User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2009, 04:48 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Good then go off to work for .15 CPM DH and .21 CPM loaded at an average of 1800 mi loaded and 400 DH ...For a total of 2200 mi wk and $438.00 gross ...Fact is I can't stand the...it's what you make it slogan b.s. ,because only a crack head could honestly like what can be made at some OTR companies ,so unless you're retired and just traveling ...won the lotto and need no income from a job ... you're going to need a solid income ,which is something many of these companies don't provide ,so only a tweaker could find something good in a trucking company that yields less income than a C-store attendant .

I'm not bagging all OTR companies just the ..."it's what you make it" statemet because there are a handfull of OTR companies that offer nothing to be made there in a financially positive way ,so only a low rent individual could be happy at them .

My OTR experience isn't as dismal as you suggest. You also can factor in that the company is paying for my CDL school, my physicals, endorsements, and other bennies like 401k and insurances, as well as providing opportunities. So.. nope.. not a crackhead because I don't agree with you. :eek2:
Old 01-25-2009, 04:52 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
I'm not bagging all OTR companies just the ..."it's what you make it" statemet because there are a handfull of OTR companies that offer nothing to be made there in a financially positive way ,so only a low rent individual could be happy at them .
So basically your are agreeing with his statement then?

"for some it will work,others it will not"

Or are "low rent individuals" not included.

I would never disparage anyone for givng it a honest try at any company. Obviously there are better companies that one could go to, but alot of times it is what one makes out of it.

Old 01-25-2009, 08:09 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Talking

Quote:
,so only a tweaker could find something good in a trucking company that yields less income than a C-store attendant
Hey Big Jeep! Along with 'Snatch,' another movie on the "must see" list would be "Salton Sea." Trust me on this one if you haven't seen it. Val Kilmer's bravo performance. Tweakers defined. That must be where Wiener finds their maintenance staff!:lol:

I used to have a good laugh every time that I would be headed to LA on I-10 and would see the "Salton Sea State Park" sign.

Old 01-26-2009, 02:53 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobry4u View Post
My OTR experience isn't as dismal as you suggest. You also can factor in that the company is paying for my CDL school, my physicals, endorsements, and other bennies like 401k and insurances, as well as providing opportunities. So.. nope.. not a crackhead because I don't agree with you. :eek2:

Just because you don't agree ,don't mean it is not the truth .
Old 01-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Board Icon

Big Jeep and Belpre:

We both know you don't like OTR. We get it. It's time to let it go already. This place is called "ClassADrivers.com", not "ClassADriversButOnlyIfYouAreLocal.com". There are people here who drive OTR and love their job. There is nothing wrong with that. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not right for someone else.

So let it go already. It's already beyond old.

Thanks.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago View Post
Big Jeep and Belpre:

We both know you don't like OTR. We get it. It's time to let it go already. This place is called "ClassADrivers.com", not "ClassADriversButOnlyIfYouAreLocal.com". There are people here who drive OTR and love their job. There is nothing wrong with that. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not right for someone else.

So let it go already. It's already beyond old.

Thanks.

Its been old for months now, I cant seem to understand why they never get tired of typing the same old repetitive statements time after time. They must be real darlings to spend time with in person.
Old 02-10-2009, 01:40 AM
Senior Board Member

There Is only one way you will find out about a company. The only way you can form an honest opinion of most companies is to work for them. There are ppl that don't like swift, even though I tend to agree on some fronts, overall they were ok for me. I worked for risinger bros out of morton Il. and even though I think they were going downhill in the end I can't say anything realy bad about them, they kept me running as hard as I was willing to run. I never had downtime on the road with them. As others said, it is what you make of it. If you can't deal with the BS just start looking for other companies once you qualify.