User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-02-2009, 09:48 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Well I talked to Barry in Atlanta again today and was told the same. Slow, slow, slow, Said he didnt wanna bring anyone in to sit. Had a nice chat and I told him I would check back in a couple weeks. <sigh> gotta find me something tho. You guys got any ideas of who might be wanting drivers. I have seen a couple of places but have been weary of them. If I could find a place to get my feet wet pulling a tank I would be thrilled to do that till I can get on in Atl. Well all for now you guys be safe out there.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 PM

Still slow in Maine. Our achilles heel is we rely on paper mills which have been hurting bad recently. Im still doing the same work I was in a day cab, but atleast I get more naps in the sleeper. Running to Dow in CT tomorrow which is a great load for us Mainahs.
Old 03-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Been reading this thread for quite some time now and have decided I want to go back pulling tanks,pulled gas for a year back in 2006/2007 out of North Augusta,SC,and I'd like to get by the house a little more often than 3 weeks.And would love to run out of Augusta,do they have any local runs out of Augusta?Anyway I've decided to try and get something local and get off the road,I've read lots about Superior and Carry and think working for either one would be great,be safe out there.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:57 PM
Senior Board Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by seadawg View Post
Been reading this thread for quite some time now and have decided I want to go back pulling tanks,pulled gas for a year back in 2006/2007 out of North Augusta,SC,and I'd like to get by the house a little more often than 3 weeks.And would love to run out of Augusta,do they have any local runs out of Augusta?Anyway I've decided to try and get something local and get off the road,I've read lots about Superior and Carry and think working for either one would be great,be safe out there.
Seadawg, I would call Traci in Augusta and ask her about that (800-358-7727). However, be forewarned that when Harley and I were in there last Thursday together, a driver called asking if they were hiring and she told him to wait til the middle to end of this month to call back. Just wanted to let you know you may have to wait a while to apply that's all.

It is a great place to work at, regardless of the politics and b.s. (I personally experienced this issue in a very bad way this past weekend) issedoff:

But, before I leave the S.B.L. companies I'll just simply explore other options within our family before ever applying elsewhere! :thumbsup:

From experience, we at Superior are usually a lot more laid back as far as our pick-up and delivery schedules go, whereas Carry is more rushed and time-sensitive due to transporting corn syrup, dextrose, fructose, sucrose, etc. However, Carry drivers also seem to have more of an opportunity to be home on an almost daily basis, depending upon the terminal the driver runs out of, and how far away they live from there. It's just a matter of personal preference. I know that there have been many runs my wife has done that blow away any kind of pay we get at Superior; try a 54-mile round trip that pays $85! Gotta love those flat-rate and/or percentage loads!!! :clap:

On the other hand, if a driver isn't wanting to hustle and run locally/regionally hard all of the time, then on average a Superior driver will make more income over the course of the year. Again, it's simply a matter of personal preference. Anyway.....

I'm still alive and well out here, just ready to get down to FL and take some much-deserved time off with my son in the nice weather. Seems I've caught every storm that's blasted the Midwest this year. Still running halfway decent myself, though changes may be coming in the future. But at this time I will not go into this, just remember what I said above.

Superior Carriers (January 1, 2009 to February 22, 2009)
Gross Pay: $8,278.50
Hub miles: 16,678 (Avg.: .496/mile)
Days Working: 36 (68%)
Days Off: 17 (32%)

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 03-03-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanide View Post
It is a great place to work at, regardless of the politics and b.s. (I personally experienced this issue in a very bad way this past weekend) issedoff:

Care to elaborate?
Old 03-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Cyanide,thanks for the info,I'll be home this week-end(I hope) and I might just head over towards the terminal in Augusta,weather is suppose to be too nice to let my Harley just sit.Unless I find something I can't let pass,I don't inteand make a change til May or June,about due for my bonus and I'd hate to leave that money sitting on the table,I'll keep up dates and let y'all know,be safe out there.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:22 PM

I over heard yesterday were taking 4-5 trucks and about 6 trailers off the road...
Old 03-07-2009, 03:19 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDCavi View Post
I over heard yesterday were taking 4-5 trucks and about 6 trailers off the road...

Sorry to read this DDCavi. I hope you are
safe.
Old 03-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Care to elaborate?
No, there's nothing to elaborate on. The situation was taken care of. It's done and over with. What could've been a situation was handled professionally and as it should have been.

:thumbsup:

U.S.M.C. '89-'95 0351 (Assaultman), '95-'99 6531 (Aviation Ordnance)...IYAOYAS!
U.S. Army '00-'01 67S (OH-58D Crew Chief/Repairman)

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

"Nobody ever drowned in their own sweat."
Old 03-07-2009, 09:06 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Man that sucks!! We are actually hiring 2 or 3 drivers. I saw our trainers out with some guys. How come you guys don't get more of the DOW runs that we get. From what I understood, we were doing them because your terminal couldn't keep up. You know how info. from drivers goes. Your not losing drivers are you. I'm in Markham now and was talking with a Sarnia driver. They are down to 8 drivers from 20. Those blokes are really hurting.