LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2008, 02:33 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Precisely my point :lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Of course, the inside people at Jevic didn't know what was happening, either, until they showed up for work last week. :?
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:32 PM
Rookie
Default You Were Right.

Gainey Transportation files Chapter 11; owner vows drivers will be paid

Citing the international financial crisis as the major contributing factor, Harvey Gainey, owner and president of Gainey Transportation out of Michigan, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Gainey, who started the business in 1984, told Reed Black on Land Line Now that the firm is continuing to operate and that company drivers and owner-operators will be paid.

“We only have 40 owner-operators in our entire system, but they are all included in the cash order (filed in the Federal Bankruptcy Court in Michigan) so employees will be paid, benefits will continue, owner-operators will be paid, and people we broker freight to will be paid,” Gainey said Wednesday afternoon, Oct. 15.

According to documents filed in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court of Western Michigan, the company has about 2,300 employees nationwide, with about 1,900 of them identified as truck drivers. The company uses about 5,000 trucks nationwide in its freight transportation operations.

The company posted the following statement from Gainey on its Web site:

“As we noted in our Sept. 30 announcement, the nation’s financial crisis has compelled our lenders, including Wachovia Bank, to make ill-advised decisions based on their own cash constraints. Those constraints have placed Gainey Corporation and its operating companies in a very difficult situation,” said Harvey Gainey, CEO.

“Our exhaustive efforts to negotiate a constructive agreement with our lending group have been met with a series of increasingly aggressive actions by these lenders.

“Faced with recent actions by Wachovia Bank, the Company has decided that the only reasonable course that will allow us to serve our customers and preserve jobs is a Chapter 11 reorganization filing. Our sound business fundamentals – which include positive cash flow and operating income – will continue to ensure our uninterrupted operations, including paying all suppliers, delivering all freight and meeting our payroll.”

Gainey told Land Line Now that his company and the Wachovia officials simply don’t agree on the amount of money that Gainey Corp. owes.

“But we feel very confident of our position,” Gainey said. “Three or four years ago this whole thing would have been restructured (in) six months, and we’d be right on down the road. Times are not normal in the financial market right now.”

– By Coral Beach, staff editor
[email protected]

http://www.landlinemag.com/todays_ne.../101508-01.htm

Harvey Gainey is:

1.) A liar.

2.) A cheat.

and 3.) A cheat.

If you work for them you'd better get out soon. He'll screw everybody he can while he's on the way down. Why not, he's screwed plenty of drivers while he was riding high.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I won't make my opinions on the whole thing public, but Gainey also includes Super Service and Lester Coggins and I'm hearing from drivers from all three.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 AM
Senior Board Member

Having worked for GTS up until sept 8 this year I can add the following.

1.GTS suffered 2 law suits the 2nd 1 the insurance only covered 10 million out of 12m...these were at fault dot accidents and the dot has eyes for GTS ...Much of GTS financial issues started b4 the fuel hike with law suits ,dot issues...and continuous loss of customers.

2.In an attempt to cover this GTS sold off a few hundred trailers...IT did not solve the issue just held it back a bit

3.GTS will indeed find reason to term for idling...they use logs compared to qualcomm if nothing else avl to validate term . they do not consider 90-100 south Texas temps valid idle time...times must be super hard up to deny idle in 90 and up and 35 winter temp...they do not pay for idleaire either.

4. no newtrucks ordered in 2008 for 2009 and 75% of the fleet is 500k mile and in bad shape mechanically .

5. out of around 10 terminal locations only about 3-4 still exist since jan o8 to now.

6.Try getting on road repairs ...even a steer tire with major cuppping worn down to almost the belting they will want you to attempt 600mi run to Grand Rapids despite you being either at or just a few miles from a repair facility ..

7.Embezelling employess

My opinion is GTS had financial issues long b4 the fuel hike that had them struggling ,and then right around the corner came the fuel hike ...and a loss off business from major accounts ...not to mention they had their vp of operations ...KEN ABLE... and some working with him adjusting revenue numbers while embezeling from GTS this past summer ...Harvey fired everyone known to be involved on the spot . I sat 4 out of 7 days a week along with most of the fleet ,which tells me they have hardly any freight thus no revenue ...OUCH
Old 10-17-2008, 12:53 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If there was indeed embezzling going on then these people deserve to have the book thrown at them. It is a shame that so many drivers have their jobs on the line. It sounds like Gainey has had some problems for a few years. Most companies will have difficult times. Some make it through, others do not. I don't have any personal knowledge about Gainey, but I hope that they can work through their difficulties. A lot of jobs are on the line. We will see more carriers going out of business. Those who make it though will be better for their difficulties.
Old 10-17-2008, 01:08 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
If there was indeed embezzling going on then these people deserve to have the book thrown at them. It is a shame that so many drivers have their jobs on the line. It sounds like Gainey has had some problems for a few years. Most companies will have difficult times. Some make it through, others do not. I don't have any personal knowledge about Gainey, but I hope that they can work through their difficulties. A lot of jobs are on the line. We will see more carriers going out of business. Those who make it though will be better for their difficulties.

Well the more companies that go under leaves more freight that survive ...
Old 10-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Well the more companies that go under leaves more freight that survive ...
That's a BIG 10-4------------BIG JEEP. You are right on the money!

Time for the less than reputable carriers/employers like Gainey to receive the chain and padlock treatment that they so richly deserve. The quicker the better.

Old 10-19-2008, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's View Post
Having worked for GTS up until sept 8 this year I can add the following.

1.GTS suffered 2 law suits the 2nd 1 the insurance only covered 10 million out of 12m...these were at fault dot accidents and the dot has eyes for GTS ...Much of GTS financial issues started b4 the fuel hike with law suits ,dot issues...and continuous loss of customers.

2.In an attempt to cover this GTS sold off a few hundred trailers...IT did not solve the issue just held it back a bit

3.GTS will indeed find reason to term for idling...they use logs compared to qualcomm if nothing else avl to validate term . they do not consider 90-100 south Texas temps valid idle time...times must be super hard up to deny idle in 90 and up and 35 winter temp...they do not pay for idleaire either.

4. no newtrucks ordered in 2008 for 2009 and 75% of the fleet is 500k mile and in bad shape mechanically .

5. out of around 10 terminal locations only about 3-4 still exist since jan o8 to now.

6.Try getting on road repairs ...even a steer tire with major cuppping worn down to almost the belting they will want you to attempt 600mi run to Grand Rapids despite you being either at or just a few miles from a repair facility ..

7.Embezelling employess

My opinion is GTS had financial issues long b4 the fuel hike that had them struggling ,and then right around the corner came the fuel hike ...and a loss off business from major accounts ...not to mention they had their vp of operations ...KEN ABLE... and some working with him adjusting revenue numbers while embezeling from GTS this past summer ...Harvey fired everyone known to be involved on the spot . I sat 4 out of 7 days a week along with most of the fleet ,which tells me they have hardly any freight thus no revenue ...OUCH

How could they have drivers that wanted to work for them?? I mean you would basically have to be an idiot to let them treat you like that.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:43 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHG0069 View Post
How could they have drivers that wanted to work for them?? I mean you would basically have to be an idiot to let them treat you like that.

Well you don't know until you're in their truck ...plus getting them to swing you buy a terminal ...wthout under load...with approval to turn in truck takes forever...Now while I was there they had many drivers with...FELONIES...DOT accidets....abandonmet history...BAD MVR ...DWI ....and the list goes on ...I remember everytime I would chat with other GTS drivers about conditions there the majority of them would tell a tale of the above mistakes and how they were stuck at GTS .
Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 AM
Rookie

Sounds like nothing much has changed around there since I was with them 18 some odd years ago. Equipment was garbage, had to fight to get trucks repaired and made safe, they would unload you on a Friday and have nothing lined up for the week-end, etc, etc. I bailed after three months and went somewhere else.