User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acip View Post
knight refrigerated backed out after having already told me that i was hired and i had been set up for orientation!! joan malvits was the recruiters name, just incase you get her for a recruiter!!
She did you a favor... You just dont know it... She didnt lie when she worked at Glen Moore..LOL!!
Old 01-24-2009, 11:56 PM

I wouldnt be with a Co. that dont care about your health.. Dogs live better in a household then most trucker drivers do. You keep that idle low for Knight help them build their kingdoms.. They love it!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 AM
Rookie

one more carrier to cross off the list. been use to apu. at a minimum, knight should pay for idle-air. it's still a business expense they can write off. on the other hand, a driver can use it and write it off too.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:24 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Only people I know that are comfortable in cab in 90 degree temps with a 12v plug in fan are dispatchers,recruiters and the fuel department . Heck I remember running 3 of those fans parked in the daytime sun and it was only 85 outside, And with both bunk vents and cab windows wide open it was still 94 on my incab thermometer ...So for most cab comfort in the hot summer requiers more than a fan that
only blows hot air around the cab ...my point is a 10% idle rule and no apu is something a potential driver needs to know about , and clearly understand that 10% idle of run time is less than 10hrs on 3k mi wk ,and layovers do happen at Knight and so do 1200-1500 mi wks ,which involve a ton of sitting in that hot cab.
I work for Knight out of SLC. My dispatcher sent a QC msg to all of his drivers a few weeks ago saying that since warmer weather was in the west, try and cut down on idle time. Because there is no cooling unit, warm weather will increase idle time. The bunk heaters are good for cold weather comfort and my idle time is typically 1.5 - 3% in the winter because of the heaters. However, with no cooling unit my idle time is between 15-30% depending on how much I run and I get stupid messages on my QC stating so. I get nothing when my idle time is low. Past few weeks I have averaged 1,800 miles.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:30 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GI Joe View Post
one more carrier to cross off the list. been use to apu. at a minimum, knight should pay for idle-air. it's still a business expense they can write off. on the other hand, a driver can use it and write it off too.
I just hate it when I get the nasty QC msg saying my idle was too high when i sit in Fontana for 2 days in the summer time. On the other hand, the penny pinching the company does is the reason they are strong financially...but it is mostly at the drivers expense.
Old 02-04-2009, 04:46 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
I had one of the little metal fans you plug in to the lighter socket and that little thing was awesome at keeping me cool during the summer. Just crack the windows and turn that thing on high and I would go right to sleep..
Sounds like something a recruiter or dispatcher would say. :roll: Let me guess, an electric blanket was all you needed when it was 5 degrees outside too, right.

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.
Old 02-05-2009, 01:10 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuit Lips View Post
Sounds like something a recruiter or dispatcher would say. :roll: Let me guess, an electric blanket was all you needed when it was 5 degrees outside too, right.
Sounds like something an Jerk or a Troll would say. :roll: Let me guess, it was too hard for you to come up with something more intelligent to say,right?

Last edited by scythe08; 02-05-2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scythe08 View Post
Sounds like something an Jerk or a Troll would say. :roll: Let me guess, it was too hard for you to come up with something more intelligent to say,right?

Big Jeep on 44's put it best, and quoting from another thread:

"Because not everone wants to live like a hobo or squatter to enable a company to save on idle fuel like they equiped their tractors with an apu ,but have not. When one company gets enough drivers to sacrafice basic comfort of heat in winter and cool air in hot summer and starts to save big money on fuel then other companies take notice ,and adopt similar policy this makes living like a hobo the normal for all drivers and not just those dumb enough to willingly sacrafice the basics . Bottom line is if those like carter insisted on heat in winter and ac in summer companies would need to make the investment in the equipment required for the idle reduction they desire,and could not repramand or terminate drivers for simply staying warm or cool ...And times may be tight ,but I've yet to see the AC/Heating units shut off at the management offices of any of these carriers with office workers sitting on heating pads in sub zero clothing to stay warm, and I've yet to see any office persons sitting in their wife beater/boxers sweating at their desk while a 12v plug in fan blows hot summer air at them ,but that's because those offices would be empty if those were daily living conditions experienced by the office staff ,but yet you got drivers who think they are saving the company by living like a squatter ...Tell mr CEO to sell the corporate jet and buy some tripaks ."

Arguing on the C.B. is kinda like running in the Special Olympics, 'cause even if you win your still retarted.