User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2009, 04:58 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I have talked to several drivers from this company, in person, since I started this thread a while back. Just want to thank all those that sent me a PM regarding info. I was seeking.
Anyway, I was told that this company is notorious for loading up your DAC and driver's report. What are your thoughts? Also, told to stay away from the Greer terminal, I was interested in running out of there, because the guys that work there are serious A'HOLES. This is all just hearsay, I suppose.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 PM

I don't know anything about the company, but I have something to say about the picture you mentioned. A lot of these companied reuse the beds and trailers for newer trucks. People see the KW cabover and assume that they are old pieces of junk. That one might be, but KW actually made those trucks until 2005, same year Peterbilt phased out all COE production. Same way with Freightliner and the Argosy. They no longer make them for normal OTR applications, but they do make them "for select purposes" I think their customer service guy said. This means hauling boats and car hauling cars like what we are talking about.

Just thought I'd throw my two-cents in as far as the old KW is concerned. Sure, it may be a hunk of junk, but it might be an 05 with an older bed and trailer.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Rookie

As far as drvr record, they dnt report, tht would come from motor vehicle for violations. Far as DAC i dont know as i am not looking for other work.

As far as the older trucks, they are 97-99 but there are very few left. Some have already been retired, and they are working on replacing the rest. I currently run an 03 freightliner argosy with a very good chance of moving to an 05 sterling 9 car by the end of the year.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Rookie

oh, as far as Greer, I dont run out of there very often but I have never had a problem. From what ive heard lately, I think its bored trainers as we have had a hiring freeze. Hope that helps.
Old 12-08-2012, 01:18 PM
Rookie

I worked there for almost 10 years. i made 65000 my first year as a rookie driver. then after the 2nd year i made 90000 a year. i worked hard while on the road and yes they want you to stay out for 3 weeks and take 3 days off. they have great benefits. Of course i was able to get times i passed the house and took time off, maybe a hour or 2 or stay overnight. but when it gets slow they send you home, rather than set you in a truck stop for days, where as we know. most companies you have to fight for layover, which is nothing, doesnt pay for your food. but remember all these trucking companies are the same, even bmt. BUT at the end of the year my pay ck was always double what all the rest paided.. so no matter where you work, bmt or another trucking company. the craps all the same, but at bmt you make more (double more). and no you dont have to have a doubles on your license, its a straight truck pulling a trl. ITs not doubles( even thought i had a dumb ass n.c. dot man try to give me a ticket for having doubles on a road, doubles were not allowed on. As his partner laughed at him for being so stupid. I would go back to bmt first before i would ever drive a truck over the road for any other company. Yes when its cold you get cold loading the truck, or wet when it rains, but the money makes its all worth it. THANK YOU FOR THE 10 YEARS OF A GREAT JOB YOU LET ME HAVE BMT.