User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Info on Schneider, Crete, Crst, US Express

We are a mother/daughter team & we are going to be taking training in the spring and are looking at 4 companies pretty hard and trying to narrow down our choices. Any information would be appreciated on these 4 companies. Crete, Schneider, CRST & US Express.
We are paying for our own schooling, thought that this would be best.
Old 12-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Crete Trucks are RED
Scnheider trucks are orange
USX trucks are Red

And CRST trucks are Gold with a catchy slogan on the trailer door stating...JOIN THE GOLD RUSH....I think it's fools Gold ,but I could be wrong . :wink:
Old 12-05-2007, 11:01 PM

Go with Crete, Excellent company...... About as good as it will get.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Senior Board Member

bibcheese is right go with someone (Crete) that you will stay with and that pays. Also make sure your school will be recognized by the larger trucking co.! Not all schools are BOL
Old 12-06-2007, 06:29 AM
Board Regular
Default I am happy

What part of Ks. I am happy at Crete!!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Board Member
Default Ivory_Snow

For more info about Schneider, you may want to go to pumpkindriver.com. BOL
Old 12-07-2007, 02:14 AM
Rookie
Default Thanks for the responses

We are planning on going to Central Tech at Drumright OK for schooling and all these companies hire from there as well.
We know that all companies have good and bad points to them but I am looking at this as a career move. I am currently working a dead end job, been passed up for several upper positions that I am qualified to do. Their excuse is that I am too good where I am to move me. This company had profit sharing that they have only put money into once, my part after 8 years with them is $700, not much of a retirement. No 401K, and I can get insurance personally cheaper than I can going through them.
Okie, We live 20 miles from Nebraska border in a small rural town with only 1500 people living there. We moved here because my husband grew up here and wanted out of the larger city (20,000 people), slower pace. Only not much available here for work. There's grocerie store (who only wants to hire high school kids), ice cream place (who only hires high school kids) and convenient stores.
Sealord, thank you for the website to find more info on Schneider, it's greatly appreciated.
Big Jeep on 44's, i never thought to look at the truck colors, gold does hide a bit easier than red or orange too. I heard that CRST also might not team my daughter and I but put us with whom ever they feel we would team better with. Is this so? We want to drive together and we are looking at companies who do teams but was surprised at this. I know that if you are single and want to do team that they will put you with someone.
repete & bibcheese, thanks for also responding.
We are getting my questions in order to start calling the recuriters from each of these companies to see what other benefits they offer that I cant find on the internet.
Please keep the coments coming because all we can learn now might help us in the future. Thanks again everyone.
Old 12-07-2007, 06:06 AM
Senior Board Member
Default Re: Thanks for the responses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory_Snow
We are planning on going to Central Tech at Drumright OK for schooling and all these companies hire from there as well.
We know that all companies have good and bad points to them but I am looking at this as a career move. I am currently working a dead end job, been passed up for several upper positions that I am qualified to do. Their excuse is that I am too good where I am to move me. This company had profit sharing that they have only put money into once, my part after 8 years with them is $700, not much of a retirement. No 401K, and I can get insurance personally cheaper than I can going through them.
Okie, We live 20 miles from Nebraska border in a small rural town with only 1500 people living there. We moved here because my husband grew up here and wanted out of the larger city (20,000 people), slower pace. Only not much available here for work. There's grocerie store (who only wants to hire high school kids), ice cream place (who only hires high school kids) and convenient stores.
Sealord, thank you for the website to find more info on Schneider, it's greatly appreciated.
Big Jeep on 44's, i never thought to look at the truck colors, gold does hide a bit easier than red or orange too. I heard that CRST also might not team my daughter and I but put us with whom ever they feel we would team better with. Is this so? We want to drive together and we are looking at companies who do teams but was surprised at this. I know that if you are single and want to do team that they will put you with someone.
repete & bibcheese, thanks for also responding.
We are getting my questions in order to start calling the recuriters from each of these companies to see what other benefits they offer that I cant find on the internet.
Please keep the coments coming because all we can learn now might help us in the future. Thanks again everyone.

out of the companies you listed Crete and Scneider seem to have had the most staisfied drivers with not to many major complaints....Crst ...don't walk away...Run Away ! USX is a toss of the coin I've heard some good but a lot of bad , But not Like CRST...This is gathered from talking with drivers while out on the road for the last 2.5 years .
Old 12-08-2007, 02:53 AM
Rookie
Default Thanks Big Jeep on 44's

Thanks for the information. My dad has told me to also think twice on CRST but you know how us kies are, have to look around for ourselves. He's been driving 15 yrs for Dolly Madison. I have been looking at trucking companies and reading forums for 3 months now and have a notebook kept with info on companies. I do know that there will be upset people at any company. My main goal is to find a decent company to work with and one with good benefits and treats their drivers decent. It's harder with large companies but all the smaller ones I looked at are not even close to our area or have to have a certain amount of experience to drive for them. I dont blame them for that either.
Thanks again for the info, I'll note it with this company. Looks like we might be starting classes sooner than I had thought. Where I work has been turned upside down by the higher ups who sit in an office all day and dont know a thing about hard labor. With very little heat & no a/c in a metal insulated building. Tired of the lies told to us day in and day out. I'm a shoot from your hips kind of gal. I hate being lied to or having someone be sneaky, just rubs me the wrong way. So called my daughter and she is up for starting early although I'm not looking forward to starting off new and driving during winter.
Thanks again for the information and I'll holler when we finally pick a company. We're going to start contacting them next week, didnt think the recruiters would work on weekends.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:25 AM
Rookie

If you want to make more money for doing the same job stay away from companies like CRST that pay based on split miles. Work for a company that will pay on all miles and then split pay. I know this sounds confusing so I'll give you an example:

Let's say you and your partner average 5000 miles per week.

CRST would split the miles 5000/2 = 2500 x .33 cents per mile = $825 each person for the week.

CFI pays base mileage pay .43 cents per mile to the truck 5000 x .43 cents = $2150 then you divide the pay in 2 which means you will each make $1075.

USX pays base mileage pay .40 cents per mile to the truck 5000 x .40 cents = $2000 then you divide the pay in 2 which means you will each make $1000.

I think you get the idea. You want to find a company that pays mileage to the truck and then divides the pay. Companies like CRST and Schneider who pay off of split miles really screw you. JMO. BOL.