LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagerbomber
Is celadon bumping that Mexican Panther division or whatever the mexican company that they own back to 62 as well? Just curious...Just wonder if they will back you guys down, and let them keep rolling as normal when they start coming in and running your freight, I think the Celladon Mexican company was one of the ones allowed to come over...wouldnt that just tick you off to have them still running at regular speed with long loads coming out of Mexico while you are sitting in Laredo scratching your head trying to decide which bill to pay half on.
i dont think jag is active anymore either but if that is the case then i wont have to worry about driving anymore ill be in jail for running those mfers of the road!!!! no i probably wont but it felt good saying that. lol Maybe ill go to school to be an air plane mech oh wait that business isnt doing go either damn what can man do to make a decent living anymore

They still have a Jaguar fleet, however they have the same rules as any other driver as Celadon and are usually looked at much harder!

They do more of the crossing the borders and doing the things you USA drivers don't want to do!

Can this change? I don't know the outcome yet! I do know they are watched closer than the normal driver :lol:
Old 12-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Board Regular

The truck we drive does 66mph. The other day we were in a 75mph state and we had several different trucks blow by us (at different times, not together) like we were standing still. We didn't stop even once during our eleven hour shift since we were under a JIT load and those same trucks would past us yet again at least four times. Going over 65mph only gets you down the road farther if you keep the left door closed.

Doesn't matter where you have been, it's where you are going in life that counts!
Old 12-21-2007, 12:05 PM
Rookie

i dont mind doing 65 but i do mind being forced to go slower then most speed limits and after being able to do 65 i dont think by turning speed down is the best way to go about saveing money
Old 12-21-2007, 08:23 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky1
i dont mind doing 65 but i do mind being forced to go slower then most speed limits and after being able to do 65 i dont think by turning speed down is the best way to go about saveing money
Unfortunately it's what we will be seeing more and more of. With the price of fuel where it's at and knowing that the avg driver couldn't care less about fuel economy companies don't have much choice.

Are you willing to die to take them away from me?
Old 12-21-2007, 10:22 PM
Rookie

yeah and unfortunately i think im done with trucking im young enough to be able to go back to school and try something else . you older fellas can have this job its not my cup of tea any more