LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2009, 11:18 PM
Water Board Administrator
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nopantieson View Post
I worked for M&M Restaurant Supply out of Springfield, OH in 2003. I was paid by the hour at which time was $19 hour, but you are given a set amount of time to finish the route and paid for that time so if you finish early you make more per hour. I usually worked 55 hours a week and made over $1100 per week. Back then health insurance was at no cost to the driver. They are very strict on apointment times and use the xata key to keep track of your speed and times of delivery. When you start off you get the ghetto routes which means slow workers that back you up. Sometimes I had to go into the store and help them unload off the rollers cause the cases were back up into the truck and they took their sweet old time. You have about 5 stops a trip, you usually don't have two days off in a row, they often call you on your days off, and your start times vary especially after your day off (ie morning start, morning start, day off, evening start, etc).
I'm sorry but you can't stay here with that screen name. REV! A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE!:lol2:
Old 01-28-2009, 12:51 AM
Senior Board Member

Gee, sounds like a terrible job!:roll2:

Adapt and overcome.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Rookie

Mackman - I have a paysheet in hand. Here is a few samples of how they work and pay drivers.

Route 601
Rate $317.00
Dispatch 20:44
1st stop Leesport
Stops 6
Cases 1098
ETA to yard 10:02
Hours 13:18

Route 619
Rate $180.00
Dispatch 05:15
1st stop Holmes
Stops 4
Cases 736
ETA to yard 11:12
Hours 05:57

If you break it down..... Route 601 pays $23.92 per hour and Route 619 pays $30.00 per hour. That's only if you do it in the time they allow. Do it quicker and you make more money. Do it slower and you make less money.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:15 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fxfe_phantoms View Post
Mackman - I have a paysheet in hand. Here is a few samples of how they work and pay drivers.

Route 601
Rate $317.00
Dispatch 20:44
1st stop Leesport
Stops 6
Cases 1098
ETA to yard 10:02
Hours 13:18

Route 619
Rate $180.00
Dispatch 05:15
1st stop Holmes
Stops 4
Cases 736
ETA to yard 11:12
Hours 05:57

If you break it down..... Route 601 pays $23.92 per hour and Route 619 pays $30.00 per hour. That's only if you do it in the time they allow. Do it quicker and you make more money. Do it slower and you make less money.

Thanks alot for this great info. I see your right down in del. who do you drive for. Are you local??

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Rookie

No problem. Yeah I'm just down the road in Wilmington. FedEx Freight is who I drive for. I run the Aston route which is our biggest and busiest route.
Old 02-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
No problem. Yeah I'm just down the road in Wilmington. FedEx Freight is who I drive for. I run the Aston route which is our biggest and busiest route.

Well i just got off the phone with the lady at M&M. You were right on the money fxfe. They pay by the load but she said they have it worked out to be that you will make no less then 21.17/hr. They are teamsters 312. They will be in coatsville by may 31st. Told me there drivers make around 12-1500 a week. Have to call in everyday to get your route it is all by bid. Starting out you have to work every weekend. Start times are 12am-6am. I told her no thanks. I have a couple reasons why. The ride to coatsville is 45min-1/hr one way. So thats 2hrs a day to go to work. Plus i may have bigger plans coming up in the next month or 2. I will tell everyone about them if it happens.

"All the coolie carriers suck. Log 70, work 80-100, paid for 50." - the Great ColdFrostyMug

Old 02-06-2009, 12:10 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackman View Post
Well i just got off the phone with the lady at M&M. You were right on the money fxfe. They pay by the load but she said they have it worked out to be that you will make no less then 21.17/hr. They are teamsters 312. They will be in coatsville by may 31st. Told me there drivers make around 12-1500 a week. Have to call in everyday to get your route it is all by bid. Starting out you have to work every weekend. Start times are 12am-6am. I told her no thanks. I have a couple reasons why. The ride to coatsville is 45min-1/hr one way. So thats 2hrs a day to go to work. Plus i may have bigger plans coming up in the next month or 2. I will tell everyone about them if it happens.
Now the working every weekend I didn't know about. The start times I knew about with the pay sheet in hand. Well never hurts to ask and keep in the back of your mind. Good luck with your plans in the next month or 2.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:58 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Now the working every weekend I didn't know about. The start times I knew about with the pay sheet in hand. Well never hurts to ask and keep in the back of your mind. Good luck with your plans in the next month or 2.
She said it takes up to 5-6 years to get off weekends. All the higher up drivers bid the runs that are M-F. Which you cant blame them.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:28 AM
Board Regular

Sounds like a pretty decent gig, if you can get in. Hell for that money right now I'd jump in it in a hot second, whether I had to work weekends or not.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliTrucker View Post
Sounds like a pretty decent gig, if you can get in. Hell for that money right now I'd jump in it in a hot second, whether I had to work weekends or not.

Yeah the more and more I think about it......I might jump ship and go do it. Well if anything goes wrong at FedEx freight that is.