Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   USA Truck? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/36821-usa-truck.html)

JayMan 01-16-2009 10:25 PM

USA Truck?

Done a search and didnt see much info. Im looking at getting my CDL through C-1 in Indianapolis. Talked to them on the phone today. Say they represent USA, Star Transport, Werner, and maybe 1 or 2 other companies.

I have noted some negative sentiments about Star and Werner. But, I dont see much feedback about USA. Anybody here know anything about them?

WarHorse 01-23-2009 10:37 PM

They are downsizing and treat their drivers poorly.

belpre122 01-24-2009 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayMan (Post 434414)
Done a search and didnt see much info. Im looking at getting my CDL through C-1 in Indianapolis. Talked to them on the phone today. Say they represent USA, Star Transport, Werner, and maybe 1 or 2 other companies.

I have noted some negative sentiments about Star and Werner. But, I dont see much feedback about USA. Anybody here know anything about them?

Be a bit more specific about how you conducted your search. Tell me what your searched, what you found, and why you feel it is "didn't see much info." Then I will tell you why you didn't find what you were looking for............

Promise that you are rushing and not utilizing the search engine properly. What are you really looking for! We'll find it!

coastie 01-24-2009 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarHorse (Post 435501)
They are downsizing and treat their drivers poorly.

Down sizing true but treat poorly? Guess it how you look at things I guess but they treated me good.

USA Truck not the best, but what I seen they are fair. go out and give them an Honest days work, and they will keep you rolling. Communicate with your Fm, and do your best you should not have problems. I've ran late on a load due to Snow, no problem. Over slept and I was honest and had no problems. Out of hours, They will tell you take your break. I have gotten out of 2 loads I really did not want thanks for being out of hours and in turn gotten a better load.

Did i have problems with them? Yes, but I would have problems with any Company. Their are none that is Perfect. Am I still driving for them? Yes and no. I am still on the books, but at home buying my own truck, and will lease onto them. Not the highest paying, but as I said they done me right so far, and I liked what I seen. I've rarely sat over night waiting on to be dispatched (maybe 2 times) and Seldom had to wait over night to pick up a load, (maybe 4 times).

You can do a lot worst than USA Truck, and pending on type of Freight you want to haul, you can not do much better for a training Company.

boneebone 01-24-2009 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastie (Post 435563)
Down sizing true but treat poorly? Guess it how you look at things I guess but they treated me good.

USA Truck not the best, but what I seen they are fair. go out and give them an Honest days work, and they will keep you rolling. Communicate with your Fm, and do your best you should not have problems. I've ran late on a load due to Snow, no problem. Over slept and I was honest and had no problems. Out of hours, They will tell you take your break. I have gotten out of 2 loads I really did not want thanks for being out of hours and in turn gotten a better load.

Did i have problems with them? Yes, but I would have problems with any Company. Their are none that is Perfect. Am I still driving for them? Yes and no. I am still on the books, but at home buying my own truck, and will lease onto them. Not the highest paying, but as I said they done me right so far, and I liked what I seen. I've rarely sat over night waiting on to be dispatched (maybe 2 times) and Seldom had to wait over night to pick up a load, (maybe 4 times).

You can do a lot worst than USA Truck, and pending on type of Freight you want to haul, you can not do much better for a training Company.

Any company you work for is what you make out of it, for some it will work out, for others it will not.

Midnight Flyer 01-24-2009 03:04 PM

USA Truck used to be at the bottom of the barrel: stripped down trucks with no Jake brakes, bare bones interiors, steel wheels, etc. Now they're running International Prostars, Kenworth T660s, and Freightliner Cascadias with Ultrashift automatics all with premium interiors. I've seen some of them on I-40. Really nice looking rigs so I guess they're trying to improve their image. And their trucks all have Jakes on them now!

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-24-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boneebone (Post 435581)
Any company you work for is what you make out of it, for some it will work out, for others it will not.

This statement always makes think of an ex drug an alchohol addict who found Jesus ,and the got a cdl .

dobry4u 01-24-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 435590)
This statement always makes think of an ex drug an alchohol addict who found Jesus ,and the got a cdl .

I think boneebee's statement
Quote:

Originally Posted by boneebone http://www.classadrivers.com/forum/i...s/viewpost.gif
is pretty accurate and I haven't ever had either addiction. :eek2:

WarHorse 01-25-2009 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coastie (Post 435563)

I spent an entire day driving around Chicagoland trying to get a trailer repaired. Queries to breakdown went unanswered and my FM would not go to bat for me. The next morning I sent in one more begging Quallcom message to breakdown and somebody finally told me where to take it. An entire day wasted.

The next load was 'late' because of freezing rain. No problem, it's a d/h with a 24-hour window, right? No, my FM called it late and rescheduled me for the following morning. Another day lost.

Then she asked me why I had 28% out of route miles the previous week. I gave her the breakdown of my miles and explained that I used the company routing and stuck to it. The miles that listed as 'out of route' were the miles I drove ON ROUTE that the company was pocketing. She had no reply for that.

I'll save you the rest of the stupidity that has happened to me and my friends (two of whom have quit, both trainers) recently.

None of this happened with my previous FM; it's since they laid off the senior FMs (including mine) that this stuff started. Things could be frustrating before, but that's anywhere. Now it's insane.

As stated in another thread - it would be hard for them to do worse.

I'll stick for now in the hopes that they'll get their act together. Once upon a time this was a good place to work. Now they'll shoot themselves in the foot in order to stab a driver in the back.

BIG JEEP on 44's 01-25-2009 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 435594)
I think boneebee's statement is pretty accurate and I haven't ever had either addiction. :eek2:

Good then go off to work for .15 CPM DH and .21 CPM loaded at an average of 1800 mi loaded and 400 DH ...For a total of 2200 mi wk and $438.00 gross ...Fact is I can't stand the...it's what you make it slogan b.s. ,because only a crack head could honestly like what can be made at some OTR companies ,so unless you're retired and just traveling ...won the lotto and need no income from a job ... you're going to need a solid income ,which is something many of these companies don't provide ,so only a tweaker could find something good in a trucking company that yields less income than a C-store attendant .

I'm not bagging all OTR companies just the ..."it's what you make it" statemet because there are a handfull of OTR companies that offer nothing to be made there in a financially positive way ,so only a low rent individual could be happy at them .