User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2009, 02:00 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default needing international pro star info

my wife and i will be getting into a pro star in march can anyone offer any info on them such as there mechanical dependability,ride,wind noise and mostly do they have ample storage for a team,we are getting out of a volvo 780 which had plenty of storage just trying to find out what to expect,thx
Old 02-10-2009, 02:38 AM
Rookie

I've only been in one on the lot but it seemed small. Unless the volvo is midroof you are going to miss that extra space. prostars to my knowledge are all mid roof's so 2 bunks are tight and you lose some cabinet space.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFTE View Post
I've only been in one on the lot but it seemed small. Unless the volvo is midroof you are going to miss that extra space. prostars to my knowledge are all mid roof's so 2 bunks are tight and you lose some cabinet space.
They make Prostars in Condo also, but Prostars have less storage than a Volvo.
Old 02-11-2009, 10:56 PM

I was in the new prostar for about 2 weeks as my truck was getting repaired. It wasnt a sleeper but im assuming other then the extra room it has the same features..... First thing i disliked was the seats. They only reclined a little bit. I cant drive with my back forced to stay straight up. The 3 lumbar supports the seats come with dont have enough range.its almost usless.you may have diffrent seats tho.. Another thing that gets annoying is the alarm beeps. Youll see what i mean..the steering wheel is a prolbem for me. I do not like the buttons for the radio ,engine brake, headlight interupt and cruise control. The buttons wear out extremely quick and i have a gut feeling they will become defective with exsessive useage. Plus they get in the way. The wiper wash is a pain in the butt. When u press it in to clean the windsheild either the blinkers go on or the highbeems flash by accident.. The unit i was driving only had 25,000 miles on it and the steering wheel was really crooked and the alignment was shot... I like the ride of a freighliner columbia with 300k miles on it a lot more then this brand new prostar. Engine was very quite and so was the interior noise. Very relaxing feeling, other then the seat.(but driving anything new compared to an older truck would get this same feeling) jake brakes had good power on the hi setting.interior design and layout is pretty nice. Although it does have a cheesy feel to it.. Kinda feels cheap in areas. Transmission shifted smoothly and the shifter was further foward then the freightliner i use. The first couple days i really didnt like the truck much but it began to grow on me. I think its one of the nicest looking trucks on the road today