Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Truck Driving Jobs: What About This Trucking Company? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company-15/)
-   -   S. CALIF drvr 14 yrs exp. WILL WORK FOR LESS $$ (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/truck-driving-jobs-what-about-trucking-company/32151-s-calif-drvr-14-yrs-exp-will-work-less-%24%24.html)

brad7734 02-01-2008 04:49 PM

S. CALIF drvr 14 yrs exp. WILL WORK FOR LESS $$

S. Calif driver..14 yrs.. wants company job,solo, dry-van..10 speed truck.. wants benefits and more home time with about 9--10 weeks off per year .. if it makes any difference am willing to work for less $$ than my experience might usually warrant. [email protected]

02-02-2008 12:18 AM

Re: S. CALIF drvr 14 yrs exp. WILL WORK FOR LESS $$

Quote:

Originally Posted by brad7734
am willing to work for less $$ than my experience might usually warrant.

No surprise there.

Evinrude 02-02-2008 09:23 AM

Quote:

S. Calif driver..14 yrs.. wants company job,solo, dry-van..10 speed truck.. wants benefits and more home time with about 9--10 weeks off per year .. if it makes any difference am willing to work for less $$ than my experience might usually warrant. [email protected]

with drivers not getting paid for fueling, unload,reloading,traffic jams,and more, I cant believe there are people willing to cut out other drivers and work for less.

Sorry I cant hire you because I pay more.

enobeenob 02-02-2008 02:40 PM

9 to 10 weeks off per year? Yeah right, Buy your own truck and you can have as little or as much time off as you want.

Random_Facts 02-03-2008 05:01 AM

Quote:

UPS, or UPS freight, not sure about the whole 9 to 10 weeks per year off thing. But we do have great benefits, and hometime.

And for a sarcastic joke...if you want to work for less...try CR England!! they will keep you out forever, pay? who knows. vacation.. :roll: Maybe when your dreaming Lol.

Skywalker 02-04-2008 12:36 AM

9 or 10 weeks off.... Whats the problem with that? 63 to 70 days off a year?
Sheeeesh!! That means he's willing to be on the road 302 to 295 days a year.... even if he took a week off at a time.

I don't see any problem with what he's wanting. The industry does, but I don't. But then again....I get that much time off in a year, and more. And I still make a very good living.

What he should look for is a Chemical Tanker Company out that way that he can work for.....not another "coolie carrier".

Thats whats wrong with this industry...or at least segments of it. The companies want you chained to the truck, away from home, working for spit, and even expect you to believe they're doing you a favor while they put the stick to you. If companies paid their drivers right, and got them hometime on a fixed and regular basis....and actually treated them "like they themselves expect to be treated"....things would be different and advertising agencies would be going broke.

Orangetxguy 02-04-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enobeenob
9 to 10 weeks off per year? Yeah right, Buy your own truck and you can have as little or as much time off as you want.

:shock: :shock: :shock: I resemble that remark !!!! 8) 8) 8)

Sealord 02-04-2008 12:31 PM

WILL WORK FOR LESS $$$

Maybe he wants to pay less income taxes. BOL

Sheepdancer 02-15-2008 01:10 AM

The closest I can come with the companies I recruit for is Celedon, They run 14 and 2...then you get 1000 bucks and a week off every 30,000 miles. Thats still not going to be 10 weeks off a year......perhaps you need a part time job

Sheepdancer 02-15-2008 01:12 AM

Wait...I have a brilliant idea....just pick one of the companies I recruit for...drive until you have 10 weeks left in the year...quit and then in 10 weeks I will rehire you and get another commission.
That works out great for me...how about you? :lol: