to anything.... supplies were moved to a shed where rats/mice would get into, till we placed in a parents home. BBQ's were left outside..... No parents were allowed to do anything at the fields anymore. Mind you... The Boosters had already raised about 45k in funds for the program in 9yrs. The culture was to help. Parents had gotten together in previous years and built brick dugouts, poured cement, purchased and built batting cages.....He killed all that.

He and I had a conversation as to why my son was going to a hitting instructor who was teaching my son to compact his swing and learn to either go with a pitch or pull it. Varsity coach said he hits my way or he doesn't play. The last conversation that I had with him was the reason why my son and the previous prez son were exchanging a note that had the contact info for Lake Elsinore Storms Stadium. I told him the I had had a conversation with the previous President and that he was to send contact info with his son to me via my kid. That the Boosters have had the end of season banquet at the stadium for 6yrs now and I was getting the info togther and would come to him with a list of dates the facilities were available for the players banquet so he could decide the date.

I was told that this was his program and that he would decide if and where a banquet would be held and that he had the right to disolve the Booster club. I agreed with him that he did. He then said great then there wont be a problem then. You are disbanded and I would like to have the Booster money account placed into the ASB account. So about 16k has been moved into the school and our account closed.

Since I am not at home during the games I get regular calls from 2 parents as to how my son is doing or not since he sits the bench along with last years starting shortstop who was honorable mention 2nd team in the region. The coach has a kid who DH's for a few kids who is 4-36 at bats. There is so much turmoil on that team that parents who I would only say hi to were now calling me and venting about the lack of coaching etc.. this year. A couple parents have gotten together and called for a meeting and asked that I please attend this sat, which was yesterday. I had about 10 families get together and they all vented. One had contacted the local sports reporter who was suppose to attend but was unable to. She did call me friday night when I was in Phoenix and asked to have a sit down tommorrow (Monday).

It was an eyeopener as to what I heard what was going on. I thought it was only me and my wife and couple other parents felt this way. The agreement was that all parents want this guy gone. If we have to all face the school board then so be it.

I made sure to say I might not be able to make it since I am now a truck driver. And Im not the Prez anymore.... Kinda nice not being it, since all the stress was pulled away.... or so I thought....
Old 05-11-2009, 05:58 AM
Board Regular

If your getting runs on Line Haul stay there..... call me.

to comlete the previous epic....

I was headed to OK but half way up the 70 by Anchon, NM I received a call to head to El Paso and repower with another driver there. The load I would be picking up would get me to phoenix where I would drop trailer in yard and hook another trailer that would take me to Hemet. This is a steel trailerissedoff: with about 11k on it. It goes to a winco that is being built here in town. I'm to deliver mon at 7am.
Old 05-11-2009, 06:41 AM
Board Regular

Arrow safe stat score has gone from 99 to a 69. :thumbsup::clap:
Old 05-11-2009, 02:18 PM
Senior Board Member

Arrow usually does not put anything on your DAC till AFTER you are gone. So if/when you leave keep a close eye on your DAC....cause 70% of the info they report is FALSE. Bo had stuff put on his DAC that was so totally insane it wasnt even funny. He got it fixed but still was a PIA!!

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM

Thanks tootie04. Politics in everything huh Paul? I'll call you this week sometime. I'm getting off a week of hometime here. That's interesting about the Ontario office. Drive safe.
Old 05-12-2009, 11:57 PM
Senior Board Member

i agree with what you said about the Ontario office....I had suspisions of that when Bo was driving for arrow and running out west.

tootie

Adopt a Minpin
minpinrescue.org
Old 05-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Board Regular

Made my drop and given a plan to DH to Adelanto and hook to a preloaded trailer! whoohoooo.... get rid of this steel trailer! :thumbsup:

Get to Adelanto and into the shipper. First trailer I see is another steel... then I spot an aluminum...:thumbsup: Drop my trailer and drive over and hook to it. Do a quick pretrip and spot that there's a 1" gap between 5th and trailer.... pull out from it, lower the gear and pull back.... 1/4" now.... lower gear somemore... Im good... Then I think I don't want to take a chance so I pull the pin release and pull out again..... lower gear.. I know... but what the heck... Back under and it feels right, take a look.... looks right.:thumbsup:

Airing up and checking lites... what's the air leak coming from..... hmmm :roll:

At this place the shipper uses large forklifts to lift and move empty trailers around. A driver had slid the forks under the trailer between the spreads and had knocked the little drain valve off the air tank:zzz:

I called a guy over and showed him. He jumped on his radio and within 20 minutes a maintinance guy was under the trailer putting a plug in the tank so I could get.

20 minutes later I'm strapped down with 4 45ft plastic W/cement pipes on the deck. Get to the gate and paperwork is processed 15minutes after that and I'm running up the 395 towards the 58. I'm suppose to be in Paso Robles at 7am offload.

Spent the night in Beautiful Lost Hills, CA at the Pilot here:smokin: since I dont know of anything in Paso Robles... Later I find out that there is a truck stop but it's closed down.

I left Lost Hills and ran the 46 over to Paso Robles. Got to the gate at 645am and drove to the offload location.... Myself and another Arrow driver were here. The pipes are in numerical order so they must be offload in series. I was the 2nd to last of 10 trucks... It took these guys on average about 45minutes per truck to offload. I was empty by 1215/1230pm. I had spent about 5.25 hrs here.

I had a load to DH back to Adelanto:hellno::tears: and come back to this location by 7am tommorow. I don't like the idea of driving for free 5hrs but thats life being %. As I'm running east I'm trying to calculate how I'm going to do this.... Figured that there's no legal way I can do. QC arrow and say just that...detained at drop 5.25hrs has eaten into the 14hrs and keep trying to figure how to run this, but think it not possible to get back at 7am legally.

I get a QC back and told that load is pulled off me.... So I sit here and beautiful Lost Hills, CA.
Old 05-13-2009, 03:18 AM
Board Regular

The only good thing about Lost Hills is that you're only about 15 miles from Buttonwillow, where you can at least get a halfway decent meal at the Willow Ranch.

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"
Old 05-13-2009, 04:51 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightsChromeHorsepower View Post
The only good thing about Lost Hills is that you're only about 15 miles from Buttonwillow, where you can at least get a halfway decent meal at the Willow Ranch.
Dang it..... Forgot I was that close! Ugh and I have nothing but time tonight to enjoy a meal from Wendys....:tears:
Old 05-13-2009, 05:11 AM
Board Regular

There may be a Mexican restaurant there, up by the freeway on the south side.

I can't remember-Love's has Arby's & the Pilot has Wendy's? What a gastronomical choice!

Enjoy your meal!

-Jack Kerouac, "Mexico City Blues"