LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 11:50 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
Hawk- I forgot to you tell that you shouldn't plan on getting on a dedicated account or even regional for that matter right out of training. Most of the time Swift wants you to be them for 3-6 months before they will consider you for an account. I was treated very well by Swift. The reason I left them is because I got tired of living on the road {AND HOW LONG WAS THAT GENIUS?}want to try my hand at getting a local foodservice gig. If you have any q's about Swift I will be glad to answer them to the best of my ability with a fair and honest assement. Best of luck to you.
Fair and honest assessment? Are you kidding? How long were you with Swift? 1-2 months? Maybe I am mistaken, but it seems only a couple of months ago that you had "held off" joining Swift so that you could complete your college education! :shock: What a joke!

You couldn't stick with it. Now you want to advise Hawk? Go back and read some of your own posts YoungZW! You have some nerve.

Hawkjr (Big Dog! :wink: ), disregard this wannabe. Search his previous posts, then thank me later. He's a bullshitter and a quitter.

YoungZ.W. wrote:
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:34 pm Post subject:

"I followed the industry since I was 16 so I not the average joe that jumps into trucking. I choose Swift due to the fact that the regional they have out of my area is .35 cpm starting out and it is home every weekend."

__________________________________________________ _________

YoungZ.W. wrote:
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 2:19 pm Post subject:

"Currently, I am training with Swift, but CRST Van was another company I looked at. I'm happy at Swift and they have been good to me so far. I don't really know much about there school in Pheonix but some of the guys in my orientation class went to Pheonix for schooling and they liked it there (Said it was really hot there though LOL). CRST runs a lot of freight that is needed quickly so your constantly running with a deadline. Good luck."

YoungZ.W. wrote:
Posted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:34 pm Post subject:

"Colts- Yep. I've had my CDL for about a year, but I wanted to finish my last year of college. ( It would have been foolish to invest 3 yrs of it then just piss it away").
TOO LATE SMART GUY!!!
Old 07-27-2008, 01:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkjr
well i know i can't really go on by what a recruiter says but she told me that out of training i had three choices.. OTR which started at .26 a cents a mile, Northeast Comfort Zone Regional which was .36 cents a mile and Swift Dollar Tree Dedicated which she didnt give me cpm but she said i got unloading pay and stop play plus cpm... also i have my cousin dad that does the dollar tree account be the strange thing is that for the past two weeks he goes out on sunday night and is back home by tuesday afternoon for the rest of the week!! its very very strange... i don't want to keep worrying him so thats why i turned to the this forum lol..
dollar tree is one of those accounts where you'll be working for what you are paid. if you can handle it, go for it. if you're having some doubts, don't waste your time. backing into many of those stores can be a real pain in the ass. just look at the dollar general stores and think about what the werner drivers on those accounts have to deal with. also, dedicated accounts are more disciplined. you'll always be rolling with a load while the otr guys may be sitting during the weekend, or a day during the weekdays.

otr isn't shabby if you like seeing different places on a regular basis and don't mind being out for long periods of time. $.26 a mile doesn't last long. it only does if a person sucks. if you go over-the-road and you're still at $.26 after 2 1/2 months, there's a problem, and it's NOT the company.

and bel, holy crap man! i may be young but not even i have a memory like that and the dedication to go through the topics to find where the other dude bullshitted in some topics.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:29 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

YoungZW has been a serial bullshitter for some time now. Time to be called on the carpet. He can only hide so long.

Actually, this YoungZW clown had run out of leash long ago. It seemed that he might have realized this himself, thus the low profile that he maintained for a short while. He walked easily before, because everyone took it as a newbie just making his mark. The fact that YoungZW apparently feels that it is acceptable to advise new drivers regarding their careers, while he is miserably failing in his own career aspirations, is not only unacceptable, but unthinkable and irresponsible. I will personally be following his posts to ensure that other new drivers seeking information are not similarly misled.
Danica!!!!!!

Old 07-27-2008, 04:21 PM

Hawk Jr,I just noticed your sig,and might I say im flattered. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 07-27-2008, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by belpre122
YoungZW has been a serial bullshitter for some time now. Time to be called on the carpet. He can only hide so long.

Actually, this YoungZW clown had run out of leash long ago. It seemed that he might have realized this himself, thus the low profile that he maintained for a short while. He walked easily before, because everyone took it as a newbie just making his mark. The fact that YoungZW apparently feels that it is acceptable to advise new drivers regarding their careers, while he is miserably failing in his own career aspirations, is not only unacceptable, but unthinkable and irresponsible. I will personally be following his posts to ensure that other new drivers seeking information are not similarly misled.
Danica!!!!!!

Dang belpre,you're one bad dude. :lol: 8) . But seriously,if you ever got tired of trucking,I think investigative reporting would be a viable option.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartenDrvrCA
Dang belpre,you're one bad dude. :lol: 8) . But seriously,if you ever got tired of trucking,I think investigative reporting would be a viable option.
My first question as a reporter would definitely be: "Yes, Mr, MartenDrvrCa? What would you like to do to Danica? Or is that question best phrased "what wouldn't you do to Danica Mr. MartenDrvrCa?

Awaiting your answer? :wink: Ummm, why do I think I already have a pretty good idea what this answer is going to be? :lol:
Old 07-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:

Danica!!!!!!

Good call belpre. It did it for me when he called me a steering wheel holder and he had yet to step in the cab of a truck. :roll:
Old 07-27-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Quote:
My first question as a reporter would definitely be: "Yes, Mr, MartenDrvrCa? What would you like to do to Danica? Or is that question best phrased "what wouldn't you do to Danica Mr. MartenDrvrCa?

Awaiting your answer? :wink: Ummm, why do I think I already have a pretty good idea what this answer is going to be? :lol:
:lol: :lol:
In a perfect world mr belpre,all of the fuel desk attendants would have been created from her mold :lol:
Old 07-27-2008, 07:10 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Hawk Jr,I just noticed your sig,and might I say im flattered. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Its All love now since we only had a one time spat lol, i can remove it if you like??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncrosonix
dollar tree is one of those accounts where you'll be working for what you are paid. if you can handle it, go for it. if you're having some doubts, don't waste your time. backing into many of those stores can be a real pain in the ass. just look at the dollar general stores and think about what the werner drivers on those accounts have to deal with. also, dedicated accounts are more disciplined. you'll always be rolling with a load while the otr guys may be sitting during the weekend, or a day during the weekdays.

otr isn't shabby if you like seeing different places on a regular basis and don't mind being out for long periods of time. $.26 a mile doesn't last long. it only does if a person sucks. if you go over-the-road and you're still at $.26 after 2 1/2 months, there's a problem, and it's NOT the company.
Well yeah you have a point, i have a small dollar general up here in town and i've seen werner trucks hold up traffic for ten mins trying to back up.. see yeah i know its a pain.. But if i can i might just do the dollar tree account and try to switch to intermodal in 6 six months to a year, i live in va and swift intermodal containers from the tidewater area always come up through my area, so i'll see what my options is after six months and if swift is somewhat decent to put up with i'll stay for as long as i can make decent money and be comfortable after a year.. as for OTR, 6 days on 1 off is just not for me!! but i'm just going with this until i find a nice small carrier/fleet to get onto a year or two down the road...

But good look everyone and now i've seen this thread is about to take a turn for the worst lol..
Old 07-27-2008, 07:35 PM
Board Regular

belpre-so I can't advise someone about a company I used to work for? Sounds like someone has a problem with me about something I did...Are you mad because I postpone trucking to finish an investment I had in higher education? Is that what is truly bothering you...come on man just let it all come out you'll feel alot better