User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Im not sure exactly what you mean by acknowledge, but they insist that you run leagal. You are given a dispatch preplan message and you are asked to confirm it. Your conffirmation is only a confirmation in the since you are saying yes or no to the delivery appointment. You have to base this off your recap and upcoming available hours. I hope that explains your question.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:49 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbosterling
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by acknowledge, but they insist that you run legal. You are given a dispatch pre plan message and you are asked to confirm it. Your confirmation is only a confirmation in the since you are saying yes or no to the delivery appointment. You have to base this off your recap and upcoming available hours. I hope that explains your question.
Thanks

Yes it answers my question ...

They run legal ..... this is good 8)
Old 02-23-2008, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipy46
Quote:
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by acknowledge, but they insist that you run legal. You are given a dispatch pre plan message and you are asked to confirm it. Your confirmation is only a confirmation in the since you are saying yes or no to the delivery appointment. You have to base this off your recap and upcoming available hours. I hope that explains your question.
Thanks

Why ask this question in such a manner? :evil:
Old 02-23-2008, 05:25 PM
Rookie

My first load in my own truck was from Payette to Atlanta. I84 was closed so we were laid over in our Layton Utah yard. On my way the next day CSR(Customer Service) asked if I needed another day because of weather. I had run 2 600 mile days and was sure glad to see that message. They rescheduled me and gave me an extra day. Could I have made.....yes. Leagaly.........no! So that is just an example of how they handle things. Im not saying they will do that all the time, but my Driver Manager said it didnt hurt that they could see I was busting it trying to get there.
Old 02-23-2008, 08:20 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgardner963
Quote:
Originally Posted by zipy46
Quote:
Thanks

Why ask this question in such a manner? :evil:
Because some trucking companies are alot of talk and Image ...people are gullible and buy into Image and words...but once you are on the inside they come up to be frauds.

Where I work is this way .... thats why I asked

Thats why I am looking elsewhere

:roll:

Thanks again
Old 02-24-2008, 03:30 PM

Quote:
My first load in my own truck was from Payette to Atlanta. I84 was closed so we were laid over in our Layton Utah yard. On my way the next day CSR(Customer Service) asked if I needed another day because of weather. I had run 2 600 mile days and was sure glad to see that message. They rescheduled me and gave me an extra day. Could I have made.....yes. Leagaly.........no! So that is just an example of how they handle things. Im not saying they will do that all the time, but my Driver Manager said it didnt hurt that they could see I was busting it trying to get there.
All the OSL,s will not tell you this but i will.. They have a 72 hour window for your appt. So if you tell them you need more time they will have the csr call and reset the appt time.. :shock:
Old 02-25-2008, 12:41 AM
Rookie

Csr dropped me a line on the qualcomm. I just appreciated it because I was humppin to make it.
Old 02-25-2008, 12:59 AM
Rookie

Crap it is Sunday night already. Wow Time flies. It was a great time to be home. My 4 yearold told me the best part about her Birthday was that Daddy was home......and her Hanna Montana Shirt and her Princess Barbie. So I guess if I rank up there with that stuff Im doing good.

Im gonna try to get everyone caught up to date tonight. I will have to break for nite nite time to tuck in the girls.
Old 02-25-2008, 01:16 AM
Rookie

Well I posted my first run. It was 2246 miles. It was an interesting trip because of weight. I didnt know frozen french fries weighed that much. I had to do some creative sliding to scale it and have room for fuel. I could only get 125 gallons at a pop.

After the run to Ameri-cold in Atlanta. I picked up a load of roofing tile in Macon, Ga going to Milwaukee and Rothchld, Wi. It was a two droper and I was thrilled to go to Wisconson after the weather in the North West. Low and behold I get to Wis. and there is snow every where, but the roads were as dry as Florida. I lucked up. It had snowed two nights before and a Major storm hit the night after I left. That Trip was 1390 plus a stop pay. Im not sure if I said this, but I started at 30 cpm. After unloading in Rothschild Saturday I picked a load of Paper in Cornell, Wi. 14 rolls of 36" wide bulk rolls of untreated roofing felt. It was going to Mcgregor, Tx. Just outside Waco. That was 1200 mles and gave me 2500 for the week. I was staying to the East so I could be home on the 21st. My Daughters Birthday. I waited until around noon on Tuesday to get my next load. I got the news from my DM that I would probably have to head towards Denver and repower something coming back east. I now think he was messing with me, because the qualcomm squawked and my next load came in. A load of salt going from Baytown, Tx to Ft Walton Beach, Fl. For those of you who dont know, that is about as close to my house as I could hope to get. I got home Wed night. and have been hanging with family until tomorrow. I will be headind back out in the morning. Hopefully I have the laptop issues settled out.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Well I posted my first run. It was 2246 miles. It was an interesting trip because of weight. I didnt know frozen french fries weighed that much. I had to do some creative sliding to scale it and have room for fuel. I could only get 125 gallons at a pop.

After the run to Ameri-cold in Atlanta. I picked up a load of roofing tile in Macon, Ga going to Milwaukee and Rothchld, Wi. It was a two droper and I was thrilled to go to Wisconson after the weather in the North West. Low and behold I get to Wis. and there is snow every where, but the roads were as dry as Florida. I lucked up. It had snowed two nights before and a Major storm hit the night after I left. That Trip was 1390 plus a stop pay. Im not sure if I said this, but I started at 30 cpm. After unloading in Rothschild Saturday I picked a load of Paper in Cornell, Wi. 14 rolls of 36" wide bulk rolls of untreated roofing felt. It was going to Mcgregor, Tx. Just outside Waco. That was 1200 mles and gave me 2500 for the week. I was staying to the East so I could be home on the 21st. My Daughters Birthday. I waited until around noon on Tuesday to get my next load. I got the news from my DM that I would probably have to head towards Denver and repower something coming back east. I now think he was messing with me, because the qualcomm squawked and my next load came in. A load of salt going from Baytown, Tx to Ft Walton Beach, Fl. For those of you who dont know, that is about as close to my house as I could hope to get. I got home Wed night. and have been hanging with family until tomorrow. I will be headind back out in the morning. Hopefully I have the laptop issues settled out.

Yep good people there in FL they do like practial jokes.. I am not allowed in there office hahahah i got em good.. :twisted: