LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2007, 07:19 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyTulip
I drive team with my husband and we drove for Prime Inc (big mistake there) and Interstate Dist. Co. and we now drive for US Xpress. Anyone can say whatever they want, but we love driving for this company. Now we are not on the regular fleet (don't think we would get a lot of miles there) and we're making good money every week. We don't sit etc. so we LOVE this! My husband drove for Crete and Shaffer for several years, he liked them too, but they are not as good as they used to be. Friend of ours just quit them too because of not enough miles. He could barely get 1500 miles a week. It's a toss up really, because you might love one company and another driver will hate em. You never know until you go there. However, that said if you do hear mainly bad stuff about a company that should be your red flag right there. Good luck to the both of you!!
I judge a acompany on what I can make as a Solo driver in divisions open to everyone not just those who live in a specific hiring are who qualify for a special account . If the company can not provide a decent living to a Solo driver then they are CRAP .
And you should look at it that way. Like I said, it might work for 1 driver and not for another it's just what you personally are looking for. Some drivers are fine with less miles, some are not. It's just what you want.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:43 PM
Rookie
Default Re: Info on Schneider, Crete, Crst, US Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory_Snow
We are a mother/daughter team & we are going to be taking training in the spring and are looking at 4 companies pretty hard and trying to narrow down our choices. Any information would be appreciated on these 4 companies. Crete, Schneider, CRST & US Express.
We are paying for our own schooling, thought that this would be best.
When you drive team you have a better pick of companies to choose from. I would grab a pad of paper and get your local newspaper and start calling companies. List the important things to you on the pad of paper than draw columns. Call the jobs and start writing down what they offer. Trucking jobs is different than regualar jobs you are needed badly. I would negotiate with the recruiter then very important get it in writing and faxed or mailed to you before you committ. You are or going to be a CDL A driver you have the advantage make the company work for you. Remeber a recruiter is no different than a used car salesman they have quotas to meet far as head count. Don't trust them because there job is to bring you aboard at all possible per there company policy.
good luck
Old 12-30-2007, 10:53 PM
Rookie
Default Thanks for the responses

Thanks Mr.Crash & CrazyTulip for the information. We live in a small rural area and the closest company to us that will take on new drivers is 2 hrs away. We was hoping to go with a smaller company for starting out with but they either wanted 2 yrs experience or not hiring in our area. The going rate for students seems to be close to the same with the companies we checked out. I like the notebook idea and we will be sure to do that. thanks again.