User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2008, 01:02 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Trimac info requested

Does anybody have any information on what it's like working for Trimac, especially in the PA region ? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Rookie

They haul for BOC (Linde) gases out of Braddock, next to the Edgar Thompson mill. I've never worked for them but I called for info back when Logex had that account. Logex has since been bought out by Trimac.

At that time, they worked shifts and I was told that new drivers would work something like Midnight to 8 am Thurs-Mon and eventually change shifts as they became available. They also had something called "run and rest" i.e. a sleeper operation which had you out 5 days. I'm not sure what the product is or where they haul it. BOC supplies liquid oxygen for the mill next door, maybe they also deliver it by truck to customers. The pay was mileage,stop and/or hourly depening on the run. They guy that answered the phone seemed anxious and wanted me to come down for a road test a.s.a.p and I'd had only been on the phone for about a minute. For me, that was a red flag.

I spoke briefly on the cb to a driver when I noticed the Logex logo was replaced by Trimac and he had told me about the buyout and mentioned that Trimac's benefit package was better than what he had at Logex.

Keep in mind that my info is about 5 years old and both BOC and Logex have since been bought out so my info may be somewhat accurate or waaay off, but it's a start.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Rookie

Exactly.........5 years ago you spoke to someone! So not sure if it really is a start.......... Why do drivers tell stories about companies they worked at 5 years ago.........Unless it's one of the big boys, pumkin, jb, swift or such like, things change........smaller operators get taken over, swallowed up by bigger outfits, the smaller one starts complying to the bigger ways, and before you know it, it's a different outfit from 5 years ago........
As good intentioned as it is, a "start" it isn't!
Old 06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishman
Exactly.........5 years ago you spoke to someone! So not sure if it really is a start.......... Why do drivers tell stories about companies they worked at 5 years ago.........Unless it's one of the big boys, pumkin, jb, swift or such like, things change........smaller operators get taken over, swallowed up by bigger outfits, the smaller one starts complying to the bigger ways, and before you know it, it's a different outfit from 5 years ago........
As good intentioned as it is, a "start" it isn't!
You bring up a good point, but probably not in the way that you intended.

Why do people who have no useful information whatsoever come on here comment on other peoples replies?
I made it clear that my info is dated and limited in content but the poster asked a question that is not likely to get very many responses because of the specific location and the fact that they don't have very many trucks. And since the original poster also did not mention how much or how little he already knew about the company, I gave him what I had to do with as he pleases.

What exactly did you expect to accomplish with your reply?
Old 06-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Board Regular

Its still information not available anywhere else. Why jump on someone trying to help?
Old 06-01-2008, 06:15 PM
Rookie

oh dear, I'm sorry I hurt your sensitive side..... I read as much of these items as I can, I just find it interesting that people feel they help with info that is 5 years old!
Unlike Americans, we English try to stick to the point at hand, and not dwell on info that is old......My intention is not to offend anyone, if anyone is offended, please except my apoligise.
Perhaps a reason this industry never advances, is it's full of well intended people, who constantly get kick in the butt, because they speak up!
Old 06-02-2008, 12:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishman
Perhaps a reason this industry never advances, is it's full of rude people who constantly reinforce the trucker stereotypes.
Fixed
Old 06-02-2008, 06:25 PM
Board Regular

i know that trimac is a big bulk hauler ive seen them in wyoming and canada and forgive me but they have been around a long time.
in any other industry a big company is a good place to be.not to infer any thing bad about trimac.
i like bulk hauling better than hanging around a warehouse all day and dealing with those creeps
Old 06-02-2008, 09:00 PM
Senior Board Member

edited,because I'm dumb :lol:

Old 06-03-2008, 02:18 AM
Board Regular

Thanks for your responses so far. Would sure appreciate some more info. Keep it coming.

Here in Alberta ( western Canada ), Trimac is huge. But I'm more interested in how they are in the US in general, and western PA in particular, since I plan to move there in the near future.