LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 02:20 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
edited,because I'm dumb :lol:
Do share your views, Mike. I've found that you're one of the guys, among others on this board, who doesn't muck around.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graymist
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike3fan
edited,because I'm dumb :lol:
Do share your views, Mike. I've found that you're one of the guys, among others on this board, who doesn't muck around.
I was aking if something was wrong,because last I knew you were with Dana running out of the Nitro,WV terminal......then I remembered that was Graybeard not Graymist...... ops:

Old 06-05-2008, 02:30 AM
Board Regular

I spoke with them back in February. At that time I was with Superior. I do remember that Trimac's pay package was better than Superior's and I was ready to jump. At the end of the conversation the girl informed that 2-years experience is required. That ended our conversation. I may check them out again at the end of July when I hit the 2-year mark. But then again, I am enjoying flatbedding and ovesize loads.

Good luck. I think you will find that Trimac is pretty much at or near the top of list with respect to bulk companies.

Quote:
Thanks for your responses so far. Would sure appreciate some more info. Keep it coming.

Here in Alberta ( western Canada ), Trimac is huge. But I'm more interested in how they are in the US in general, and western PA in particular, since I plan to move there in the near future.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Senior Board Member

mba.........who are you driving for... :?: :?:

I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.
Mother Teresa

"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. CHESTERTON

"Qui non intelligit aut discat aut taceat"
Who does not understand should either learn, or be silent.
The Mark Levin Show
Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
I spoke with them back in February. At that time I was with Superior. I do remember that Trimac's pay package was better than Superior's and I was ready to jump. At the end of the conversation the girl informed that 2-years experience is required. That ended our conversation. I may check them out again at the end of July when I hit the 2-year mark. But then again, I am enjoying flatbedding and ovesize loads.

Good luck. I think you will find that Trimac is pretty much at or near the top of list with respect to bulk companies.

Quote:
Thanks for your responses so far. Would sure appreciate some more info. Keep it coming.

Here in Alberta ( western Canada ), Trimac is huge. But I'm more interested in how they are in the US in general, and western PA in particular, since I plan to move there in the near future.
Trimac might be the top of a list in Canada, simply because Canada is home....but ... they are not on my list of prospective employer's.
Trimac is a "Mid" level ompany. They are ok(there are better training companies) for getting training from...they are ok for getting starting experience from. Their wages are average, as are their bennies. Trimac does not base their wages on a national scale, they base them at the "local" scale. If the local scale is $13.50 an hour to start, Trimac usually tries to operate below that.

Also..here in the US, Trimac is more of an "Association" of small companies than one actual operationg company...each terminal is a small "fleet operator" operation.

There was a guy on here a few months ago, whom had started with Trimac in Reserve Louisiana..haven't seen any recent posts from him, stating his experiences so far.
Old 06-05-2008, 02:09 PM
Board Regular

Orangetxguy - I think your wrong on this one. Trimac is not a training company. Minimum 2-years experience. When I lined them up with Superior, the overall package was better at Trimac. Not to say Sup. is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Just telling ya what I know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver

Quote:

Trimac might be the top of a list in Canada, simply because Canada is home....but ... they are not on my list of prospective employer's.
Trimac is a "Mid" level ompany. They are ok(there are better training companies) for getting training from...they are ok for getting starting experience from. Their wages are average, as are their bennies. Trimac does not base their wages on a national scale, they base them at the "local" scale. If the local scale is $13.50 an hour to start, Trimac usually tries to operate below that.

Also..here in the US, Trimac is more of an "Association" of small companies than one actual operationg company...each terminal is a small "fleet operator" operation.

There was a guy on here a few months ago, whom had started with Trimac in Reserve Louisiana..haven't seen any recent posts from him, stating his experiences so far.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Old 06-05-2008, 02:11 PM
Board Regular

Small mom and pop, got like 6 trucks leased on through Landstar/Ranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR SILVER
mba.........who are you driving for... :?: :?:

Old 06-05-2008, 03:51 PM
Senior Board Member

have not really researched going to work for them, but they run allot in my area, and I rarely hear a complaint out of any of the drivers.

Nice equipment, well maintained! Wished my lime trailer shined like that! :wink:
Principles are, without question, the fastest way to what I want."
Author Unknown

OOIDA