Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdancer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay B
Sheepdancer,
Can you find me a job that gets me home every other night, every weekend, and most holidays?
Something with a dedicated run that is 1200 miles round trip, drop and hook, day cab, a hotel room on the away nights.
75 cents per mile and free tickets to the Daytona 500 and 2 other Nascar race weekends at Martinsville, Charlotte, Richmond or Bristol.
Oh, and a free starbucks coffee for life card.
Thanks, PM me with where to report to work Monday.
And free uniforms and dry cleaning too. And boots.
Sure, send me your qualifications that makes you worth a job like that, and I will submit your qualifications to employers and see what they say.
Qualifications? Darn, there goes the monkey wrench in my plans again. C'mon lottery numbers, looks like we gotta go with my alternate plan.

I'm just yankin yer chain sheep. I get fair wage for what I do now and home most weekends.
Old 02-16-2008, 12:02 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Oh..... hmmmm....let's see.... Oh that's right I am a O/O who owns two trucks and a profitable company. I think I am informed....

One thing I have noticed about independant recruiters who recruit for the coolie carriers,is that they are cut from the same cloth as some of the bottom feeding freight brokers, lumpers and used car salesmen out there. ( I feel bad for stereotyping the used car salesmen in that group)
Except we are paid better. You might be a little confused about what an independent recruiter does. I dont have to pressure anyone into a job, like I did when I worked for one company. Doing this I simply tell the driver what I have and let HIM CHOOSE. Which is why the group of recruiters I partner with have about a 10X better turnover rate with the drivers that we send as opposed to the drivers the company recruiters get from the same company. In fact, we just got a letter from Shaffer recently thanking us for all the drivers our group got them last year....well over 150 drivers....and out of those 150, only 8 are gone. So independent recruiters must be doing something right.
I still dont know why you think owning two trucks qualifies you to give advice to all drivers. Maybe im missing something here. I dont know, Skippy...to me it sounds like you failed at OTR and to make yourself feel better you have to cut down those who succeed at it.
So lets talk about your great company. You have two trucks, so you must have at least some employees. What kind of benefits do you give those employees with your great company. Matching 401K? Employee stock purchase? Do you give them great medical insurance? Company paid medical insurance? Life insurance? Long and short term disability? Paid vacation? Come on let us know, OH OWNER OF THE GREATEST TRUCKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD that is so much better than anyone I partner with.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Board Regular

What kind of benefits do you give those employees with your great company. Matching 401K? Employee stock purchase? Do you give them great medical insurance? Company paid medical insurance? Life insurance? Long and short term disability? Paid vacation? Come on let us know, OH OWNER OF THE GREATEST TRUCKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD that is so much better than anyone I partner with.

Cheap wages with benefits,or high wages with no benefits. :lol: All the benefits offered by the coolie carriers are taken out in one way or another. Believe it or not there are some shippers that would deal with a one or two-truck operation and pay more for their professional services than to hire cheap transportation labor from large carriers and get what they pay for. :lol:
Old 02-16-2008, 01:27 AM
Senior Board Member

Get hurt and get sick and that 10,000 a year more job with no health insurance might end up costing you 50 grand or more.
But hey...this is just my opinion. I see heathcare and health insurance as a choice in this country. And in a free country people are free not to CHOOSE health insurance. This is why I dont get all fired up when I see democrat canidates complaining about all the people without health insurance. Really, I just dont care. Those people made their own choices.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:33 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Quote:
Oh..... hmmmm....let's see.... Oh that's right I am a O/O who owns two trucks and a profitable company. I think I am informed....

One thing I have noticed about independant recruiters who recruit for the coolie carriers,is that they are cut from the same cloth as some of the bottom feeding freight brokers, lumpers and used car salesmen out there. ( I feel bad for stereotyping the used car salesmen in that group)
Let's play ball big boy..... I do provide medical, dental, disability, and life insurance..... I also do profit sharing. I do not have a ESOP due the size of my company.... My driver of truck 2 had reported wages of 50k plus for 2007.....

Put your own money up and start a real company Sheepdancer....

I really doubt that you have two nickels to rub together..... :lol: :lol:

BTW ... What happened to your new career outside the lying recruiting biz ??? Did you fail that badly, you have nothing to fall back on other than the dishonest business as " Independent Recruiter "... Sounds like no one would hire you.... That's pretty bad if your former employer JB Hunt would not rehire you...... :lol:

Keep spreading the BS.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 02-16-2008, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by "ColdFrostyMug
I still got a bunch of logbook rulers from all the JB Hunt recruiters who used to troll the truckstops back in the day.

I still have 100s of those....want some more?
Just sad you cant get rid of em eh Sheep.. LOL snicker :wink:
Old 02-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Senior Board Member

lol.....I dont need to be like you and post what I make on a message board. What I make is no one elses business. I do ok. Well enough where my wife doesnt have to work, my three kids can go to a good private school and I can provide a nice home in good safe neighborhood for my family. Which is all that matters to me.
Why did I come back to driver recruiting? Quite simply pay. The job I took in financial recruiting didnt pay as well as what I was used to. I was actually going back to JB, however, I ran into this opportunity that I think has the potential to even pay me better than JB.
As far as the "lying recruiter" part. I still find it funny that in the years ive been on this board ive hired many many drivers from out here and NEVER HAS ONE COME BACK OUT HERE AND SAID I LIED TO THEM.
Yes, some recruiters lie, just like some truck drivers lie. But the fastest way to get fired in this business is to lie to a driver. So I dont.
Plus now that Im working with so many companies, lying to drivers would be the quickest way to lose those clients which would mean a smaller paycheck to me. So it just isnt going to happen.
Believe me, I think its great that you are happy with your two truck operation and your 75K a year job. Thats the important thing in life, to be happy with what you do and the pay you get. Personally I find it great that we live in a country where someone with such a meager IQ such as yourself can work really hard and squeeze out 75K a year. You are proof that anyone can become middle class in this country. Way to go, Skippy.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:52 PM

Sheep has only told the truth to me and never tried to recurit i just dont get it.. Why knock someone? makes no sense to me too burn any Bridges. Frankly i am disappointed in you for even starting this stuff. I look for inforamtion and he is a good source.

I have no other comment except to say look at the source. :x
Sorry I dont mean to interfear, But PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Senior Board Member

I haven't been here long but from reading Sheepsters post he seems like an honest recruiter in my opinion and tells it like it is.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Thanks guys...lol. But believe me, I welcome their negativity. Anything that keeps my name on top of the boards is a good thing.
I will never pressure someone into a job. Thats just not my style of recruiting. My only job is to give someone the information and let them make a decision. Like I said, Im not out on these boards to recruit at all. However, if any hires fall into my lap, im more than happy to take them....lol. Reality, I get almost all the drivers I can handle with the marketing I do outside this board. In fact yesterday, I had to stop taking phone calls on my cell, because in one week I ran up over 1000 minutes from drivers wanting jobs. I fixed that problem now with VONAGE.