Old 02-27-2008, 04:07 AM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungZ.W.
They have the same ignorant attitude CFM has. They think that it is so easy to get on with a small local carrier. They don't realize that a lot of companies require at least 1 year exp. For them the perfect carrier is a hillbilly that runs a trucking company out of his garage, has 5 or 6 trucks that all old pieces of sh*t, and he pays you under the table. No quallcom, because he can't afford it and the maintainence is the best part you have to fix it yourself.

All you union, day cab drivers are just lazy mother f' ers. You don't have the stones for OTR, and you don't have the stones to stand up for yourselves thats why you pay for a union representation. Do u guys really think the union is going to save your job?? :lol: :lol: Fu*ck the TEAMSTERS
My wife and children are so happy that I don't have the stones for OTR. Free medical benefits, home to have a life, pension, pay above and beyond any OTR company. Man, that sounds terrible! Those unions don't do squat for drivers!
You dont have clue ZW , I've driven both OTR and for the teamsters , I feel I've done a great job with both , if my OTR company which I was nominated for Driver of the year BTW , wanted to get rid of me anytime they could , not with the teamsters . After 10 years in a teamster job you have seniority and a pension built up not to mention a great salary, at an OTR job you have nothing but a few more cpm and the newbie is probably getting better loads then you . The smart choice is union and/or LTL but since you've never been a teamster you wouldn't know , enjoy waiting for 7 hours for free on your next load , loser .
Old 02-27-2008, 04:11 AM
Board Regular

Oh BTW sheepdancer , my training was excellent . 6 weeks with a pro definately helped my cause . It all depends on the trainer you have . The facilities at WSE are a total dump but orientation was okay .
Old 02-27-2008, 04:15 AM
BANNED

Quote:
They have the same ignorant attitude CFM has. They think that it is so easy to get on with a small local carrier. They don't realize that a lot of companies require at least 1 year exp. For them the perfect carrier is a hillbilly that runs a trucking company out of his garage, has 5 or 6 trucks that all old pieces of sh*t, and he pays you under the table. No quallcom, because he can't afford it and the maintainence is the best part you have to fix it yourself.

All you union, day cab drivers are just lazy mother f' ers. You don't have the stones for OTR, and you don't have the stones to stand up for yourselves thats why you pay for a union representation. Do u guys really think the union is going to save your job?? :lol: :lol: Fu*ck the TEAMSTERS
You don't have a clue at all.... Thanks for the laugh !!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-27-2008, 01:06 PM

young zw wrote:
All you union, day cab drivers are just lazy mother f' ers. You don't have the stones for OTR, and you don't have the stones to stand up for yourselves thats why you pay for a union representation. Do u guys really think the union is going to save your job?? Fu*ck the TEAMSTERS

Wow sounds like you have been rejected by the union or an union company before and now you are just plain bitter..
I have to agree with coltsfan as my family is very happy with my benefits and the money I bring home, plus the fact that every night I get into a clean bed right next to my beautiful wife what more can a teamster ask for. If bouncing around in a big rig all over the country, sleeping in a parking lot, taking showers in a truck stop etc.... works for you then have at it, it is a hard job and a hard lifestyle that is not for me, so if it makes you feel like a MAN to call me lazy so be it it is of no effect to me what so ever, just because I have choosen to work smarter not harder in life again I think your just a little bitter.
Who would want their nuts to be made of stone, I would much rather mine to be soft and pliable as they tend to have more sensation that way. I guess the stones comes from driving OTR and the lack of physical contact on a daily basis.

Timberwolf
Old 02-27-2008, 02:14 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
You think any OTR mega-carrier, regardless, would pay even what they are now if not for Union wages as competition? I got news for you buddy, they're in it to make money, not make you rich.it's pretty much human nature to keep all you can for yourself and pay as little as possible. If not for Unions years ago, you'd still be driving for 6 cents a mile, 18 hours a day,365 days a year, w/o any benefits. :wink:

Sheep, sorry to hijack your thread! :lol:
Old 02-27-2008, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTulip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Lets change it around, where do you geniuses think a "newbie" who wants to be an OTR driver get their training and work for their first year?
Because really, I dont know of any training companies that dont have tons of negative drivers such as yourself whining about them.
So lets hear it...say you run into a newbie who wants to be an OTR driver, where would you tell him to go?
They don't know Sheepdancer! Of all the posts I read on this forum the 2 of them reply to almost all of them and I'd say they have nothing to say for about 99.9% of the time. Just ignore it.
Oh Hell, Tulip (I hope you are a lady, Calling a dude Tulip would feel a little strange) I dont want to ignore people like this. As long as my posts are kept at the top of the boards, its great for me. They are helping me do my job. I believe it was Donald Trump who said, "Even negative attention is great advertising"
:lol: Yeah don't worry I'm a woman you're not calling a dude tulip! :lol: I'm originally from the Netherlands hence the Tulip thing :wink:
Anyhow to get back to Stan/Orangetxguy and BigDiesel: OK I have to say Stan actually does have intelligent stuff to say but BD to me (sorry BD) just gets too personal and nasty in my opinion a lot of times. BD: I don't think you need to sugarcoat anything and show them the wrong picture; I agree with you on that. But why do you have to be so nasty? There ARE other ways to be honest and still show some respect to other people that might not know as much as you do about the trucking industry, but that's why they come here to get the info. Now imagine someone completely unknown to the trucking industry and they see people that post like you do. I think it's representing a truck driver who abuses channel 19 on the CB radio, which we already have way too many of out there. I cuss myself sometimes and am no saint, but I have more respect for myself than to act like that in public or on the internet. Besides, I really want to help people out if they have a question and I might have an answer. Remember when you just started out and you didn't have all the answers?
Old 02-27-2008, 05:13 PM
Board Regular

I think it is hiliarious when a union company goes out of business. You guys bitch and moan about every little thing and expect your companies to run on 0% profit. You constantly want the company to give in to your every little demand and when they do it costs them money. Eventually, the company can't make a profit because you guys don't appreciate anything. Then you lose you jobs when the company goes out of business then you cry and complain about it. BE A MAN AND WORK FOR WHAT YOU WANT. DON'T BE A CRY BABY UNION EMPLOYEE AND BITCH ABOUT WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE AND DON'T WANT TO DO.

My main reasons for hating unions are examples like this. True story: There used to be a General Electoric factory in my town. They made the electronic switchboards for GE products. One day per year the factory would close down so the employees could clean the machines. One guy, a union a*hole, was instructed to clean the dirt out of his machine using a wire brush. He knew a better way. Just whack the thing with a metal pipe a couple times. He busted the machine which cost $850,000. He went before the union board to see if he was going to be fired. The union employees there unanimously voted that he shouldn't be fired. The company could just replace that machine and he didn't do anything wrong.

Unions are the main reason jobs are going overseas. They won't give an inch and when they lose their jobs it is everyone else fault.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:30 PM
Senior Board Member

There is a building in NY City where 2 teachers sit and do nothing all day and collect a paycheck. The reason they do this is because of their probation, they arent allowed to be near children because they are sex offenders. The reason they still get a paycheck is because THE TEACHERS UNION WONT LET THEM BE FIRED. God bless unions for allowing the taxpayer to still pay child molestors for doing nothing.
There is something WRONG when in a free country YOU ARENT ALLOWED TO FIRE SOMEONE FOR ANY REASON YOU CHOOSE. Thank God I live in a right to work state were FREEDOM is important and companies are free to fire the losers. I dont need a union to save my job. I keep my jobs because IM A GREAT WORKER. And if Im working for a company, I will always support their right to fire me for ANY REASON THEY WANT. If they feel im not needed there or question my work ethic, I dont want to work there and would expect to be let go. THERE IS GREAT PRIDE IN EARNING YOUR JOB. I couldnt look myself in a mirror if I knew that I had to PAY someone to whine for me and keep me at a job. I would be ashamed to go back to work knowing that I DIDNT DESERVE THAT JOB, and if it wasnt for the union protecting me, I would have been kicked to the curb.
But hey, thats just me....I understand why some people feel they need unions to keep their jobs.
Old 02-27-2008, 05:48 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Then there is when you PO the leaders of the Union. My fatehr FULLY VESTED IN THE TEAMSTERS Pension can not get his pension or Long term care Benefits simply because he chose to FEED HIS FAMILY AND KEEP HIS HOUSE IN the 70's over walking a picket line protesting the fuel embargo. Sorry but doing the right thing for your family does not make you a SCAB. Unions protect the crappy worker anymore not the good worker. Why did GM and the rest of the Big 3 move all the auto plants to Mexico for the most part to avoid the 80 bucks in benfits and pay the worker makes on his coffee break. GM is 4 grand behind on everycar simply because of the UAW of all the Benefits and Wages they have rammed down the throats of managers. Take the sticker price of a Chevy and deduct 4 Grand from it that is what it would cost if the UAW was more reasonable in its demands on pensions and everything.

Also look how few truckload companies are Temasters why they can not compete on price they get slaughtered.
Old 02-27-2008, 06:11 PM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Ive only worked in a "union job" one time. However, I refused to join the union. I worked in service sales at Southwestern Bell. This is a right to work state, so supposedly I didnt have to join the union. I was amazed how much they paid me for doing very little work. 22 bucks an hour, plus commission. (ever wonder why your phone bill is so high?) For just answering the phone and selling crap like caller ID and call waiting. I was also amazed at how many people were sitting on their asses with their phones off, chatting with their buddies, riding the clock and earning 22 bucks an hour. There was a training period for 90 days and then supposedly you were protected by the unions whether you joined or not. There were two of us who refused to join the union. Funny also that the two of us that refused to join the union were also the two best salespeople (we actually EARNED our paycheck). On day 89 of training, the two of us who refused to join the union were let go. The reason was, " we werent right for the job and someone had complained about us being vocal of our political beliefs". I think we were laughing at President Clinton being impeached.... Lol. So I guess being right for the job meant to be a flaming liberal, join the union and just sit on your ass doing nothing and collect a 22 buck an hour paycheck...lol.
Thank god after I got let go from that sorry job, Southwestern bell had massive layoffs and closed that office, because for some strange reason they didnt seem to be making a profit. So in the end, all those lazy union people lost their jobs anyway.
Now before some of you get their panties all up in a wad for me saying "lazy union people". I didnt say all union people were lazy...only the ones ive ever delt with were.